5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Describe 3 homeostatic mechanism?
- Why is it difficult to separate the topic of anatomy & physiology?
- List organs of the Lymphatic System and describe its general function.
- List some aging related changes at the microscopic and whole body levels.
- Describe the membranes associated with the Thoracic & abdominopelvic cavities.
- a Lymphatic vessels, lymph nodes, thymus, spleen
Return tissue fluid to the blood, carry certain absorbed food molecules, defend the body against infection
- b Adult onset disorders grayer/white hairs deeper skin wrinkles proportion of fat to water in the tissue change. Lipofuscin & ceroid pigment accumulate when a cell can no longer prevent the formation of O2 radicals generalized metabolic slowdown diminished tolerance to cold, weight gain and fatigue.
- c Serous: line the walls of the thoracic and abdom. cavities - secrete a slippery serous fluid that separates the layer lining the wall of the cavity.
Pleural: a thin film of serous fluid separates the parietal and visceral.
Pericardial: located in the broadest portion of the mediastinum.
Peritoneal: lines the wall of the abdominopelvic cavity & visceral peritoneum covers most of the organs in the abdominopelvic cavity.
- d Receptors: provide info about specific conditions, may be a molecule or a cell.
Control Center: includes a set point, a particular value.
Effectors: causes responses that alter conditions in the internal environment.
- e anatomical structures make it possible to learn their function. Each part contributes to the whole. Parts form a well organized unit- the human organism.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Heart, arteries, capillaries, veins.
Move blood through blood vessels and transport substance throughout body.
Cause movement, maintain posture, produce body heat.
- The heat would come on until the temperature reached the new set point.
- The functional role arise from the way the body part is constructed. Ex. The arrangement of bones and muscles in the human hand, with its long jointed fingers, making grasping possible.
- As people became more sedentary and diets changed, people became malnourished.
5 True/False questions
What is an organism? → A group that functions closely together comprise an organ system. interacting organ systems make it up.
Name the cavities of the head. → Oral cavity, nasal cavity, orbital cavity, and middle ear cavity.
Name the major organ systems. → Integumentary, skeletal, muscular, nervous, endocrine, cardiovascular, lymphatic, digestive, respiratory, urinary, and reproductive.
How do body parts at different levels of organization vary in complexity? → The heart consists of muscle, fat & nervous tissue. Cells of complex organism such as human contain structures called organelles that carry out specific activities. Organelles are composed of large molecules, including proteins, carbs, lipids, & nucleic acids. Most human cells contain a complete set of genetic instructions allowing cells to specialize.
List organs of the Urinary System and describe its general function. → Kidney, ureters urinary bladder, urethra.
Remove waste from blood, maintain water and electrolyte balance, store and transport urine.