Upgrade to remove ads
World war 2 kahoot
Terms in this set (50)
1. The Axis Powers of WW2 included:
Germany, Italy and Japan
2. The Allied Powers included:
Great Britain, Soviet Union, United States
3. The leader of Great Britain during WW2
4. The leader of the US for most of WW2:
5. The leader of Russia during WW2:
6. The leader of Italy during WW2:
7. The prime minister of Japan for most of WW2:
8. World War 2 began in Europe when Germany invaded what country?
9. Germany planned to invade Great Britain after doing what?
Prolonged Aerial Bombings
10. Allied invasion of Normandy, France:
11. Major battle in Soviet Union in which Soviet troops defeated Germany; and turning point.
Battle of Stalingrad
12. What country used Kamikaze ("divine wind") attacks?
13. Great Britain and the US signed what agreement for supplies?
14. What did the US do to Japanese-Americans after Pearl Harbor?
Sent them to Internment Camps
15. What was the Holocaust?
1.Final solution to germanys problems
3.The attempted extermination of the Jews by Germany
16. What joined Germany and Italy with Japan?
17. Who was the Allied commander of Europe?
18. What battle was the turning point of the war in the Pacific?
Battle of Midway
19. What US leader made the decision to use atomic bombs against Japan?
20. On August 6, 1945, the US first dropped an atomic bomb on which Japanese city?
21. What was Germany's last offensive against the Allied powers?
Battle of the Bulge
22. Germany killed approximately how many Jews during the Holocaust?
23. US strategy in the Pacific: bypass strongly held islands and attack weaker ones to gain bases.
24. Which nation lost at least 20 million people during WW2?
25. Besides the blast and heat, what killed people after the atomic bombs were dropped?
26. After which battle was the following photo taken?
27. What event caused the US to declare war and begin fighting in WW2?
Bombing of Pearl Harbor
28. Walled-off areas of cities into which Jews were forced to move:
29. What was the "final solution" to the Germans' Jewish "problem"?
30. The Cold War, clash between capitalism and communism, was between which two superpowers?
USS and USSR
31. This was the economic equivalent of declaring war on the Axis Powers by the U.S.
32. The Office of War Mobilization played what role during the war?
Supervised use of Industry resources
33. FDR's "Four Freedoms" speech was given to
Increase economic support for England
34. The Japanese attacked Pearl Harbor because
They needed to destroy the US navy
35. What group were considered superior by the Nazi's
36. The top secret program to build an atomic bomb was called the
37. Who led German forces in North Africa?
38. the civil war in ____ was a dress rehearsal for Germany and Italy in World War
39. What government preceded Germany's Third Reich?
40. which of the following was in charge of U.S. propaganda during the War?
41. Which of the following was the NAZI code name for the invasion of England?
Operation Sea Lion
42. Which of the following was the code name for the NAZI invasion of the Soviet Union?
43. Which of the following was the code name for the Allies invasion of North Africa?
44. The first defeat of the NAZI's ever
Battle of El Alamein
45. The Battle where kamikaze's were introduced
Battle of Leyte Gulf
46. This battle marked the beginning of the American ground offensive in the Pacific
Battle of Guadalcanal
47. These were originally designed to "re-educate Germans back into NAZI society
48. He will be the longest ruling Fascist leader, all the way to 1974
Franco of Spain
49. Actually the invasion of this country by Japan starts World War 2
50. What city was the first ever to have this done to it? (atomic bomb)
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE...
World History-Chapter 17 Test notes
World war 2
US History CSA #3
US History - Unit 5 Study Guide
OTHER SETS BY THIS CREATOR
Column 5 periodic table
Biology 13-2 and 13-3
OTHER QUIZLET SETS
3.1.3 Medical intervention
EXAM 2 NOTES
2.8 (Part 2) The market mechanism, market failure…