5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a A ruler or person who has complete power and uses it in cruel or unjust ways.
- b (adj.) not strict, careless; lacking discipline; not tense, relaxed
- c (adj.) earthly, worldly, relating to practical and material affairs; concerned with what is ordinary
- d (v.) To look down on with scorn; to mock or insult by words or manner. (n.) A scornful look; a mocking or insulting remark.
- e to laugh in a half-suppressed way, a disrespectful laugh, laugh quietly
5 Multiple choice questions
- (v.) to avoid or get out of doing work, neglect a duty; to sneak, slink
- institute, enact, or establish
- N: imperfect, incomplete, slight, superficial; SYN: scrappy, shallow, skimpy; ANT; perfected with no mistakes; SEN: McDonalds' meals are always so gross and _____!
- having a gaunt, wasted, or exhausted appearance, as from prolonged suffering, exertion, or anxiety; worn
- v. To make into law, as by legislative act.
5 True/False questions
evade → avoid or try to avoid fulfilling, answering, or performing (duties, questions, or issues)
etiquette → the customary code of polite behavior in society or among members of a particular profession or group
refuse → refuse to accept
rigorous → Characterized by strictness, severity, or harshness, as in dealing with people, rules, or discipline; severely exact or accurate; precise
disposition → v. to rule over arbitrarily or tyrannically