5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Au courant
- a noun: A curse.
- b noun: The disposition, character, or fundamental values and beliefs peculiar to a specific person, people, culture, or movement.
- c adjective: Totally safe from attack; invulnerable; impervious to outside influence.
- d adjective: Fully aware or familiar; cognizant; up-to-date.
- e verb: To confine or seclude; to shut away from the world.
noun: A place, especially a monastery or convent, devoted to religious seclusion.
5 Multiple choice questions
- noun: Pleasant, agreeable, harmonious sound.
- noun: A state or condition markedly different form the norm. (anomaly).
- noun: A member of the middle class.
adjective: Dominated or characterized by materialistic and often frivolous pursuits or concerns.
- noun: Act of cleansing; washing or cleansing of the body, especially as part of a religious ceremony. (sanctify).
- noun: An act or an example of substituting a mild, indirect, or vague term for one considered harsh, blunt, or offensive.
5 True/False questions
Impugn → verb: To call into question; to challenge an argument; to attack verbally; to attack as false.
Conciliate → verb: To bring oneself purposely into another's good grades especially by deliberate effort.
Ingratiate → noun: Sin; an evil act; gross immorality or injustice; wickedness.
Homage → noun: Public honor, recognition, or respect. (encomium).
Furtive → adjective: Stern in manner or appearance.