5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a adjective: Hostile; unfriendly.
- b adjective: Marked by a disposition to find and point out trivial faults.
- c verb: To confuse; obscure; to be difficult to perceive or understand.
- d verb: to pay off or liquidate.
- e adjective: Having unlimited or universal power, authority, or force; all-powerful; supreme.
5 Multiple choice questions
- noun: A person who tries to please someone in order to gain a personal advantage.
- noun: Elaborate praises or laudation. (encomium, homage, kudos)
- noun: Trickery; sleight of hand. (chicanery, guile)
- adjective: Occurring daily; commonplace. (banal, diurnal)
- noun: A model or pattern of excellence or perfection; an archetype.
5 True/False questions
Endemic → adjective: Belonging to a particular area.
Misanthrope → noun: One who hates or mistrusts or is cynical of humankind.
Audacious → adjective: Marked by a disposition to find and point out trivial faults.
Raconteur → noun: One who tells stories and anecdotes with skill and wit.
Mitigate → noun: A part, portion, or share.