5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Control Group
- Modern Forms of Life
- Modern Forms of Life-Diversity
- Cell Organization (Proteomes)
- a 1. Proposed explanation for a natural phenomenon
2. Educated guess based on previous observations or experimental studies
3. Hypothesis must make predictions that can shown to be correct or incorrect (must be falsifiable)
4. Additional observations or experiments support or reject a hypothesis
5. A hypothesis is never absolutely proven
6. We may not have found the true explanation for a phenomenon.
- b Proteins organize the components within cells
- c Connected by an Evolutionary History
- d the group that does not receive the experimental treatment.
- e 1. Diverse environments support diverse organisms.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Proteins facilitate the uptake and export of substances. Protein molecules that help to transport substances throughout the body and across cell membranes
- (microbiology) single-celled or noncellular spherical or spiral or rod-shaped organisms lacking chlorophyll that reproduce by fission
- 1. Cells and Organization
2. Energy Use and Metabolism
3. Response to Environmental Changes
4. Regulation and Homeostasis
5. Growth and Development
7. Biological Evolution
- Science is the observation, identification, experimental investigation and theoretical explanation of natural phenomena.
- independent variable, the component or factor being tested
5 True/False questions
Independent Variable → the experimental factor that is manipulated; the variable whose effect is being studied
Control Sample → a sample that receives no treatment during an experiment, and demonstrates what happens if no experimental variables are applied.
Genome → entire set of genetic information that an organism carries in its DNA
Eukarya → One of two prokaryotic domains of life, the other being Bacteria. Unicellular Prokaryote.
All life-forms are composed of ____. → Connected by an Evolutionary History