5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- what hormone group is made of amino acids made from compounds peptides proteins glycoproteins and non steroid lipids
- What is it called when the number of receptors made by the cell are increased or decreased
- Hormones are divided into 2 main groups, what are they?
- Where do actions of hormones take place
- which glands only secrete internally
- a endocrine glands
- b non steroid hormones
- c steroid and non steroid
- d within target cells!
- e Up regulation or down regulation
5 Multiple choice questions
- travel throughout the body
- nervous system and endocrine system.
- the target cells
- steroid hormones
5 True/False questions
the endocrine system uses chemical messengers called what? → hormones
when hormones bind to receptors within cell and activate DNA BINDING, what does that do to the gene? → steroid and non steroid
what group of hormones is made of lipids dervied from cholesterol? → Steroids
where does the specificity of the endocrine system come from? → within target cells!
which glands secrete their materials through ducts and body surfaces either internal or external - NOT hormones → endocrine glands