5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a adjective: Having, or characterized by, a disparaging, derogatory, or belittling effect, tone, or force.
- b noun: One who cuts, polishes, or engraves gems.
adjective: Marked by conciseness, precision, or refinement of expression.
- c noun: A clever trick or stratagem. (chicanery, guile, legerdemain, pretense).
- d adjective: Performed with natural ease. (Unctuous)
- e verb: To speak at great length, often in a bombastic or grandiloquent manner.
5 Multiple choice questions
- noun: A small showy ornament of little value.
- verb: To sap strength from; to weaken. (attenuate, enervate).
- adjective: Ancient or venerable; ancient.
- noun: A meeting of party leaders to select candidates.
- adjective: Characterized by a habit, mannerism, or other physical or mental behavior.
5 True/False questions
Bibliophile → noun: A lover or collector of books.
Antediluvian → adjective: Very old, old-fashioned, out of date.
Lascivious → adjective: Indicating sexual interest. (wanton; lewd; salacious)
Insufferable → adjective: Not to be endured; intolerable; unbearable.
Perquisite → noun: An incidental payment, benefit, privilege, or advantage above and beyond regular salary, compensation, income, or wages.