5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What crops does Central America depend on?
- What is NAFTA?
- Why is the land so unstable around Mexico City?
- What are the Greater Antilles and Lesser Antilles?
- a bananas, sugar, cotton, and cocoa beans
- b special factories in Mexico owned mainly by American companies
- c North American Free Trade Agreement that lowered tariffs between Canada, Mexico, and the US.
- d The Greater Antilles include the large islands of Cuba, Hispaniola, Jamaica, and Puerto Rico. They also include the some 700 islands that make up the Bahamas. The Lesser Antilles include more than 20 small island countries and territories. The Greater and Lesser Antilles are the major island groups of the West Indies.
- e The city lies on a dry lake bed, so the soils underneath are soft and unstable.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Spanish, Portugese, Dutch, English, French, Quechua, Guarani, and Portunol
- sugar cane
- Modern skyscrapers tower over Aztec ruins and Spanish colonial buildings. Mexico City's square is where the center of Tenochtitlan one stood. They have old cathedrals and a palace. Chapultepec Park was once used by Aztec emperors.
- Small gold fields have been discovered throughout Central America. Jamaica has major deposits of bauxite. Cuba and the Dominican Republic produce nickel. Trinidad has oil.
- Their god advised them to build where they saw an eagle eating a snake while perched on a cactus.
5 True/False questions
Where are the Andes Mountains? → an elevated plain between the two great ranges that the Andes divide into
What is the driest region in South America? → Atacama desert of Northern Chile and Southern Peru
List the four regions of Mexico. → Roman Catholic
El nino → an ocean and weather pattern that causes the eastern Pacific Ocean to be colder than normal
Name the major mineral resources in Mexico. → silver, gold, iron, lead, mercury