5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a adjective: Totally safe from attack; invulnerable; impervious to outside influence.
- b noun: A member of the middle class.
adjective: Dominated or characterized by materialistic and often frivolous pursuits or concerns.
- c adjective: Suitable; appropriate; well spoken; marked by happiness or good fortune. (germane).
- d adjective: Stern in manner or appearance.
- e adjective: Most unfortunate or miserable; pitiful.
5 Multiple choice questions
- noun: Public honor, recognition, or respect. (encomium).
- adjective: Fully aware or familiar; cognizant; up-to-date.
- verb: To overcome the distrust or animosity of someone. (mitigate, mollify, pacify, placate, propitiate, quell).
- adjective: Unrehearsed; done on the spur of the moment; impromptu.
- verb: To confine or seclude; to shut away from the world.
noun: A place, especially a monastery or convent, devoted to religious seclusion.
5 True/False questions
Derogate → verb: To deny (something) to oneself; restrain, especially from indulging in some pleasure. (ascetic).
Alacrity → noun: Cheerful willingness; eagerness; speed or quickness. (celerity).
Aberration → noun: A state or condition markedly different form the norm. (anomaly).
Allay → noun: Symbolic representation; an extended metaphor in narrative form.
Impudent → adjective: Arrogant; audacious; characterized by an offensive boldness. (insolent, impertinent).