5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a adjective: Suitable; appropriate; well spoken; marked by happiness or good fortune. (germane).
- b adjective: Secret; characterized by stealth; expressive of hidden motives or purposes. (surreptitious).
- c verb: To lessen the intensity of severity of, to ease or sooth; to calm or pacify. (assuage, abate, alleviate, mitigate, mollify, pacify).
- d adjective: Most unfortunate or miserable; pitiful.
- e noun: Act of cleansing; washing or cleansing of the body, especially as part of a religious ceremony. (sanctify).
5 Multiple choice questions
- adjective: Tireless; incapable or seemingly incapable of being fatigued.
- adjective: Fully aware or familiar; cognizant; up-to-date.
- adjective: Composed of unlike parts.
- verb: To bring oneself purposely into another's good grades especially by deliberate effort.
- verb: To fall helplessly; to sink; to cave in; to fail utterly.
5 True/False questions
Ethos → noun: Pleasant, agreeable, harmonious sound.
Austere → adjective: Stern in manner or appearance.
Bourgeois → noun: An act or an example of substituting a mild, indirect, or vague term for one considered harsh, blunt, or offensive.
Imprecation → noun: A curse.
Cogent → adjective: Most unfortunate or miserable; pitiful.