5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Density Stratification
- Matthew Maury
- a Father of physical oceanography
- b Earth is about ___________ water.
- c This person's estimate of the circumference of the earth was used by Christopher Columbus
- d The process in which the earth develops different layers, due to the denser materials sinking to the centre and the lighter materials rising to the top is called ______________
- e This type of oceanographer studies teh aspects of the ocean such as tides, currents and ocean circulation
5 Multiple choice questions
- This type of navigation relies on using the stars to determine ones relative position on earth
- during the dark ages they wet on periodic raids. ships were so fast they could sail up rivers
- The early stage of a star is refered to as ______________
- Took the earliest depth measurements
- The process (or result) of applying the scientific method to the ocean, its surroundings and the life within it is called _________________
5 True/False questions
Star → European who mapped the Great Barrier Reef
Harrison → Massive spheres of gases giving off light by fusing hydrogen atoms into helium are known as _____________
15 → Earth is about ___________ water.
Sun → Massive spheres of gases giving off light by fusing hydrogen atoms into helium are known as _____________
Galaxy → studied ship's logs with wind and temp data. assembled it into wind and current charts & issued them to sailors for giving him their logs when they returned.