5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Where do actions of hormones take place
- what hormone is a sex hormone such as testosterone estrogen and aldosterone and cortisol?
- which glands excrete both internally and externally
- the endocrine system uses chemical messengers called what?
- what are the two main systems that sllow communication between parts and activities of the body
- a nervous system and endocrine system.
- b steroid hormones
- c within target cells!
- d exocrine glands
- e hormones
5 Multiple choice questions
- they are insoluble in water
- the receptors
- increase or decrease in protein synthesis
- Up regulation or down regulation
5 True/False questions
what hormone group is made of amino acids made from compounds peptides proteins glycoproteins and non steroid lipids → non steroid hormones
what group of hormones is made of lipids dervied from cholesterol? → by interacting with receptors
when hormones bind to receptors within cell and activate DNA BINDING, what does that do to the gene? → steroid and non steroid
what is an example of an exocrine gland? → the target cells
Neurotransmitters are strictly restricted to what only? → the target cells