5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Au courant
- a adjective: Totally safe from attack; invulnerable; impervious to outside influence.
- b noun: Act of cleansing; washing or cleansing of the body, especially as part of a religious ceremony. (sanctify).
- c noun: A curse.
- d adjective: Fully aware or familiar; cognizant; up-to-date.
- e adjective: Having the power to compel conviction or move the will. (sagacious).
5 Multiple choice questions
- adjective: Irrelevant; unrelated; unnecessary; inessential or unrelated to the topic or matter at hand.
- adjective: Most unfortunate or miserable; pitiful.
- noun: Strong or fixed dislike; a feeling of repugnance.
- verb: To fall helplessly; to sink; to cave in; to fail utterly.
- verb: To bring oneself purposely into another's good grades especially by deliberate effort.
5 True/False questions
Furtive → adjective: Stern in manner or appearance.
Ethos → noun: Pleasant, agreeable, harmonious sound.
Dilatory → adjective: Slow; tending to or inclined to delay or postpone; procrastinating.
Commensurate → verb: To overcome the distrust or animosity of someone. (mitigate, mollify, pacify, placate, propitiate, quell).
Conciliate → verb: To bring oneself purposely into another's good grades especially by deliberate effort.