5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Quid pro quo
- a noun: A contractual agreement made between different parties to compensate for any possible or anticipated damages or losses.
- b noun: Something that is given or taken in return for something else; a reciprocal exchange.
- c adjective: Capable of soothing or eliminating pain.
noun: A medicine, such as aspirin, that relieves pain.
- d verb: To hold back; to restrain; to prohibit.
- e adjective: Conspicuously bad, offensive, or reprehensible.
5 Multiple choice questions
- noun: The period of development in the uterus from conception until birth.
- noun: A minute amount; an iota or trace; virtually imperceptible.
- adjective: Being without exception or qualification. (definitive, unequivocal).
- adjective: Harmful to living things; injurious to physical or mental health. (pernicious).
- noun: A person with refined taste, especially in food and wine.
5 True/False questions
Internecine → noun: A contractual agreement made between different parties to compensate for any possible or anticipated damages or losses.
Insular → verb: To hold back; to restrain; to prohibit.
Shibboleth → noun: A peculiarity of behavior, mode of dress, or pronunciation that distinguishes a particular class or set of persons.
Manifest → adjective: Clearly apparent to the sight or understanding; obvious.
verb: To evidence; to prove; to show or demonstrate plainly; to reveal.
Festoon → verb: To bring up; to nurture; to promote growth and development.