5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a adjective: Being or seeming to be everywhere at the same time. (omnipresent).
- b verb: To praise highly. (exalt, glorify)
- c verb: To confuse; obscure; to be difficult to perceive or understand.
- d noun: One who hates or mistrusts or is cynical of humankind.
- e adjective: Insulting and arrogant. (imperious, impertinent, impudent)
5 Multiple choice questions
- adjective: Overly sentimental; too much sentiment for effect.
- verb: To explore, often with the goal of finding something or somebody; surveillance; to survey.
- adjective: Unfeeling; without sensation. (callous)
- noun: Elaborate praises or laudation. (encomium, homage, kudos)
- noun: A model or pattern of excellence or perfection; an archetype.
5 True/False questions
Quixotic → adjective: Belonging to a particular area.
Coercion → noun: Force or the power to use force in gaining compliance.
Capitulate → verb: To submit utterly and completely. (acquiesce).
Sycophant → adjective: Insulting and arrogant. (imperious, impertinent, impudent)
Pathos → noun: A quality that arouses pity, sympathy, tenderness, or sorrow.