5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a noun: A building, especially one of large size or imposing appearance.
- b noun: Something, such as a belief or an institution, that elicits blind and destructive devotion or to which people are ruthlessly sacrificed.
- c noun: A small showy ornament of little value.
- d noun: An incidental payment, benefit, privilege, or advantage above and beyond regular salary, compensation, income, or wages.
- e verb: To sap strength from; to weaken. (attenuate, enervate).
5 Multiple choice questions
- noun: A superficial appearance or illusion of something.
- noun: A lover or collector of books.
- adjective: Performed with natural ease. (Unctuous)
- adjective: Having, or characterized by, a disparaging, derogatory, or belittling effect, tone, or force.
- adjective: Characterized by a habit, mannerism, or other physical or mental behavior.
5 True/False questions
Filibuster → noun/verb: The use of obstructionist tactics for the purpose of delaying legislative action.
Insufferable → adjective: Characterized by or proceeding from instinct rather than intellect.
Hoary → adjective: Ancient or venerable; ancient.
Gall → adjective: Performed with natural ease. (Unctuous)
Antecedent → noun: A preceding circumstance.