5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- which glands only secrete internally
- Neurotransmitters are strictly restricted to what only?
- what are the tissues that secrete chemical messengers?
- DNA binding leads to what?
- where does the specificity of the endocrine system come from?
- a synaptic cleft
- b Glands
- c the receptors
- d increase or decrease in protein synthesis
- e endocrine glands
5 Multiple choice questions
- exocrine glands
- Up regulation or down regulation
- non steroid hormones
5 True/False questions
Since steroid and thyroid hormones are bound to carrier proteins as they move through bloodstream, what does this say about them? → they are insoluble in water
what is an example of an exocrine gland? → the target cells
How do hormones initiate a response? → within target cells!
what are the two main systems that sllow communication between parts and activities of the body → nervous system and endocrine system.
True or false, the number of receptors made by the cell can be increased or decreased → Up regulation or down regulation