5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a adjective: Slow; tending to or inclined to delay or postpone; procrastinating.
- b adjective: Arrogant; audacious; characterized by an offensive boldness. (insolent, impertinent).
- c verb: To confine or seclude; to shut away from the world.
noun: A place, especially a monastery or convent, devoted to religious seclusion.
- d verb: To belittle; to deviate from a standard or expectation; to go astray or stray. (disparage).
- e noun: A curse.
5 Multiple choice questions
- adjective: Suitable; appropriate; well spoken; marked by happiness or good fortune. (germane).
- adjective: Totally safe from attack; invulnerable; impervious to outside influence.
- noun: A member of the middle class.
adjective: Dominated or characterized by materialistic and often frivolous pursuits or concerns.
- noun: Sin; an evil act; gross immorality or injustice; wickedness.
- noun: An act or an example of substituting a mild, indirect, or vague term for one considered harsh, blunt, or offensive.
5 True/False questions
Abject → adjective: Most unfortunate or miserable; pitiful.
Homage → adjective: Having the power to compel conviction or move the will. (sagacious).
Aversion → noun: A state or condition markedly different form the norm. (anomaly).
Commensurate → adjective: Proportional; corresponding in size or degree; proportionate.
Furtive → adjective: Secret; characterized by stealth; expressive of hidden motives or purposes. (surreptitious).