1) Energy is captured from sunlight by light absorbing molecules. Energy is transferred to electrons that enter an electron transport chain
2) water molecules are broken down into H+ ions, electrons, and oxygen molecules.
3) Energized electrons have 2 functions. They provide energy for H+ ion transport, they are added to NADP+ to form NADPH.
4) the flow of H+ ions through ATP synthase makes ATP
5) The products are oxygen, NADPH,a nd ATP. Oxygen is given off as a waste product. Energy from ATP & NADPH is used later to make sugars