5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Marine Engineers
- a study how to build ocean going to vessels, harbors, oil platforms, etc.
- b Earth is about ___________ water.
- c The Milky Way is a specific ________________
- d This expedition started the science of oceanography
- e This was the name given by the Vikings to Newfoundland.
5 Multiple choice questions
- a large, hot ball of gases, which is held together by gravity and gives off its own light
- Technological advances in food storage and ship design in the 1900s made these expeditions possible.
- Earth was created ______________ billion years ago.
- huge group of stars, dust, gas, and other celestial bodies bound together by gravitational force
- This is used to map the deep ocean floor.
5 True/False questions
Magellan → The vast body of saline water that occupies the depressions of the earth's surface is called the _______________
Compass → The invention of the __________ and central rudder, and improvements in sail design were contributions made by the Chinese.
Prince Henry → Set up a centre for marine science and navigation
Ptolemy → First to orient charts by placing east on the right hand side and north at the top
Ptolemy → This person's estimate of the circumference of the earth was used by Christopher Columbus