5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Why is it difficult to separate the topic of anatomy & physiology?
- Why is homeostasis so important to survival?
- List organs of the Respiratory System and describe its general function.
- What types if activities helped promote the development of modern medical science?
- Distinguish between the parietal & visceral peritoneum.
- a Nasal cavity, pharynx, larynx, trachea, bronchi, and lungs.
Intake and output of air, exchange of gases between air and blood.
- b Parietal: covers the heart surface & is separated from the parietal pericardium by a small volume of serious fluid.
Visceral: covers the heart surface & is separated from the parietal pericardium by a small volume of serous fluid.
- c Techniques for making accurate observations & performing careful experiments evolved. Knowledge of the human body expanded. This new knowledge requited a new specialized language.
- d anatomical structures make it possible to learn their function. Each part contributes to the whole. Parts form a well organized unit- the human organism.
- e It maintains a stable internal environment. When we become over heated there is a internal set point that indicates to the hypothalamus to trigger a changed in body temp to reduce the heat in the body. Sweat glands in the skin secretes watery perspiration this allows the body to cool down.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Epigastric: upper middle portion
Lt/Rt hypochondriac: Lt/Rt side of the epiogastric region
Lt/Rt lumbar: Lt/Rt side of umbilical
Hypogastric: lower middle portion
Lt/Rt Iliac ( inguinal): Lt/Rt side of the hypogastric region
- Glands that secrete hormones
Control metabolic activities of body structures.
- Water: transports substances and regulates temp.
Food: provide nutrients, which provide energy & raw materials for new matter
Oxygen: releases energy from nutrient. Energy in turn, is used to drive metabolic process.
Heat: form of energy in environment production of metabolic reactions & it controls the rate at which these reactions occur.
Pressure: application of force on an object or substance.
- The functional role arise from the way the body part is constructed. Ex. The arrangement of bones and muscles in the human hand, with its long jointed fingers, making grasping possible.
- Kidney, ureters urinary bladder, urethra.
Remove waste from blood, maintain water and electrolyte balance, store and transport urine.
5 True/False questions
How does the human body illustrate levels of organization? → As people became more sedentary and diets changed, people became malnourished.
Which physiological events constitute metabolism? → The process of respiration, use the energy in these nutrients for such vital functions as growth and repair of tissue. The final process is the excretion of wastes the body does not use. the physical and chemical events that obtain, release a use energy are major part of metabolism.
Explain how the names of the abdominal quadrants describe their location. → RUQ: Right Upper Quadrant
LUQ: Left Upper Quadrant
RLQ: Right Lower Quadrant
LLQ: Left Lowe Quadrant
List organs of the Digestive System and describe its general function. → Mouth, tongue, teeth, salivary glands, pharynx, esophagus, stomach, liver, gallbladder, pancreases, small/large intestines.
Receive, break down, and absorb food; eliminate unabsorbed material
List organs of the Skeletal System and describe its general function. → Muscles
Cause movement, maintain posture, produce body heat.