5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a noun: Sin; an evil act; gross immorality or injustice; wickedness.
- b noun: A curse.
- c verb: To confine or seclude; to shut away from the world.
noun: A place, especially a monastery or convent, devoted to religious seclusion.
- d noun: Act of cleansing; washing or cleansing of the body, especially as part of a religious ceremony. (sanctify).
- e adjective: Suitable; appropriate; well spoken; marked by happiness or good fortune. (germane).
5 Multiple choice questions
- verb: To deny (something) to oneself; restrain, especially from indulging in some pleasure. (ascetic).
- adjective: Composed of unlike parts.
- verb: To call into question; to challenge an argument; to attack verbally; to attack as false.
- noun: A state or condition markedly different form the norm. (anomaly).
- verb: To lessen the intensity of severity of, to ease or sooth; to calm or pacify. (assuage, abate, alleviate, mitigate, mollify, pacify).
5 True/False questions
Indefatigable → adjective: Tireless; incapable or seemingly incapable of being fatigued.
Commensurate → adjective: Having the power to compel conviction or move the will. (sagacious).
Homage → verb: To belittle; to deviate from a standard or expectation; to go astray or stray. (disparage).
Alacrity → noun: Cheerful willingness; eagerness; speed or quickness. (celerity).
Extraneous → adjective: Unrehearsed; done on the spur of the moment; impromptu.