5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a noun: The disposition, character, or fundamental values and beliefs peculiar to a specific person, people, culture, or movement.
- b noun: Public honor, recognition, or respect. (encomium).
- c noun: Pleasant, agreeable, harmonious sound.
- d adjective: Losing leaves in the fall; short-lived; temporary. (evanescent).
- e verb: To lessen the intensity of severity of, to ease or sooth; to calm or pacify. (assuage, abate, alleviate, mitigate, mollify, pacify).
5 Multiple choice questions
- verb: To belittle; to deviate from a standard or expectation; to go astray or stray. (disparage).
- adjective: Suitable; appropriate; well spoken; marked by happiness or good fortune. (germane).
- adjective: Proportional; corresponding in size or degree; proportionate.
- adjective: Stern in manner or appearance.
- verb: To bring oneself purposely into another's good grades especially by deliberate effort.
5 True/False questions
Founder → verb: To fall helplessly; to sink; to cave in; to fail utterly.
Extraneous → adjective: Unrehearsed; done on the spur of the moment; impromptu.
Heterogeneous → adjective: Irrelevant; unrelated; unnecessary; inessential or unrelated to the topic or matter at hand.
Abnegate → verb: To deny (something) to oneself; restrain, especially from indulging in some pleasure. (ascetic).
Indefatigable → adjective: Tireless; incapable or seemingly incapable of being fatigued.