5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a noun: Public honor, recognition, or respect. (encomium).
- b noun: A member of the middle class.
adjective: Dominated or characterized by materialistic and often frivolous pursuits or concerns.
- c adjective: Secret; characterized by stealth; expressive of hidden motives or purposes. (surreptitious).
- d noun: A curse.
- e verb: To deny (something) to oneself; restrain, especially from indulging in some pleasure. (ascetic).
5 Multiple choice questions
- adjective: Suitable; appropriate; well spoken; marked by happiness or good fortune. (germane).
- verb: To belittle; to deviate from a standard or expectation; to go astray or stray. (disparage).
- verb: To overcome the distrust or animosity of someone. (mitigate, mollify, pacify, placate, propitiate, quell).
- adjective: Stern in manner or appearance.
- noun: Act of cleansing; washing or cleansing of the body, especially as part of a religious ceremony. (sanctify).
5 True/False questions
Au courant → adjective: Having the power to compel conviction or move the will. (sagacious).
Allegory → adjective: Slow; tending to or inclined to delay or postpone; procrastinating.
Ingratiate → noun: Sin; an evil act; gross immorality or injustice; wickedness.
Founder → verb: To confine or seclude; to shut away from the world.
noun: A place, especially a monastery or convent, devoted to religious seclusion.
Iniquity → noun: Sin; an evil act; gross immorality or injustice; wickedness.