5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Neurotransmitters are strictly restricted to what only?
- what hormone group is made of amino acids made from compounds peptides proteins glycoproteins and non steroid lipids
- the endocrine system uses chemical messengers called what?
- there are other types of glands that produce molueces which act very close to their source. these chemical messengers are like hormones but are not called hormones because they do not what?
- How do hormones initiate a response?
- a travel throughout the body
- b synaptic cleft
- c by interacting with receptors
- d non steroid hormones
- e hormones
5 Multiple choice questions
- exocrine glands
- nervous system and endocrine system.
- the receptors
5 True/False questions
What glands secret substances internally and travel to body through bloodstream → endocrine glands
which glands only secrete internally → exocrine glands
What is it called when the number of receptors made by the cell are increased or decreased → Up regulation or down regulation
what does the nervous system use as chemical messengers? → neurotransmitters
which glands excrete both internally and externally → exocrine glands