Photoshop CC 2015 Test 1 Training
Terms in this set (40)
Print the image and ensure that the color handling option is set to photoshop manages colors
1) Click the File menu and select print
2) In the photoshop print settings, change the color handling to photoshop
3) Click Print
Which three of the following are valid uses of the lasso tool?
To remove a selected area from an image, to make a selection and use content- aware fill, and to make a non geometric selection are all valid uses of the lasso tool
Use the Crop tool to straighten the image using the roof top of the house as a guide
1) Select the crop tool from the tool box on the left.
2) In the control bar along the top, click the little icon next to the word straighten
3) Click and drag a line across the image using the rooftop as a guide
Skew the image by giving it a horizontal skew of 2 and a vertical skew of 10
1) Click the edit menu and hover over transform then select skew
2) in the control bar along the top, change the horizontal to 2 and the vertical to 10
3) Press enter
Apply a non-destructive curves adjustment to the image using the color negative (RGB) preset
1) In the adjustments panel on the right, create a new curves adjustment layer by clicking the curves icon
2) Click the drop down next to present and change it to color negative (RGB)
Use the lasso tool and content aware fill command to remove the woman from the beach
1) Select the lasso tool from the tool box on the left and use it to draw around the woman on the beach
2) Click the edit menu and select fill
3) Under contents make sure it says use: content-aware, then click ok.
Which of the following is not a phase involved in a project plan?
Use styles presets to change the Blue Rectangle to use the Puzzle (image) style
1) Select the layer with the blue rectangle
2)Open the styles panel
3)Select the puzzle (image) style
Load the selection called Apple to create a layer mask that reveals the apple selection so the white background shows through.
1) Click the select menu and choose load selection
2) In the load selection dialog box click the drop-down next to channel and select apple
3) In the layer menu, hover over layer mask and click reveal selection
Update the linked smart object so that it reflects the changes made in the ellipse 1.psb master file
1) In the layers panel, select the layer named Ellipse 1
2) In the layer menu hover over smart object and select relink to file
3) In the replace object dialog box select Ellipse 1.psb and click place
Change the font of the word photograph to be Arial with a size of 18 pt.
1) Select the text layer with your cursor
2) Open the character panel by clicking on it
3) Change the font to arial and change the font size to be 18 pt
View the guides and lock them so they cant be moved
1) In the view menu, hover over Show and select guides
2) In the view menu, click lock guides
Create a new document made for HDV?HDTV 720p video. Name the document Movie. Accept all other default settings.
1) In the file menu, select New
2) For the name, type movie
3) Click the drop-down next to preset and select film and video
4) For size, choose HDV/HDTV 720p
5) Leave all other defaults
6) Click ok
Change the opacity of the sign on layer 1 to 90% and change the blending mode to be Hard Light.
1) Select the layer named Layer 1
2) At the top of the Layers panel, change the Opacity to 90%
3) Click the layer blending mode drop-down and select Hard Light
From the following choices, select the best definition for typography.
Typography is the art and design of arranging type when choosing a font, font style and color.
Which of the following are best practices that should be done in photoshop before placing the images InDesign? (Choose two)
- make initial edits in RGB mode, then convert your image to CMYK mode and make any additional color and tonal adjustments.
- You should also use the proof colors command to view a soft proof to see a more accurate preview of the final printed version
From the following options which two are a benefits of using a Linked Smart Object in Photoshop?
- automatically updated if the source file is changed
- enable the ability to perform nondestructive transforms without losing original image quality
Which of the following options is an added benefit of using a Linked Smart over just using a Smart object in Photoshop?
Smart Objects are automatically updated if the source file is changed
Display the rulers and set the units of measure to pixels
1) Click view > Ruler
2) Right click on a ruler and choose pixels.
Create a new brush based on a 19 Hard brush to work with a drawing tablet , adjusting the Size Jitter to 25% and Angle Jitter to 30% in the Shape Dynamics, Naming it TabletBrush
1) Click the brush tool
2) Select the 19 Hard Brush from the Brush preset picker by clicking on the arrow to the right if the brush type already selected
3) Open the brush panel and click on shape dynamics change size jitter to 25%, Angle jitter to 30%
4) Click on the create a new brush icon
5) Type TabletBrush in the name box and click ok
Create a new group titled Niagara Falls and place the three layers in the group
1) Click on the Create a new group...icon at the bottom of the layers panel
2)Rename the Group 1 folder Niagara Falls
3) Drag each layer into the group until all layers inside group.
