5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a adjective: Many and varied; of many kinds; diverse. (heterogeneous).
- b noun: A person or thing that assumes the leadership or forefront, as of a profession or industry.
- c noun: A contractual agreement made between different parties to compensate for any possible or anticipated damages or losses.
- d noun: The beginning of something, such as an undertaking; a commencement.
- e adjective: Indirect or evasive; devious, misleading, or dishonest. (prevaricating, equivocating).
5 Multiple choice questions
- adjective: Harmful to living things; injurious to physical or mental health. (pernicious).
- verb: To voice opposition; to object.
- verb: To acknowledge, often reluctantly, as being true, just, or proper.
- adjective: Secluded and contemplative; strictly disciplined or regimented. (self-abnegating, ascetic, austere, insular).
- adjective: Located beneath or below; lower or under.
5 True/False questions
Foster → adjective: Located beneath or below; lower or under.
Anodyne → verb: To remain devoted to or be in support of something.
Shibboleth → noun: A minute amount; an iota or trace; virtually imperceptible.
Manifest → adjective: Many and varied; of many kinds; diverse. (heterogeneous).
Epicure → noun: A person with refined taste, especially in food and wine.