5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Cell Theory
- Vertical Descent with Mutation
- Modern Forms of Life
- a Connected by an Evolutionary History
- b (microbiology) single-celled or noncellular spherical or spiral or rod-shaped organisms lacking chlorophyll that reproduce by fission
- c single-celled organisms that do not have a membrane-bound nucleus
- d 1. Progression of changes in a lineage
2. New species evolve from preexisting species by the accumulation of mutations
3. Natural selection takes advantage of beneficial mutations
- e 1. All living things are composed of one or more cell.
2. Cells are the units of life
3. New cells come only from preexisting cells by cell division
5 Multiple choice questions
- 1. Diverse environments support diverse organisms.
- Proteins organize the components within cells
- the experimental factor that is manipulated; the variable whose effect is being studied
- One of two prokaryotic domains of life, the other being Bacteria. Unicellular Prokaryote.
- Science is the observation, identification, experimental investigation and theoretical explanation of natural phenomena.
5 True/False questions
Taxonomic Group → DoKi P ClOFaGeS
- Domain (largest)
- Species (smallest) It describes genetically similar individuals that are capable of mating to produce fertile offspring.
Hypothesis → 1. Proposed explanation for a natural phenomenon
2. Educated guess based on previous observations or experimental studies
3. Hypothesis must make predictions that can shown to be correct or incorrect (must be falsifiable)
4. Additional observations or experiments support or reject a hypothesis
5. A hypothesis is never absolutely proven
6. We may not have found the true explanation for a phenomenon.
All life-forms are composed of ____. → Matter
Unit of Organization → Cells are the units of life
Control Sample → the group that does not receive the experimental treatment.