5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Density Stratification
- Prince Henry
- a This Viking is thought to have been the first to land on North America.
- b Set up a centre for marine science and navigation
- c The Milky Way is a specific ________________
- d The process in which the earth develops different layers, due to the denser materials sinking to the centre and the lighter materials rising to the top is called ______________
- e explored the Mediterranean and Atlantic-noticed a current running in and out. named it "okeanos" ocean was derived from this.
5 Multiple choice questions
- John Harrison invented the ________________
- The early stage of a star is refered to as ______________
- Cold clouds of dust and gases within a galaxy is refered to as a ______________
- European who mapped the Great Barrier Reef
- This type of navigation relies on using the stars to determine ones relative position on earth
5 True/False questions
Benjamin Franklin → Published the first chart of any current
Vinland → This was the name given by the Vikings to Newfoundland.
Ocean → The vast body of saline water that occupies the depressions of the earth's surface is called the _______________
Stick Charts → a large, hot ball of gases, which is held together by gravity and gives off its own light
Polynesians → Among the first to use celestial navigation