5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- common sense
- Abigail Adams
- Bernardo de Galvez
- the battle of saratoga
- Nathan Hale
- a governor of spanish louisiana, helped the Americans during the revolution by protecting New Orleans from the British and allowed the Americans to use the Mississippi river to ship supplies, once spain declared war on Britian, he helped capture a number of british towns
- b A pamphlet written by Thomas Paine in 1776 to convince the colonists that it was time to become independent.
- c really 2 battle that happened over 3 weeks, first major battle the British lost was a turning point in the war, because it finally looked like the Americans could win.
- d a teacher who was an American spy during the revolution, was captured and hanged by the British, said "I regret that I have but 1 life to lose for my country."
- e John Adam's wife, she appealed to her husband to protect the rights of women. a member of the Daughters of Liberty
5 Multiple choice questions
- The first major battle of the American Revolution took place in 1775.The British eventually won beacause the colonist ran out of bullets. Really occured at Breed's Hill, showed the Americans were determined and would not be easily defeated
- was called Molly Pitcher because she carried fresh water to the soldiers, when her husband was injured she took his place loading the cannons
- continental army officer who later became a traitor and worked for the British during the Revolutionary War
- colonists who wanted to stay with Britian and not declare independence
- Savannah was Britian's first target in the south. The British won the battle
5 True/False questions
Margaret Corbin → took her husband's place in battle when he was wounded. she was also wounded in the battle, was the first woman veteran recognized by congress
the olive branch petition → Virginian, patriot, general, and president. Lived at Mount Vernon. Led the Revolutionary Army in the fight for independence. First President of the United States.
Cowpens → in south carolina, proved the Americans could defeat the British in the South
Marquis de Lafayette → a french man came to Valley Forge to help the Americans, he spent his own money to buy supplies for the American troops at valley forge the french agreed to help the colonists officially after the battle of saratoga.
Phillis Wheatley → A former slave who wrote poems and plays supporting American independence was the first African American in the colonies to be a published writer