5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Define againg
- How does the human body illustrate levels of organization?
- Describe the Nine regions of the abdomen.
- Which is more lateral, the hand or the hip.
- List organs of the Cardiovascular System and describe its general function.
- a By organizing the body into subatomic particles, atoms, molecules, macromolecules, organelles, cells, tissue, organs, organ systems, organism.
- b the Hand
- c Heart, arteries, capillaries, veins.
Move blood through blood vessels and transport substance throughout body.
- d Epigastric: upper middle portion
Lt/Rt hypochondriac: Lt/Rt side of the epiogastric region
Lt/Rt lumbar: Lt/Rt side of umbilical
Hypogastric: lower middle portion
Lt/Rt Iliac ( inguinal): Lt/Rt side of the hypogastric region
- e Changes in the body with the passage of time. Process of becoming mature or old.
5 Multiple choice questions
- As people became more sedentary and diets changed, people became malnourished.
- Techniques for making accurate observations & performing careful experiments evolved. Knowledge of the human body expanded. This new knowledge requited a new specialized language.
- Receptors: provide info about specific conditions, may be a molecule or a cell.
Control Center: includes a set point, a particular value.
Effectors: causes responses that alter conditions in the internal environment.
- It maintains a stable internal environment. When we become over heated there is a internal set point that indicates to the hypothalamus to trigger a changed in body temp to reduce the heat in the body. Sweat glands in the skin secretes watery perspiration this allows the body to cool down.
- Water: transports substances and regulates temp.
Food: provide nutrients, which provide energy & raw materials for new matter
Oxygen: releases energy from nutrient. Energy in turn, is used to drive metabolic process.
Heat: form of energy in environment production of metabolic reactions & it controls the rate at which these reactions occur.
Pressure: application of force on an object or substance.
5 True/False questions
List organs of the Urinary System and describe its general function. → Muscles
Cause movement, maintain posture, produce body heat.
List organs of the Lymphatic System and describe its general function. → Lymphatic vessels, lymph nodes, thymus, spleen
Return tissue fluid to the blood, carry certain absorbed food molecules, defend the body against infection
List organs of the Nervous System and describe its general function. → Bones, ligaments, cartilage.
Provide framework, protect soft tissue, provide attachments for muscles, produce blood cells, store inorganic salts.
How do body parts at different levels of organization vary in complexity? → The heart consists of muscle, fat & nervous tissue. Cells of complex organism such as human contain structures called organelles that carry out specific activities. Organelles are composed of large molecules, including proteins, carbs, lipids, & nucleic acids. Most human cells contain a complete set of genetic instructions allowing cells to specialize.
Name the major organ systems. → Integumentary, skeletal, muscular, nervous, endocrine, cardiovascular, lymphatic, digestive, respiratory, urinary, and reproductive.