5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- the olive branch petition
- Thomas Gage
- continental army
- Valley Forge
- Thomas Paine
- a british general during the revolution
- b a winter camp used by the continental army during the winter of 1777, because of the Articles of Confederation congress did not have the money to send supplies for the army, conditions were very harsh, there was not enough food, clothing, and shoes
- c request sent to king george III to stop the fighting, the Americans hoped the British would see how determined the colonists were after Bunker Hill and would make peace with the colonists
- d wrote common sense
- e the American army during the American Revolution
5 Multiple choice questions
- led the continental army in the south
- colonists who supported the cause of independence
- a french man came to Valley Forge to help the Americans, he spent his own money to buy supplies for the American troops at valley forge the french agreed to help the colonists officially after the battle of saratoga.
- British soldiers who fought against the colonists in the American Revolution; so called because of their bright red uniforms.
- the first plan of government for the United States. It created a very weak national government. The states had all the power. Each state had only 1 vote. 9/13 had to pass any law, congress could not control trade, make taxes, or have an army
5 True/False questions
Guilford Courthouse → British soldiers who fought against the colonists in the American Revolution; so called because of their bright red uniforms.
Tadeusz Kosciuszko → traveled from the country of Poland to fight with the Americans during the revolution he designed the American Fort at West Point
James Armistead → colonists who supported the cause of independence
Cowpens → in south carolina, proved the Americans could defeat the British in the South
Abigail Adams → colonists who wanted to stay with Britian and not declare independence