5 Written questions
4 Matching questions
- Solar System
- a European who New Zealand
- b The Big Bang is proposed to have occured _________ billion years ago.
- c Invented the chronometer
- d a group of planets that orbit around a fixed point of gravity EX. sun
5 Multiple choice questions
- Cold clouds of dust and gases within a galaxy is refered to as a ______________
- First regular ocean traders
- _____________ was the first to sail around the world.
- Charles Thomson and John Murray led first scientific oceanographic voyage. 4 yrs. thought they was no life below 1,800ft. able to sample down to 26,850ft. found 4,717 new species. took 15 yrs. to produce the "Challenger Report" 50 volume report.
- discovered the New world by accident. the native americans had lived there for at least 11,000 years.
5 True/False questions
Big Bang → The idea that the universe was created from a central point that started expanding is referred to as the _____________
Ptolemy → First to orient charts by placing east on the right hand side and north at the top
Galaxy → huge group of stars, dust, gas, and other celestial bodies bound together by gravitational force
Oceanography → The process (or result) of applying the scientific method to the ocean, its surroundings and the life within it is called _________________
Prince Henry → Set up a centre for marine science and navigation