5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a verb: To grow together or cause to unite as one; to conjoin.
- b adjective: Of the same origin; related by blood.
- c adjective: Relating to motion; characterized by movement.
- d noun: Help; relief; aid; assistance.
- e adjective: Secretive; kept or done in secret; surreptitious. (furtive)
5 Multiple choice questions
- verb: To place side-by-side, especially for comparison or contrast.
- noun: A restless, disordered, or tumultuous state of affairs; turmoil.
- noun: A particular period of history, especially one considered remarkable or noteworthy.
- adjective: Impossible to penetrate; incapable of being influence, persuaded, or affected. (impermeable, impregnable, immutable)
- adjective: Creating disunity or conflict; creating dissension or discord.
5 True/False questions
Imperious → adjective: Arrogantly self-assured; domineering; authoritative (autocratic)
Egocentric → adjective: Having or regarding the self or the individual as the center of all things. (narcissistic)
Lachrymose → noun: Generosity of spirit or attitude; giving or kind in nature or character; liberality in bestowing gifts.
Circumlocution → noun: The use of unnecessarily wordy and indirect language; a roundabout expression. (discursive)
Loquacious → adjective: Very talkative. (garrulous, voluble)