5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a noun: The doctrine that God is the transcended reality of which the material universe and human beings are only manifestations.
- b adjective: Arrogantly self-assured; domineering; authoritative (autocratic)
- c verb: To grow together or cause to unite as one; to conjoin.
- d noun: False rumor, damaging report, slander. (calumny)
- e adjective: Tearful; mournful; inclined to weep. (maudlin)
5 Multiple choice questions
- noun: A restless, disordered, or tumultuous state of affairs; turmoil.
- noun: Generosity of spirit or attitude; giving or kind in nature or character; liberality in bestowing gifts.
- adjective: Being or characteristic of or appropriate to everyday language.
- noun: Concluding section of a literary work often dealing with the future of its characters.
- adjective: Creating disunity or conflict; creating dissension or discord.
5 True/False questions
Hackneyed → adjective: Using few words. (taciturn)
Impervious → adjective: Impossible to penetrate; incapable of being influence, persuaded, or affected. (impermeable, impregnable, immutable)
Succor → noun: Fame, glory, honor (encomium, homage)
Consanguineous → adjective: Of the same origin; related by blood.
Laconic → adjective: Using few words. (taciturn)