5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Prince Henry
- Mediterranean traders
- a An educated guess made to explain a phenomenon is called a ________________
- b Set up a centre for marine science and navigation
- c explored the Mediterranean and Atlantic-noticed a current running in and out. named it "okeanos" ocean was derived from this.
- d Observations show that the universe is _____________
- e First cartographers
5 Multiple choice questions
- This type of navigation relies on using the stars to determine ones relative position on earth
- First to calculate the circumference of the Earth
- The idea that the universe was created from a central point that started expanding is referred to as the _____________
- First regular ocean traders
- study how to build ocean going to vessels, harbors, oil platforms, etc.
5 True/False questions
Egyptians → Organized shipborne commerce on the Nile River!
Sir James Ross → Took the earliest depth measurements
Ocean → The vast body of saline water that occupies the depressions of the earth's surface is called the _______________
71% → Earth is about ___________ water.
4.6 → Earth was created ______________ billion years ago.