1. Click Start Devices And Printers Add A Printer. This starts the Add Printer Wizard.
2. In the Choose A Local Or Network Printer page, select Add A Local Printer. This should automatically take you to the next page. If it does not, Click Next.
3. In the Choose A Printer Port page, select Use An Existing Port. From the drop - down list beside that option, make sure LPT1: (Printer Port) is selected. Click Next.
4. On the Install The Printer Driver page, select Generic for the manufacturer, and for the printer, highlight Generic / Text Only. Click Next.
5. On the Type A Printer Name page, type Text Printer . Uncheck the Set As The Default Printer box and then click Next.
6. The Installing Printer screen appears. After the system is ﬁnished, the Printer Sharing page appears. Make sure the box labeled " Share this printer so that others on your network can ﬁnd and use it " is selected, and accept the default share name of Text Printer.
7. In the Location section, type Building 203, and in the Comment section, add the following comment: This is a text - only Printer. Click Next.
8. On the You've Successfully Added Text Printer page, click Finish.
9. Next, you need to verify that the printer will be listed in Active Directory. Right - click the Text Printer icon and select Printer Properties.
10. Select the Sharing tab, and ensure that the List In The Directory box is checked. Note that you can also add additional printer drivers for other operating systems using this
tab. Click OK to accept the settings.