5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- crossing the delaware river
- Marquis de Lafayette
- Nathan Hale
- Sybil Ludington
- Articles of confederation
- a in the middle of winter when most soldiers were freezing and many had abandoned the american army and gone home, Washington planned a surprise attack on the Hessians in Trenton, New Jersey. On Christmas night patriot soldiers left their camp and attacked the Hessians, after only an hour the Hessians surrendered. This kept more soldiers from abandoning the Army and gave them hope the war could be won
- b a french man came to Valley Forge to help the Americans, he spent his own money to buy supplies for the American troops at valley forge the french agreed to help the colonists officially after the battle of saratoga.
- c the first plan of government for the United States. It created a very weak national government. The states had all the power. Each state had only 1 vote. 9/13 had to pass any law, congress could not control trade, make taxes, or have an army
- d rode more than 40 miles to warn Americans of a British Attack
- e a teacher who was an American spy during the revolution, was captured and hanged by the British, said "I regret that I have but 1 life to lose for my country."
5 Multiple choice questions
- american woman who wrote poems and stories supporting the cause of independence. she later wrote the first history of the American REvolution written by a woman.
- This document was adopted by the Second Continental Congress on July 4, 1776. It established the 13 colonies as independent states, free from rule by Great Britain. Thomas Jefferson wrote the majority of this document.
- a slave from Virginia who was a spy for General Washington
- colonists who supported the cause of independence
- german soldier who came to Valley Forge, he was a well trained soldier and helped better train the Americans
5 True/False questions
Hessians → mercenaries(hired soldiers) from Germany who fought for the British during the American Revolution
The Battle for Savannah → Savannah was Britian's first target in the south. The British won the battle
Bernardo de Galvez → a teacher who was an American spy during the revolution, was captured and hanged by the British, said "I regret that I have but 1 life to lose for my country."
the battle of saratoga → really 2 battle that happened over 3 weeks, first major battle the British lost was a turning point in the war, because it finally looked like the Americans could win.
Mary Ludwig Hays McCauley → was called Molly Pitcher because she carried fresh water to the soldiers, when her husband was injured she took his place loading the cannons