Summary of light dependent reactions
1) Energy is captured from sunlight by light absorbing molecules. Energy is transferred to electrons that enter an electron transport chain
2) water molecules are broken down into H+ ions, electrons, and oxygen molecules.
3) Energized electrons have 2 functions. They provide energy for H+ ion transport, they are added to NADP+ to form NADPH.
4) the flow of H+ ions through ATP synthase makes ATP
5) The products are oxygen, NADPH,a nd ATP. Oxygen is given off as a waste product. Energy from ATP & NADPH is used later to make sugars