5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a adjective: Indirect or evasive; devious, misleading, or dishonest. (prevaricating, equivocating).
- b adjective: Capable of soothing or eliminating pain.
noun: A medicine, such as aspirin, that relieves pain.
- c noun: A structure, usually brick or stone, built against a wall for support or reinforcement. (bulwark).
- d adjective: Harmful to living things; injurious to physical or mental health. (pernicious).
- e adjective: Of or relating to struggle within a nation, an organization, or a group.
5 Multiple choice questions
- adjective: Easily understood; clear and perceptible; intelligible.
- verb: To acknowledge, often reluctantly, as being true, just, or proper.
- noun: A minute amount; an iota or trace; virtually imperceptible.
- adjective: Hardened against feeling; stubbornly impenitent; not giving into persuasion. (callous, insensate, insentient, obstinate, pertinacious).
- adjective: Extremely angry; furious.
5 True/False questions
Gestation → noun: The period of development in the uterus from conception until birth.
Anachronism → noun: Something out of its proper or chronological order, especially a person or practice that belongs to an earlier time.
Juncture → noun: A place where two things are joined. (confluence).
Inanition → noun: The beginning of something, such as an undertaking; a commencement.
Flagrant → adjective: Hardened against feeling; stubbornly impenitent; not giving into persuasion. (callous, insensate, insentient, obstinate, pertinacious).