5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Thomas Paine
- Thomas Gage
- Benedict Arnold
- deborah sampson
- a continental army officer who later became a traitor and worked for the British during the Revolutionary War
- b colonists who supported the cause of independence
- c british general during the revolution
- d wrote common sense
- e pretended to be a man and dressed in men's clothes so that she could fight in the American Revolition
5 Multiple choice questions
- an attack by british troops that caused great losses for the Americans
- after lexington and concord met in Philadelphia, formed an army, made George Washington commander in chief, created money called continentals, sent olive branch petition, declared independence,
- german soldier who came to Valley Forge, he was a well trained soldier and helped better train the Americans
- really 2 battle that happened over 3 weeks, first major battle the British lost was a turning point in the war, because it finally looked like the Americans could win.
- The first major battle of the American Revolution took place in 1775.The British eventually won beacause the colonist ran out of bullets. Really occured at Breed's Hill, showed the Americans were determined and would not be easily defeated
5 True/False questions
Valley Forge → a winter camp used by the continental army during the winter of 1777, because of the Articles of Confederation congress did not have the money to send supplies for the army, conditions were very harsh, there was not enough food, clothing, and shoes
crossing the delaware river → a french man came to Valley Forge to help the Americans, he spent his own money to buy supplies for the American troops at valley forge the french agreed to help the colonists officially after the battle of saratoga.
James Armistead → wrote common sense
george washington → Virginian, patriot, general, and president. Lived at Mount Vernon. Led the Revolutionary Army in the fight for independence. First President of the United States.
Articles of confederation → an attack by british troops that caused great losses for the Americans