5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Marine Engineers
- Solar System
- a Observations show that the universe is _____________
- b a group of planets that orbit around a fixed point of gravity EX. sun
- c John Harrison invented the ________________
- d study how to build ocean going to vessels, harbors, oil platforms, etc.
- e Make charts of the sea
5 Multiple choice questions
- The invention of the __________ and central rudder, and improvements in sail design were contributions made by the Chinese.
- This type of oceanographer studies teh aspects of the ocean such as tides, currents and ocean circulation
- This type of navigation relies on using the stars to determine ones relative position on earth
- Cold clouds of dust and gases within a galaxy is refered to as a ______________
- huge group of stars, dust, gas, and other celestial bodies bound together by gravitational force
5 True/False questions
Challenger → In early history, the people who voyaged in order to show off their dynasty and riches were the ______________
Chinese → In early history, the people who voyaged in order to show off their dynasty and riches were the ______________
Cook → Massive spheres of gases giving off light by fusing hydrogen atoms into helium are known as _____________
Eratosthenes → First to calculate the circumference of the Earth
15 → Earth is about ___________ water.