5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a verb: To praise highly. (exalt, glorify)
- b verb: To enroll or register in a college or university as a candidate for a degree.
- c noun: Elaborate praises or laudation. (encomium, homage, kudos)
- d adjective: Fearlessly daring; invulnerable to fear or intimidation. (inexorable)
- e adjective: Hostile; unfriendly.
5 Multiple choice questions
- noun: A remedy for all diseases.
- noun: A model or pattern of excellence or perfection; an archetype.
- adjective: Unfeeling; without sensation. (callous)
- verb: To submit utterly and completely. (acquiesce).
- adjective: Marked by a disposition to find and point out trivial faults.
5 True/False questions
Misanthrope → verb: To soften, make milder; to moderate. (assuage, allay, extenuate, palliate)
Ribald → verb: To praise highly. (exalt, glorify)
Ubiquitous → adjective: Being or seeming to be everywhere at the same time. (omnipresent).
Omnipotent → adjective: Having unlimited or universal power, authority, or force; all-powerful; supreme.
Quixotic → adjective: Caught up in the romance of noble deeds and the pursuits of unreachable goals.