5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Describe the Nine regions of the abdomen.
- Which is more lateral, the hand or the hip.
- List organs of Integumentary system and describe its general function.
- What factors probably stimulated an early interest in the human body?
- List organs of the Endocrine System and describe its general function.
- a Skin, hair, nails, sweat glands, sebaceous glands.
Protect tissue, regulate body temp, support sensory receptors.
- b Glands that secrete hormones
Control metabolic activities of body structures.
- c the Hand
- d Epigastric: upper middle portion
Lt/Rt hypochondriac: Lt/Rt side of the epiogastric region
Lt/Rt lumbar: Lt/Rt side of umbilical
Hypogastric: lower middle portion
Lt/Rt Iliac ( inguinal): Lt/Rt side of the hypogastric region
- e The change from hunter-gatherer to an agricultural lifestyle. This lifestyle change brought on other changes such as diet, stresses, and diseases.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The most fundamental characteristic of life are shared by all organisms. We can respond to our surroundings our bodies grow. We gain energy by ingesting, digesting, absorbing and assimilating the nutrients in food.
- The process of respiration, use the energy in these nutrients for such vital functions as growth and repair of tissue. The final process is the excretion of wastes the body does not use. the physical and chemical events that obtain, release a use energy are major part of metabolism.
- Mouth, tongue, teeth, salivary glands, pharynx, esophagus, stomach, liver, gallbladder, pancreases, small/large intestines.
Receive, break down, and absorb food; eliminate unabsorbed material
- By organizing the body into subatomic particles, atoms, molecules, macromolecules, organelles, cells, tissue, organs, organ systems, organism.
- anatomical structures make it possible to learn their function. Each part contributes to the whole. Parts form a well organized unit- the human organism.
5 True/False questions
Distinguish between the parietal & visceral peritoneum. → Parietal: covers the heart surface & is separated from the parietal pericardium by a small volume of serious fluid.
Visceral: covers the heart surface & is separated from the parietal pericardium by a small volume of serous fluid.
Why is homeostasis so important to survival? → Receptors: provide info about specific conditions, may be a molecule or a cell.
Control Center: includes a set point, a particular value.
Effectors: causes responses that alter conditions in the internal environment.
List organs of the Nervous System and describe its general function. → Brain, spinal cord, nerves, sense organs.
Detect changes, receive and interpret sensory information, stimulate muscles and glands.
Which requirement of organisms does the external environment provide? → The process of respiration, use the energy in these nutrients for such vital functions as growth and repair of tissue. The final process is the excretion of wastes the body does not use. the physical and chemical events that obtain, release a use energy are major part of metabolism.
What are the difference between anatomy & physiology? → Anatomy ( cutting up) examines the structures of the body parts.
Physiology ( relationship to nature) considers the functions of the body part.