5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Modern Forms of Life-Diversity
- Extracellular Proteins (Proteomes)
- Hypothesis Example
- Seven Characteristics of Life
- a Proteins hold cells together in tissues.
- b 1. Diverse environments support diverse organisms.
- c If exercise is related to weight loss then increasing the amount of daily exercise in someone's routine will cause them to lose weight.
- d 1. Cells and Organization
2. Energy Use and Metabolism
3. Response to Environmental Changes
4. Regulation and Homeostasis
5. Growth and Development
7. Biological Evolution
- e entire set of genetic information that an organism carries in its DNA
5 Multiple choice questions
- Proteins organize the components within cells
- One of two prokaryotic domains of life, the other being Bacteria. Unicellular Prokaryote.
- the group that does not receive the experimental treatment.
- DoKi P ClOFaGeS
- Domain (largest)
- Species (smallest) It describes genetically similar individuals that are capable of mating to produce fertile offspring.
- 1. Progression of changes in a lineage
2. New species evolve from preexisting species by the accumulation of mutations
3. Natural selection takes advantage of beneficial mutations
5 True/False questions
Control Sample → a sample that receives no treatment during an experiment, and demonstrates what happens if no experimental variables are applied.
Enzymes (Proteomes) → Proteins that speed up chemical reactions. Proteins function as enzymes to synthesize and break down cellular molecules and macromolecules.
Discovery Based Science → Experimentation that does not require a preconceived hypothesis. In some cases, the goal is to collect data to be able to formulate a hypothesis.
Modern Forms of Life → Connected by an Evolutionary History
Independent Variable → the experimental factor that is manipulated; the variable whose effect is being studied