5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What was one result of the Mexican revolution
- How large is Mexico City?
- When did people first enter South America?
- What is the Altiplano?
- a more than 12,000 years ago
- b Mexico gained its independence from Spain.
- c a type of tourism that focuses on guided travel though natural areas and on outdoor activities
- d It is the second largest urban area in the world after Tokyo.
- e an elevated plain between the two great ranges that the Andes divide into
5 Multiple choice questions
- an ocean and weather pattern that causes the eastern Pacific Ocean to be colder than normal
- about 36 million people as of 2000
- the Amazon River Basin
- Christopher Columbus thought he had reached islands off the coast of Asia that Europeans called the Indies, and the name stuck.
5 True/False questions
What happened to Tenochtitlan when the Spaniards arrived? → a semiarid and arid climate
What was a major motive for Spain to colonize the Americas? → desire for gold and silver
What was the capital city of the ancient Aztec empire? → Tenochtitlan
bauxite → mineral that is the ore from which aluminum is made
isthmus → a large plains area in Northeastern Colombia and western Venezuela