5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a noun: A person or thing that assumes the leadership or forefront, as of a profession or industry.
- b adjective: Located beneath or below; lower or under.
- c adjective: Secluded and contemplative; strictly disciplined or regimented. (self-abnegating, ascetic, austere, insular).
- d adjective: Of or relating to struggle within a nation, an organization, or a group.
- e verb: To remain devoted to or be in support of something.
5 Multiple choice questions
- adjective: Clearly apparent to the sight or understanding; obvious.
verb: To evidence; to prove; to show or demonstrate plainly; to reveal.
- adjective: Extremely angry; furious.
- noun: A person with refined taste, especially in food and wine.
- verb: To explain in detail; to examine; to clarify. (amplify, elucidate, expatiate).
- noun: A peculiarity of behavior, mode of dress, or pronunciation that distinguishes a particular class or set of persons.
5 True/False questions
Obdurate → adjective: Hardened against feeling; stubbornly impenitent; not giving into persuasion. (callous, insensate, insentient, obstinate, pertinacious).
Gestation → noun: A string or chain of flowers, foliage, or ribbons, suspended in a curve between two points.
verb: To decorate or embellish with ornament.
Indemnity → noun: A contractual agreement made between different parties to compensate for any possible or anticipated damages or losses.
Demur → verb: To voice opposition; to object.
Buttress → verb: To bring up; to nurture; to promote growth and development.