5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a A ruler or person who has complete power and uses it in cruel or unjust ways.
- b courage and fortitude
- c the sill of a doorway; a house's or building's entrance; any point of beginning or entering
- d (n.) the strength needed to keep going or overcome physical or mental strain; staying power
- e v. To make into law, as by legislative act.
5 Multiple choice questions
- (n.) someone or something that is abandoned or neglected; (adj.) left abandoned; neglectful of duty
- having a gaunt, wasted, or exhausted appearance, as from prolonged suffering, exertion, or anxiety; worn
- to fight or quarrel over something silly
- (adj.) peaceable, friendly
- (v.) to quarrel or argue in a noisy, angry way; to obtain by argument; to herd; (n.) a noisy quarrel
5 True/False questions
peaked → the pointed top of something; mountain top
shirk → (v.) To look down on with scorn; to mock or insult by words or manner. (n.) A scornful look; a mocking or insulting remark.
disposition → your usual mood
rigorous → refuse to accept
lax → v. To make into law, as by legislative act.