5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a adjective: Impossible to penetrate; incapable of being influence, persuaded, or affected. (impermeable, impregnable, immutable)
- b noun: Help; relief; aid; assistance.
- c adjective: Being or characteristic of or appropriate to everyday language.
- d adjective: Very talkative. (garrulous, voluble)
- e adjective: Having or regarding the self or the individual as the center of all things. (narcissistic)
5 Multiple choice questions
- adjective: Quick to act without thinking; impulsive; characterized by sudden or forceful energy or emotion.(extemporaneous)
- adjective: Thick-skinned; insensitive; emotionally hardened.
- adjective: Tearful; mournful; inclined to weep. (maudlin)
- adjective: The name of a person for whom something is supposedly named in their honor.
- adjective: Imperfectly formed or formulated; in an initial or early stage. (incipient, embryonic, nascent)
5 True/False questions
Descry → verb: To catch sight of; to detect or perceive.
Jingoism → noun: Extreme and aggressive nationalism characterized especially by a belligerent foreign policy. (bellicosity)
Lexicon → noun: The entire vocabulary encompassing a nation, a person, a group, a subject, or a language.
Hackneyed → adjective: Using few words. (taciturn)
Circumlocution → noun: Act of plotting or scheming. (Chicanery, guile)