5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Which is more lateral, the hand or the hip.
- List organs of the Digestive System and describe its general function.
- What is an organism?
- Distinguish between the parietal & visceral peritoneum.
- Which requirement of organisms does the external environment provide?
- a Parietal: covers the heart surface & is separated from the parietal pericardium by a small volume of serious fluid.
Visceral: covers the heart surface & is separated from the parietal pericardium by a small volume of serous fluid.
- b Mouth, tongue, teeth, salivary glands, pharynx, esophagus, stomach, liver, gallbladder, pancreases, small/large intestines.
Receive, break down, and absorb food; eliminate unabsorbed material
- c the Hand
- d Water: transports substances and regulates temp.
Food: provide nutrients, which provide energy & raw materials for new matter
Oxygen: releases energy from nutrient. Energy in turn, is used to drive metabolic process.
Heat: form of energy in environment production of metabolic reactions & it controls the rate at which these reactions occur.
Pressure: application of force on an object or substance.
- e A group that functions closely together comprise an organ system. interacting organ systems make it up.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Glands that secrete hormones
Control metabolic activities of body structures.
- The heat would come on until the temperature reached the new set point.
- Oral cavity, nasal cavity, orbital cavity, and middle ear cavity.
- anatomical structures make it possible to learn their function. Each part contributes to the whole. Parts form a well organized unit- the human organism.
- RUQ: Right Upper Quadrant
LUQ: Left Upper Quadrant
RLQ: Right Lower Quadrant
LLQ: Left Lowe Quadrant
5 True/False questions
List organs of the Muscular System and describe its general function. → Muscles
Cause movement, maintain posture, produce body heat.
How does the human body illustrate levels of organization? → By organizing the body into subatomic particles, atoms, molecules, macromolecules, organelles, cells, tissue, organs, organ systems, organism.
Define againg → A group that functions closely together comprise an organ system. interacting organ systems make it up.
List organs of the Skeletal System and describe its general function. → Brain, spinal cord, nerves, sense organs.
Detect changes, receive and interpret sensory information, stimulate muscles and glands.
How do body parts at different levels of organization vary in complexity? → By organizing the body into subatomic particles, atoms, molecules, macromolecules, organelles, cells, tissue, organs, organ systems, organism.