5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- When did Spanish conquistadores come to Mexico?
- Describe in detail the environmental problems facing Mexico City.
- What are the Greater Antilles and Lesser Antilles?
- What is the major religion in Mexico?
- a The motor vehicles and factories release chemicals into the air which result in smog that can burn eyes and throats. People have pumped the wells so heavily that the ground has begun to sink and take the buildings with it.
- b Roman Catholic
- c a type of tourism that focuses on guided travel though natural areas and on outdoor activities
- d The Greater Antilles include the large islands of Cuba, Hispaniola, Jamaica, and Puerto Rico. They also include the some 700 islands that make up the Bahamas. The Lesser Antilles include more than 20 small island countries and territories. The Greater and Lesser Antilles are the major island groups of the West Indies.
- e 1519
5 Multiple choice questions
- bananas, sugar, cotton, and cocoa beans
- rich mineral desposits, fertile soils, climates suitable for farming, rivers, rain forests, gold and silver, copper, iron ore, bauxite, and petroleum
- One of the region's greatest natural resources is the warm and sunny climate, which attracts millions of tourists. Fertile soils and rich fishing grounds are also natural resources found in the region.
- beans, corn, peppers, squash
- large slums that surround major cities (in Brazil)
5 True/False questions
What is the population of the Caribbean? → Roman Catholic
Where are the largest reserves of oil in South America? → surrounding Lake Maracaibo in Venezuela
What was a major motive for Spain to colonize the Americas? → desire for gold and silver
What were the accomplishments of the Inca empire? → *built paved roads and suspension bridges
*terraced fields braced by stone walls
What is the future of tourism in the region? → One of the region's greatest natural resources is the warm and sunny climate, which attracts millions of tourists. Fertile soils and rich fishing grounds are also natural resources found in the region.