5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What are the main languages spoken in South America?
- When did Spanish conquistadores come to Mexico?
- When did the Spaniards, under Francisco Pizarro, conquer the Incas?
- What happened to Tenochtitlan when the Spaniards arrived?
- What environmental hazards are in this region?
- a The Spaniards destroyed it and built Mexico City on the ruins.
- b in the 1530s
- c This region has volcanoes, earthquakes, hurricanes, and mud slides.
- d Spanish, Portugese, Dutch, English, French, Quechua, Guarani, and Portunol
- e 1519
5 Multiple choice questions
- ocean and weather patterns in which the Southeastern Pacific Ocean is warmer than usual, affecting regional climates
- more than 12,000 years ago
- a type of tourism that focuses on guided travel though natural areas and on outdoor activities
- Roman Catholic
5 True/False questions
indigenous → native
Describe the natural resources of the region. → One of the region's greatest natural resources is the warm and sunny climate, which attracts millions of tourists. Fertile soils and rich fishing grounds are also natural resources found in the region.
What are the Greater Antilles and Lesser Antilles? → The Greater Antilles include the large islands of Cuba, Hispaniola, Jamaica, and Puerto Rico. They also include the some 700 islands that make up the Bahamas. The Lesser Antilles include more than 20 small island countries and territories. The Greater and Lesser Antilles are the major island groups of the West Indies.
How large is Mexico City? → It is the second largest urban area in the world after Tokyo.
What were the main crops of Mexico's early people? → There aren't many and there is no major river system.