5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a noun: Act of plotting or scheming. (Chicanery, guile)
- b noun: The use of unnecessarily wordy and indirect language; a roundabout expression. (discursive)
- c adjective: Fearless; incapable of being overcome, subdued, or vanquished; invincible.
- d noun: The doctrine that God is the transcended reality of which the material universe and human beings are only manifestations.
- e noun: A restless, disordered, or tumultuous state of affairs; turmoil.
5 Multiple choice questions
- verb: To catch sight of; to detect or perceive.
- verb: To produce; to cause or create; to bring about.
- adjective: Imperfectly formed or formulated; in an initial or early stage. (incipient, embryonic, nascent)
- verb: To place side-by-side, especially for comparison or contrast.
- adjective: Relating to motion; characterized by movement.
5 True/False questions
Callous → adjective: Thick-skinned; insensitive; emotionally hardened.
Lexicon → noun: The entire vocabulary encompassing a nation, a person, a group, a subject, or a language.
Hackneyed → adjective: Worn out by over-use; trite; commonplace (banal)
Imperious → adjective: Arrogantly self-assured; domineering; authoritative (autocratic)
Largess → adjective: Thick-skinned; insensitive; emotionally hardened.