5 Written questions
4 Matching questions
- Temperate Forest
- Density Independent
- a Biome Plant/animal Life - Deciduous trees, some conifers, flowering shrubs, mosses and ferns/ Deer, bear, squirrels, raccoons, skunks, turkeys
- b Biome Plant/animal Life - Tall grasses, drought tolerant trees or shrubs/ lions, cheetahs, zebras, prairie dogs, buffalo, birds and insects
- c effects population regardless of size. Ex: natural diasters
- d one organism benefits while the other is unaffected. Ex- remora (gets food), shark (feeds normally)
5 Multiple choice questions
- Biome Main Characteristics - Annual precip. less than 25 cm; 1/5 of earth's surface
- Biome Plant/animal life - Cactus, short life cycle plants, Creosote bush/ Reptiles, Predators: foxes, bobcats; herbivores: deer, antelope, sheep; birds and insects
- geographic area w/ same climate and life
- non-living factors effecting an ecosystem Ex- amt. light, water, temp., % chemicals, wind, current, soil type, etc.
- resource that has a finite amount, Ex: food, water, space, predators, etc.
5 True/False questions
Biotic → non-living factors effecting an ecosystem Ex- amt. light, water, temp., % chemicals, wind, current, soil type, etc.
Density Dependent → effects population in different ways depending on size. Ex: predation, competition, migration, disease
Tundra → Biome Main Characteristics - Annual precip. less than 25 cm; 1/5 of earth's surface
Biotic potential → living interactions between organisms of an ecosystem Ex- competition, predation, symbiosis
Niche → geographic area w/ same climate and life