Add the text "Buffalo, New York" to the top center of the image, using the font Cooper Black, Dark Blue (#0b3074), and 36 pt., apply an Arc Lower warp with the default settings.
1) Select the Type tool
2) Point and click about 500 pixels in the sky area
3) Type "Buffalo, New York"
4) On the options panel change font to Cooper Black, size to 36 pt. and color to Dark Blue.
5) On the options panel click the Crate Warped Text Icon
6) Select Arc Lower from the Style menu
7) Click OK
8) Press the Commit Button on the Options bar
In the beginning of the visual design process, its important to work closely with your client. Which of the following methods is a good way to quickly explore creative option and ensure you are creating something the client is happy with?
Making rough sketches
Create a new library named Buttons. Add the Blue Button graphic to the new library
1) In the libraries panel click the drop-down that says My Library and select Create New Library
2) For the Library Name type Buttons and click Create
3) Select the rectangle layer then in the Libraries Panel click Add Graphic
Which of the following steps should you include in you action? (Choose two)
- Use RGB color mode
- Constrain image proportions when exporting for web
What feature of the History Panel allows you to quickly compare and revert to an earlier image state?
Which path would you follow to add new colors to an existing swatch library?
Window > Swatches
Which of the following features would be the most effective to move the tree to the right side of the image?
What type of editing would you use if you wanted to preserve the original image data?
Match the appropriate editing method to the scenarios below
- Masking Using Adjustment layers
- Transforming Smart Objects
- Making adjustments using the image > Adjustments menu
- Using the Clone Stamp tool
Create a new image size preset that has a width of 1094 px and a height of 672 px and name it Pamphlet. Accept all other default settings
1) Under the file menu, select new
2) In the New Document dialog box, for Width type 1094 px and for Height type 672 px
3) Click Save preset
4) In the new document preset dialog box, type Pamphlet for the name and click OK
When applying a filter to a text layer, how can you ensure that the type's editability is not lost?
Convert the type layer into a smart object
Create a Medium quality JPEG of the image for web. Give it a width of 480 and height of 320.
1) Click the File menu and under the Export selection select Save for Web
2) Change the drop down below preset to JPEG and change the drop down below that to medium
3) Change the width to 480 and the height to 320
4) Click Save...then Save again
It is important to consider copyright any time you work on a project. Which of the following correctly describes a Copyright?
The exclusive right to copy, distribute, and profit from a work
Which option is NOT a factor when determining which kind of images to include in your project for a target audience?
Your own stylistic preference
The client is not too happy with the Character tracking for the font you are using. Which of the following correctly describes Character Tracking?
Change the spacing between all characters in a block of text.
To increase the readability of the brochure, change the tracking on the word Brochure to 75
1) Select the text layer
2) Open the Character Panel
3) Select the drop-down next to Tracking and select 75
Export the layer with the Mountain image to be used as a background for the website. Export it as a JPG file and name it Mountain. Accept all other default settings
1) Click the Layer menu and select Export As
2) In the Export As window, Change the file type to be JPG and click Export
3) In the Export window, type Mountain for the file name and click save
To make a button for the webpage, use one shape to cut away part of the other. Create a 300 pixel by 300 pixel square shape that cuts away the green circle shape to reveal the background.
1) In the Tool bar select the Rectangle Tool
2) In the option bar along the top UI, select the path operations drop-down and choose subtract front shape
3) Click your cursor on the green circle shape
4) In the Create Rectangle dialog box, type 300 px for the hight and 300 px for the width
5) Click OK
Which of the following would be deliverables you will need to provide as you work through the project?
- Project Specifications
- Design comps
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE...
adobe photoshop tools
Test 1 2015 Ms. Xiques
Photoshop Certification Questions
study for photoshop test
OTHER SETS BY THIS CREATOR
Biology Chapter 1
Drawing EOC Study Guide
THIS SET IS OFTEN IN FOLDERS WITH...
Adobe Photoshop: Practice Test 1 (2015)
Gmetrix Photoshop CC (2015): Test 1 Terms Only
Photoshop CC 2015 Test 3
STUFF YOU NEED TO KNOW TO PASS THE AP TEST HOMES