5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- List organs of the Lymphatic System and describe its general function.
- Which is more lateral, the hand or the hip.
- What factors probably stimulated an early interest in the human body?
- Explain how the names of the abdominal quadrants describe their location.
- Describe three types of body sections.
- a the Hand
- b The change from hunter-gatherer to an agricultural lifestyle. This lifestyle change brought on other changes such as diet, stresses, and diseases.
- c RUQ: Right Upper Quadrant
LUQ: Left Upper Quadrant
RLQ: Right Lower Quadrant
LLQ: Left Lowe Quadrant
- d Lymphatic vessels, lymph nodes, thymus, spleen
Return tissue fluid to the blood, carry certain absorbed food molecules, defend the body against infection
- e Sagittal: lengthwise cut, divides the body into right and left portions.
Transverse: divides the body into superior and inferior portions.
Frontal: divides the body into anterior & posterior portions.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Changes in the body with the passage of time. Process of becoming mature or old.
- Male: scrotum, testes, epididymides, ductus, deferentia, seminal vesicles, prostate, bulbourethral gland, urethra penis. Female: ovaries, uterine tubes, uterus, vagina, clitoris, and vulva.
Produce and maintain sperm cells, transfer sperm cells into female reproductive tract. Produce and maintain egg cells, receive sperm cells, support development of an embryo and function in birth process.
- We are learning more, with more sophisticated technology. New developments, new ideas, ect...
- Glands that secrete hormones
Control metabolic activities of body structures.
- The functional role arise from the way the body part is constructed. Ex. The arrangement of bones and muscles in the human hand, with its long jointed fingers, making grasping possible.
5 True/False questions
List organs of the Urinary System and describe its general function. → Kidney, ureters urinary bladder, urethra.
Remove waste from blood, maintain water and electrolyte balance, store and transport urine.
What types if activities helped promote the development of modern medical science? → By organizing the body into subatomic particles, atoms, molecules, macromolecules, organelles, cells, tissue, organs, organ systems, organism.
Which physiological events constitute metabolism? → The process of respiration, use the energy in these nutrients for such vital functions as growth and repair of tissue. The final process is the excretion of wastes the body does not use. the physical and chemical events that obtain, release a use energy are major part of metabolism.
Describe the Nine regions of the abdomen. → Epigastric: upper middle portion
Lt/Rt hypochondriac: Lt/Rt side of the epiogastric region
Lt/Rt lumbar: Lt/Rt side of umbilical
Hypogastric: lower middle portion
Lt/Rt Iliac ( inguinal): Lt/Rt side of the hypogastric region
Describe 3 homeostatic mechanism? → Receptors: provide info about specific conditions, may be a molecule or a cell.
Control Center: includes a set point, a particular value.
Effectors: causes responses that alter conditions in the internal environment.