5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Experimental Variable
- All life-forms are composed of ____.
- Discovery Based Science
- a Experimentation that does not require a preconceived hypothesis. In some cases, the goal is to collect data to be able to formulate a hypothesis.
- b independent variable, the component or factor being tested
- c Is the entire protein complement of a cell or organism. Proteins are largely responsible for the structure and function of cells and complete organisms. All of the proteins that a cell or organism can make.
- d (microbiology) single-celled or noncellular spherical or spiral or rod-shaped organisms lacking chlorophyll that reproduce by fission
- e Matter
5 Multiple choice questions
- One of two prokaryotic domains of life, the other being Bacteria. Unicellular Prokaryote.
- Proteins hold cells together in tissues.
- Proteins are involved in cell shape and movement
- 1. Stores information in a stable form: The genome of every organism stores information that provides a blueprint to create its characteristics.
2. Provides continuity from generation to generation: The genome is copied and transmitted from generation to generation.
3. Acts as an instrument of evolutionary change: Every now and then, the genome undergoes a mutation that may alter the characteristics of an organism. In addition, a genome may acquire new genes by horizontal gene transfer. The accumulation of such changes from generation to generation produces the evolutionary changes that alter species and produce new species.
- 1. All modern forms of life display a common set of characteristics.
2. Based on biological evolution.
5 True/False questions
Horizontal Gene Transfer → independent variable, the component or factor being tested
Taxonomy → identification, naming, and classification of species based on common vertical descent ancestry.
Hypothesis → (microbiology) single-celled or noncellular spherical or spiral or rod-shaped organisms lacking chlorophyll that reproduce by fission
Unit of Life → Science is the observation, identification, experimental investigation and theoretical explanation of natural phenomena.
Control Sample → a sample that receives no treatment during an experiment, and demonstrates what happens if no experimental variables are applied.