5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a adjective: Arrogant; audacious; characterized by an offensive boldness. (insolent, impertinent).
- b adjective: Irrelevant; unrelated; unnecessary; inessential or unrelated to the topic or matter at hand.
- c adjective: Slow; tending to or inclined to delay or postpone; procrastinating.
- d noun: Public honor, recognition, or respect. (encomium).
- e verb: To belittle; to deviate from a standard or expectation; to go astray or stray. (disparage).
5 Multiple choice questions
- noun: Cheerful willingness; eagerness; speed or quickness. (celerity).
- noun: Symbolic representation; an extended metaphor in narrative form.
- adjective: Unrehearsed; done on the spur of the moment; impromptu.
- verb: To overcome the distrust or animosity of someone. (mitigate, mollify, pacify, placate, propitiate, quell).
- noun: An act or an example of substituting a mild, indirect, or vague term for one considered harsh, blunt, or offensive.
5 True/False questions
Abnegate → verb: To belittle; to deviate from a standard or expectation; to go astray or stray. (disparage).
Ethos → noun: The disposition, character, or fundamental values and beliefs peculiar to a specific person, people, culture, or movement.
Furtive → adjective: Stern in manner or appearance.
Aversion → noun: Strong or fixed dislike; a feeling of repugnance.
Founder → verb: To fall helplessly; to sink; to cave in; to fail utterly.