5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What mineral resources are found in this region?
- When did Spanish conquistadores come to Mexico?
- When did people first enter South America?
- Why is the land so unstable around Mexico City?
- What unique advantages did the Spanish have that allowed them to conquer the Aztecs?
- a Small gold fields have been discovered throughout Central America. Jamaica has major deposits of bauxite. Cuba and the Dominican Republic produce nickel. Trinidad has oil.
- b muskets, horses, and diseases
- c 1519
- d The city lies on a dry lake bed, so the soils underneath are soft and unstable.
- e more than 12,000 years ago
5 Multiple choice questions
- a semiarid and arid climate
- *built paved roads and suspension bridges
*terraced fields braced by stone walls
- Roman Catholic
- Factories and cars that release chemicals and toxins into the air cause air pollution.
5 True/False questions
Name the three great river systems in South America. → *Amazon
El nino → ocean and weather patterns in which the Southeastern Pacific Ocean is warmer than usual, affecting regional climates
What are the key natural resources in South America? → Spanish, Portugese, Dutch, English, French, Quechua, Guarani, and Portunol
indigenous → native
What crops does Central America depend on? → bananas, sugar, cotton, and cocoa beans