5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a noun: A building, especially one of large size or imposing appearance.
- b adjective: Broadly or extravagantly humorous.
- c verb: To make or shape with an ax.
- d noun: A superficial appearance or illusion of something.
- e adjective: Extended to great, unnecessary, or tedious length.
5 Multiple choice questions
- noun: A meeting of party leaders to select candidates.
- noun: The ringing or sounding of bells.
- adjective: Characterized by or proceeding from instinct rather than intellect.
- adjective: Having, or characterized by, a disparaging, derogatory, or belittling effect, tone, or force.
- verb: To speak at great length, often in a bombastic or grandiloquent manner.
5 True/False questions
Glib → noun: Exasperation; vexation; irritation or annoyance.
Idiosyncratic → adjective: Characterized by a habit, mannerism, or other physical or mental behavior.
Blanch → verb: To draw back from or shy away from, as from fear.
Bauble → noun: A small showy ornament of little value.
Debilitate → verb: To sap strength from; to weaken. (attenuate, enervate).