5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Cell Theory
- Modern Forms of Life
- Vertical Descent with Mutation
- Modern Forms of Life-Diversity
- a identification, naming, and classification of species based on common vertical descent ancestry.
- b Connected by an Evolutionary History
- c 1. Diverse environments support diverse organisms.
- d 1. All living things are composed of one or more cell.
2. Cells are the units of life
3. New cells come only from preexisting cells by cell division
- e 1. Progression of changes in a lineage
2. New species evolve from preexisting species by the accumulation of mutations
3. Natural selection takes advantage of beneficial mutations
5 Multiple choice questions
- single-celled organisms that do not have a membrane-bound nucleus
- Is the entire protein complement of a cell or organism. Proteins are largely responsible for the structure and function of cells and complete organisms. All of the proteins that a cell or organism can make.
- Proteins are involved in cell shape and movement
- Proteins are needed for cell signaling with other cells and with the environment. The molecular mechanisms by which cells detect and respond to external stimuli and send messages to other cells
- 1. Stores information in a stable form: The genome of every organism stores information that provides a blueprint to create its characteristics.
2. Provides continuity from generation to generation: The genome is copied and transmitted from generation to generation.
3. Acts as an instrument of evolutionary change: Every now and then, the genome undergoes a mutation that may alter the characteristics of an organism. In addition, a genome may acquire new genes by horizontal gene transfer. The accumulation of such changes from generation to generation produces the evolutionary changes that alter species and produce new species.
5 True/False questions
Hypothesis Example → If exercise is related to weight loss then increasing the amount of daily exercise in someone's routine will cause them to lose weight.
All life-forms are composed of ____. → Matter
Enzymes (Proteomes) → Is the entire protein complement of a cell or organism. Proteins are largely responsible for the structure and function of cells and complete organisms. All of the proteins that a cell or organism can make.
Transport Proteins (Proteomes) → Proteins hold cells together in tissues.
Biology → identification, naming, and classification of species based on common vertical descent ancestry.