5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Including French Guiana, how many countries are in South America?
- List the four regions of Mexico.
- What were the accomplishments of the Inca empire?
- Describe and locate the main languages spoken in the Caribbean.
- a 1. Greater Mexico City
2. Central Mexico
3. Gulf Lowlands and Southern Mexico
4. Northern Mexico
- b Spanish is spoken in Cuba, the Dominican Republic and Puerto Rico. English is also an official language in Puerto Rico. French and Creole are official languages of Haiti. Creole is a blend of European, African, or Caribbean Indian languages. In Aruba and the Netherlands Antilles, many people speak Papamiento. This creole language combines elements of Spanish, Dutch, and Portugese.
- c 13
- d a large plains area in Northeastern Colombia and western Venezuela
- e *built paved roads and suspension bridges
*terraced fields braced by stone walls
5 Multiple choice questions
- This region has volcanoes, earthquakes, hurricanes, and mud slides.
- *Tierra helada- above 16,000 feet (permanently covered with snow)
*Paramo- 10,000 to 16,000 feet (potatoes, grasslands and hardy shrubs, grazing)
*Tierra fria- 6,000 to 10,000 feet (potatoes, wheat, oats, barley, beans, corn, rye)
*tierra templada- 3,000 to 6,000 feet (coffee, corn, wheat, cotton, potatoes, sugar cane, tobacco)
*tierra cliente- sea level to 3,000 feet (bananas, cacao, rice, sugar cane)
- North American Free Trade Agreement that lowered tariffs between Canada, Mexico, and the US.
5 True/False questions
El nino → ocean and weather patterns in which the Southeastern Pacific Ocean is warmer than usual, affecting regional climates
Name 3 factors that explain Mexico's climate. → 1. Pacific subtropical high pressure cell
2. northeast tradewinds
What are the main languages spoken in South America? → Atacama desert of Northern Chile and Southern Peru
maquiladoras → a large plains area in Northeastern Colombia and western Venezuela
What is the major religion in Mexico? → Mexico City has too few jobs so many people live in shacks without electricity and running water. Mexico City also suffers from terrible air pollution. Parts of southern Mexico have inadequate schools and poorly developed telephone communication and transportation.