5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a noun: A structure, usually brick or stone, built against a wall for support or reinforcement. (bulwark).
- b adjective: Of, relating to, or constituting an island. (parochial).
- c verb: To explain in detail; to examine; to clarify. (amplify, elucidate, expatiate).
- d noun: Something out of its proper or chronological order, especially a person or practice that belongs to an earlier time.
- e adjective: Extremely angry; furious.
5 Multiple choice questions
- verb: To remain devoted to or be in support of something.
- adjective: Secluded and contemplative; strictly disciplined or regimented. (self-abnegating, ascetic, austere, insular).
- noun: A person with refined taste, especially in food and wine.
- verb: To bring up; to nurture; to promote growth and development.
- adjective: Clearly apparent to the sight or understanding; obvious.
verb: To evidence; to prove; to show or demonstrate plainly; to reveal.
5 True/False questions
Categorical → adjective: Open to bribery; willing to be corrupted; capable of betraying honor, duty, or ethics for financial or material gain.
Concede → verb: To acknowledge, often reluctantly, as being true, just, or proper.
Anodyne → adjective: Capable of soothing or eliminating pain.
noun: A medicine, such as aspirin, that relieves pain.
Quid pro quo → adjective: Easily understood; clear and perceptible; intelligible.
Inanition → noun: Weakness characterized by a lack of vitality or energy; exhaustion resulting from lack of sustenance. (lassitude, lethargy, torpid).