5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Echo Sounder
- a This type of navigation relies on using the stars to determine ones relative position on earth
- b studied ship's logs with wind and temp data. assembled it into wind and current charts & issued them to sailors for giving him their logs when they returned.
- c Integrated science studying the sea that including biology, chemistry, physics, and geology
- d explored the Mediterranean and Atlantic-noticed a current running in and out. named it "okeanos" ocean was derived from this.
- e This is used to map the deep ocean floor.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The Milky Way is a specific ________________
- First to calculate the circumference of the Earth
- The process in which the earth develops different layers, due to the denser materials sinking to the centre and the lighter materials rising to the top is called ______________
- The Big Bang is proposed to have occured _________ billion years ago.
- Cold clouds of dust and gases within a galaxy is refered to as a ______________
5 True/False questions
Vinland → This was the name given by the Vikings to Newfoundland.
97% → Of the water found on earth, about _________ is found in oceans.
Compass → The invention of the __________ and central rudder, and improvements in sail design were contributions made by the Chinese.
Chemical Oceanographers → study chemical composition of the oceans and their relationships to geology and biology.
Ptolemy → This person's estimate of the circumference of the earth was used by Christopher Columbus