5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a adjective: Characterized by or indulging vular, lewd humor.
- b verb: To soften, make milder; to moderate. (assuage, allay, extenuate, palliate)
- c noun: A person who tries to please someone in order to gain a personal advantage.
- d adjective: Occurring daily; commonplace. (banal, diurnal)
- e adjective: Hostile; unfriendly.
5 Multiple choice questions
- verb: To enroll or register in a college or university as a candidate for a degree.
- adjective: Neither genuine, authentic, nor true;
- adjective: Marked by a disposition to find and point out trivial faults.
- adjective: Insulting and arrogant. (imperious, impertinent, impudent)
- adjective: Guilty; responsible for wrongdoing.
5 True/False questions
Extol → verb: To praise highly. (exalt, glorify)
Capitulate → verb: To enroll or register in a college or university as a candidate for a degree.
Insentient → adjective: Unfeeling; without sensation. (callous)
Maudlin → noun: Honesty or expression.
Nihilism → adjective: Characterized by or indulging vular, lewd humor.