5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- On what legend did the Aztecs found the town Tenochtitlan?
- What were the main crops of Mexico's early people?
- What are some of the cultural and historical features of Mexico City?
- a beans, corn, peppers, squash
- b a type of tourism that focuses on guided travel though natural areas and on outdoor activities
- c Modern skyscrapers tower over Aztec ruins and Spanish colonial buildings. Mexico City's square is where the center of Tenochtitlan one stood. They have old cathedrals and a palace. Chapultepec Park was once used by Aztec emperors.
- d Their god advised them to build where they saw an eagle eating a snake while perched on a cactus.
- e wide fertile grasslands in southern South America
5 Multiple choice questions
- more than 12,000 years ago
- North American Free Trade Agreement that lowered tariffs between Canada, Mexico, and the US.
- Tropical wet and dry climates are typical. Temperatures seldom vary more than 10 degrees Fahrenheit between summer and winter. During winter, high pressure generally brings dry weather. A summer rainy season results when low pressure cells begin to move north across the region.
- Mexico gained its independence from Spain.
5 True/False questions
Name 3 factors that explain Mexico's climate. → It is the second largest urban area in the world after Tokyo.
What is the driest region in South America? → more than 5,000 years ago
La nina → an ocean and weather pattern that causes the eastern Pacific Ocean to be colder than normal
When did the Spaniards, under Francisco Pizarro, conquer the Incas? → more than 12,000 years ago
When did Spanish conquistadores come to Mexico? → 1519