5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Sir James Ross
- Echo Sounder
- a during the dark ages they wet on periodic raids. ships were so fast they could sail up rivers
- b This is used to map the deep ocean floor.
- c This type of navigation relies on using the stars to determine ones relative position on earth
- d Took the earliest depth measurements
- e The vast body of saline water that occupies the depressions of the earth's surface is called the _______________
5 Multiple choice questions
- Integrated science studying the sea that including biology, chemistry, physics, and geology
- Technological advances in food storage and ship design in the 1900s made these expeditions possible.
- First to calculate the circumference of the Earth
- Make charts of the sea
- The early stage of a star is refered to as ______________
5 True/False questions
Matthew Maury → Set up a centre for marine science and navigation
Prince Henry → Set up a centre for marine science and navigation
Leif → This Viking is thought to have been the first to land on North America.
Glomar → a large, hot ball of gases, which is held together by gravity and gives off its own light
Antartica → a large, hot ball of gases, which is held together by gravity and gives off its own light