5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Au courant
- a verb: To overcome the distrust or animosity of someone. (mitigate, mollify, pacify, placate, propitiate, quell).
- b adjective: Losing leaves in the fall; short-lived; temporary. (evanescent).
- c noun: A member of the middle class.
adjective: Dominated or characterized by materialistic and often frivolous pursuits or concerns.
- d adjective: Fully aware or familiar; cognizant; up-to-date.
- e noun: Act of cleansing; washing or cleansing of the body, especially as part of a religious ceremony. (sanctify).
5 Multiple choice questions
- adjective: Slow; tending to or inclined to delay or postpone; procrastinating.
- noun: Cheerful willingness; eagerness; speed or quickness. (celerity).
- noun: Symbolic representation; an extended metaphor in narrative form.
- adjective: Composed of unlike parts.
- noun: Sin; an evil act; gross immorality or injustice; wickedness.
5 True/False questions
Euphony → noun: Pleasant, agreeable, harmonious sound.
Derogate → verb: To belittle; to deviate from a standard or expectation; to go astray or stray. (disparage).
Impregnable → adjective: Totally safe from attack; invulnerable; impervious to outside influence.
Euphemism → noun: An act or an example of substituting a mild, indirect, or vague term for one considered harsh, blunt, or offensive.
Aberration → noun: A state or condition markedly different form the norm. (anomaly).