5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a noun: A place where two things are joined. (confluence).
- b verb: To explain in detail; to examine; to clarify. (amplify, elucidate, expatiate).
- c adjective: Harmful to living things; injurious to physical or mental health. (pernicious).
- d adjective: Of or relating to struggle within a nation, an organization, or a group.
- e noun: Weakness characterized by a lack of vitality or energy; exhaustion resulting from lack of sustenance. (lassitude, lethargy, torpid).
5 Multiple choice questions
- noun: A contractual agreement made between different parties to compensate for any possible or anticipated damages or losses.
- noun: A minute amount; an iota or trace; virtually imperceptible.
- noun: A structure, usually brick or stone, built against a wall for support or reinforcement. (bulwark).
- adjective: Of, relating to, or constituting an island. (parochial).
- noun: Something out of its proper or chronological order, especially a person or practice that belongs to an earlier time.
5 True/False questions
Anodyne → adjective: Capable of soothing or eliminating pain.
noun: A medicine, such as aspirin, that relieves pain.
Bellwether → adjective: Located beneath or below; lower or under.
Flagrant → adjective: Conspicuously bad, offensive, or reprehensible.
Epicure → noun: A person with refined taste, especially in food and wine.
Lucid → adjective: Easily understood; clear and perceptible; intelligible.