5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- scar tissue
- left lung (2 lobes)
- a If carbon dioxide levels decrease, your breathing rate __________.
- b The lungs contain thin-walled sacs called __________.
- c In your respiratory pictures what is letter "V" pointing to?
- d The volume of the chest cavity decreases when you __________.
- e When a person has chronic bronchitis excess coughing can damage cilia and form __________ __________.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The gases inside the lungs are pushed out through air passages when you __________.
- In your respiratory pictures what is letter "F" pointing to?
- A disease called __________ is a disease of the alveoli, which causes the alveoli to enlarge and fail to function effectively.
- At the lower end of the trachea, two short tubes called __________ branch into smaller tubes.
- When uncontrolled cell growth occurs in the lungs a person has __________ __________.
5 True/False questions
lungs → The __________ are organs made up of alveoli.
inhale → The gases inside the lungs are pushed out through air passages when you __________.
nasal cavity → The diaphragm is a large sheet of muscle that stretches across the bottom of the __________ __________.
bronchioles → In your respiratory pictures what is letter "F" pointing to?
chest cavity → The movement of the chest that brings air into the lungs and removes waste gases is called __________.