5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Solar System
- Marine Engineers
- a explored the Mediterranean and Atlantic-noticed a current running in and out. named it "okeanos" ocean was derived from this.
- b a group of planets that orbit around a fixed point of gravity EX. sun
- c discovered the New world by accident. the native americans had lived there for at least 11,000 years.
- d huge group of stars, dust, gas, and other celestial bodies bound together by gravitational force
- e study how to build ocean going to vessels, harbors, oil platforms, etc.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Invented the chronometer
- This expedition started the science of oceanography
- Observations show that the universe is _____________
- Set up a centre for marine science and navigation
- The idea that the universe was created from a central point that started expanding is referred to as the _____________
5 True/False questions
4.6 → The Big Bang is proposed to have occured _________ billion years ago.
Antartica → a large, hot ball of gases, which is held together by gravity and gives off its own light
polar → Technological advances in food storage and ship design in the 1900s made these expeditions possible.
Cretans and Phoenicians → First regular ocean traders
Celestial → Organized shipborne commerce on the Nile River!