5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Unit of Life
- Cell Theory
- Extracellular Proteins (Proteomes)
- Independent Variable
- a 1. All living things are composed of one or more cell.
2. Cells are the units of life
3. New cells come only from preexisting cells by cell division
- b Science is the observation, identification, experimental investigation and theoretical explanation of natural phenomena.
- c the experimental factor that is manipulated; the variable whose effect is being studied
- d Cells are the units of life
- e Proteins hold cells together in tissues.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Proteins are involved in cell shape and movement
- in an experiment, the group that is exposed to the treatment, that is, to one version of the independent variable.
- 1. Diverse environments support diverse organisms.
- Experimentation that does not require a preconceived hypothesis. In some cases, the goal is to collect data to be able to formulate a hypothesis.
5 True/False questions
Hypothesis → Is the entire protein complement of a cell or organism. Proteins are largely responsible for the structure and function of cells and complete organisms. All of the proteins that a cell or organism can make.
Genome Characteristics → 1. Cells and Organization
2. Energy Use and Metabolism
3. Response to Environmental Changes
4. Regulation and Homeostasis
5. Growth and Development
7. Biological Evolution
Archaea → One of two prokaryotic domains of life, the other being Bacteria. Unicellular Prokaryote.
Modern Forms of Life-Unity → 1. All modern forms of life display a common set of characteristics.
2. Based on biological evolution.
Enzymes (Proteomes) → Is the entire protein complement of a cell or organism. Proteins are largely responsible for the structure and function of cells and complete organisms. All of the proteins that a cell or organism can make.