5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Cretans and Phoenicians
- Mediterranean traders
- a during the dark ages they wet on periodic raids. ships were so fast they could sail up rivers
- b First regular ocean traders
- c This Viking is thought to have been the first to land on North America.
- d First cartographers
- e Earth is about ___________ water.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Cold clouds of dust and gases within a galaxy is refered to as a ______________
- Father of physical oceanography
- Organized shipborne commerce on the Nile River!
- study how to build ocean going to vessels, harbors, oil platforms, etc.
- _____________ was the first to sail around the world.
5 True/False questions
Cook → a large, hot ball of gases, which is held together by gravity and gives off its own light
Galaxy → huge group of stars, dust, gas, and other celestial bodies bound together by gravitational force
Benjamin Franklin → The idea that the universe was created from a central point that started expanding is referred to as the _____________
Ptolemy → This person's estimate of the circumference of the earth was used by Christopher Columbus
Ocean → The vast body of saline water that occupies the depressions of the earth's surface is called the _______________