5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a noun: Generosity of spirit or attitude; giving or kind in nature or character; liberality in bestowing gifts.
- b adjective: Thick-skinned; insensitive; emotionally hardened.
- c noun: False rumor, damaging report, slander. (calumny)
- d noun: The entire vocabulary encompassing a nation, a person, a group, a subject, or a language.
- e noun: Departure from the standard or norm; an exception (anomaly, aberration)
5 Multiple choice questions
- verb: To grow together or cause to unite as one; to conjoin.
- adjective: Worn out by over-use; trite; commonplace (banal)
- noun: Concluding section of a literary work often dealing with the future of its characters.
- adjective: Impossible to penetrate; incapable of being influence, persuaded, or affected. (impermeable, impregnable, immutable)
- adjective: The name of a person for whom something is supposedly named in their honor.
5 True/False questions
Succor → noun: Fame, glory, honor (encomium, homage)
Maelstrom → verb: To catch sight of; to detect or perceive.
Vernacular → verb: To produce; to cause or create; to bring about.
Lachrymose → adjective: Tearful; mournful; inclined to weep. (maudlin)
Pantheism → noun: Extreme and aggressive nationalism characterized especially by a belligerent foreign policy. (bellicosity)