5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Marquis de Lafayette
- common sense
- Friedrich Wilhelm von Steuben
- Nathanael Greene
- a A pamphlet written by Thomas Paine in 1776 to convince the colonists that it was time to become independent.
- b led the continental army in the south
- c British soldiers who fought against the colonists in the American Revolution; so called because of their bright red uniforms.
- d a french man came to Valley Forge to help the Americans, he spent his own money to buy supplies for the American troops at valley forge the french agreed to help the colonists officially after the battle of saratoga.
- e german soldier who came to Valley Forge, he was a well trained soldier and helped better train the Americans
5 Multiple choice questions
- in the middle of winter when most soldiers were freezing and many had abandoned the american army and gone home, Washington planned a surprise attack on the Hessians in Trenton, New Jersey. On Christmas night patriot soldiers left their camp and attacked the Hessians, after only an hour the Hessians surrendered. This kept more soldiers from abandoning the Army and gave them hope the war could be won
- the British won but were severely weakened, showed the british could not win the war because no one city or town was the heart of America
- took her husband's place in battle when he was wounded. she was also wounded in the battle, was the first woman veteran recognized by congress
- a slave from Virginia who was a spy for General Washington
- The first major battle of the American Revolution took place in 1775.The British eventually won beacause the colonist ran out of bullets. Really occured at Breed's Hill, showed the Americans were determined and would not be easily defeated
5 True/False questions
Peter Salem → a teacher who was an American spy during the revolution, was captured and hanged by the British, said "I regret that I have but 1 life to lose for my country."
Abigail Adams → John Adam's wife, she appealed to her husband to protect the rights of women. a member of the Daughters of Liberty
Phillis Wheatley → one of 5 African-Americans who fought at the battle of Concord, also fought at Bunker Hill
Hessians → British soldiers who fought against the colonists in the American Revolution; so called because of their bright red uniforms.
King George III → took her husband's place in battle when he was wounded. she was also wounded in the battle, was the first woman veteran recognized by congress