5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Prince Henry
- Marine Engineers
- a This expedition in 1968 found evidence to support sea floor spreading and plate tectonics.
- b Set up a centre for marine science and navigation
- c study how to build ocean going to vessels, harbors, oil platforms, etc.
- d Cold clouds of dust and gases within a galaxy is refered to as a ______________
- e Earth is about ___________ water.
5 Multiple choice questions
- In early history, the people who voyaged in order to show off their dynasty and riches were the ______________
- The Milky Way is a specific ________________
- Published the first chart of any current
- studied ship's logs with wind and temp data. assembled it into wind and current charts & issued them to sailors for giving him their logs when they returned.
- Integrated science studying the sea that including biology, chemistry, physics, and geology
5 True/False questions
Protostar → The early stage of a star is refered to as ______________
Ptolemy → First to orient charts by placing east on the right hand side and north at the top
Echo Sounder → This is used to map the deep ocean floor.
Big Bang → The idea that the universe was created from a central point that started expanding is referred to as the _____________
Ptolemy → This person's estimate of the circumference of the earth was used by Christopher Columbus