5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Quid pro quo
- a noun: Something that is given or taken in return for something else; a reciprocal exchange.
- b noun: A peculiarity of behavior, mode of dress, or pronunciation that distinguishes a particular class or set of persons.
- c adjective: Indirect or evasive; devious, misleading, or dishonest. (prevaricating, equivocating).
- d adjective: Extremely angry; furious.
- e adjective: Hardened against feeling; stubbornly impenitent; not giving into persuasion. (callous, insensate, insentient, obstinate, pertinacious).
5 Multiple choice questions
- verb: To voice opposition; to object.
- adjective: Harmful to living things; injurious to physical or mental health. (pernicious).
- noun: Something out of its proper or chronological order, especially a person or practice that belongs to an earlier time.
- noun: A person or thing that assumes the leadership or forefront, as of a profession or industry.
- verb: To explain in detail; to examine; to clarify. (amplify, elucidate, expatiate).
5 True/False questions
Scintilla → adjective: Of, relating to, or constituting an island. (parochial).
Internecine → noun: A contractual agreement made between different parties to compensate for any possible or anticipated damages or losses.
Manifold → adjective: Many and varied; of many kinds; diverse. (heterogeneous).
Epicure → noun: A person with refined taste, especially in food and wine.
Nether → adjective: Located beneath or below; lower or under.