How can we help?
You can also find more resources in our
Select a category
Something is confusing
Something is broken
I have a suggestion
What is your email?
What is 1 + 3?
Vocab List #11
... Source: Quizlet definitions through the Princeton WordNet database.
curved down like an eagle's beak
carefree and happy and lighthearted, lacking or showing a lack of due concern
a difficult problem
mental infirmity as a consequence of old age
dissentious; relating or inclined to a state of faction
(of a speech sound) produced in the throat; harsh-sounding
originating where it is found; native
a state of physical or mental weariness; lack of energy; weariness or fatigue
lacking definition or definite content, lacking definite form or limits
humorous or satirical mimicry, a composition that imitates somebody's style in a humorous way; make a spoof of or make fun of
a natural inclination; a disposition to behave in a certain way; an inclination to do something
1) intense aversion or disgust
2) the inconsistency or incompatibility of ideas or statements
1) extremely distasteful, unacceptable
2) in conflict with, incompatible with
1) reluctance to work or make an effort; laziness
2) a slow-moving tropical American mammal that hangs upside down from the branches of trees using its long limbs and hooked claws
a long, angry speech of criticism or accusation
suffered or done by one person as a substitute for another; experienced at secondhand