5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Margaret Corbin
- Battle of Long Island
- martha washington
- James Armistead
- a George Washington's wife
- b colonists who wanted to stay with Britian and not declare independence
- c a slave from Virginia who was a spy for General Washington
- d took her husband's place in battle when he was wounded. she was also wounded in the battle, was the first woman veteran recognized by congress
- e an attack by british troops that caused great losses for the Americans
5 Multiple choice questions
- This document was adopted by the Second Continental Congress on July 4, 1776. It established the 13 colonies as independent states, free from rule by Great Britain. Thomas Jefferson wrote the majority of this document.
- the first plan of government for the United States. It created a very weak national government. The states had all the power. Each state had only 1 vote. 9/13 had to pass any law, congress could not control trade, make taxes, or have an army
- Virginian, patriot, general, and president. Lived at Mount Vernon. Led the Revolutionary Army in the fight for independence. First President of the United States.
- mercenaries(hired soldiers) from Germany who fought for the British during the American Revolution
- pretended to be a man and dressed in men's clothes so that she could fight in the American Revolition
5 True/False questions
crossing the delaware river → a french man came to Valley Forge to help the Americans, he spent his own money to buy supplies for the American troops at valley forge the french agreed to help the colonists officially after the battle of saratoga.
King George III → king of england at the time of the American Revolution
the olive branch petition → Virginian, patriot, general, and president. Lived at Mount Vernon. Led the Revolutionary Army in the fight for independence. First President of the United States.
Thomas Jefferson → He was a delegate from Virginia at the Second Continental Congress and wrote the Declaration of Independence. He later served as the third President of the United States.
the battle of saratoga → Savannah was Britian's first target in the south. The British won the battle