5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Au courant
- a adjective: Fully aware or familiar; cognizant; up-to-date.
- b adjective: Irrelevant; unrelated; unnecessary; inessential or unrelated to the topic or matter at hand.
- c verb: To confine or seclude; to shut away from the world.
noun: A place, especially a monastery or convent, devoted to religious seclusion.
- d noun: Cheerful willingness; eagerness; speed or quickness. (celerity).
- e noun: Pleasant, agreeable, harmonious sound.
5 Multiple choice questions
- noun: An act or an example of substituting a mild, indirect, or vague term for one considered harsh, blunt, or offensive.
- verb: To call into question; to challenge an argument; to attack verbally; to attack as false.
- adjective: Suitable; appropriate; well spoken; marked by happiness or good fortune. (germane).
- noun: Strong or fixed dislike; a feeling of repugnance.
- verb: To overcome the distrust or animosity of someone. (mitigate, mollify, pacify, placate, propitiate, quell).
5 True/False questions
Abject → adjective: Having the power to compel conviction or move the will. (sagacious).
Imprecation → noun: A curse.
Impudent → adjective: Arrogant; audacious; characterized by an offensive boldness. (insolent, impertinent).
Austere → adjective: Stern in manner or appearance.
Cogent → adjective: Having the power to compel conviction or move the will. (sagacious).