5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Benedict Arnold
- Benjamin Franklin
- common sense
- the second continental congress
- the battle of saratoga
- a American patriot, writer, printer, and inventor. During the Revolutionary War he persuaded the French to help the colonists.
- b really 2 battle that happened over 3 weeks, first major battle the British lost was a turning point in the war, because it finally looked like the Americans could win.
- c continental army officer who later became a traitor and worked for the British during the Revolutionary War
- d after lexington and concord met in Philadelphia, formed an army, made George Washington commander in chief, created money called continentals, sent olive branch petition, declared independence,
- e A pamphlet written by Thomas Paine in 1776 to convince the colonists that it was time to become independent.
5 Multiple choice questions
- John Adam's wife, she appealed to her husband to protect the rights of women. a member of the Daughters of Liberty
- Savannah was Britian's first target in the south. The British won the battle
- a french man came to Valley Forge to help the Americans, he spent his own money to buy supplies for the American troops at valley forge the french agreed to help the colonists officially after the battle of saratoga.
- in the middle of winter when most soldiers were freezing and many had abandoned the american army and gone home, Washington planned a surprise attack on the Hessians in Trenton, New Jersey. On Christmas night patriot soldiers left their camp and attacked the Hessians, after only an hour the Hessians surrendered. This kept more soldiers from abandoning the Army and gave them hope the war could be won
- a winter camp used by the continental army during the winter of 1777, because of the Articles of Confederation congress did not have the money to send supplies for the army, conditions were very harsh, there was not enough food, clothing, and shoes
5 True/False questions
Nathanael Greene → a teacher who was an American spy during the revolution, was captured and hanged by the British, said "I regret that I have but 1 life to lose for my country."
Peter Salem → one of 5 African-Americans who fought at the battle of Concord, also fought at Bunker Hill
Margaret Corbin → took her husband's place in battle when he was wounded. she was also wounded in the battle, was the first woman veteran recognized by congress
continental army → the American army during the American Revolution
Phillis Wheatley → wrote common sense