5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- List organs of the Cardiovascular System and describe its general function.
- List organs of the Skeletal System and describe its general function.
- List organs of the Lymphatic System and describe its general function.
- What types if activities helped promote the development of modern medical science?
- What is an organism?
- a Techniques for making accurate observations & performing careful experiments evolved. Knowledge of the human body expanded. This new knowledge requited a new specialized language.
- b Bones, ligaments, cartilage.
Provide framework, protect soft tissue, provide attachments for muscles, produce blood cells, store inorganic salts.
- c Lymphatic vessels, lymph nodes, thymus, spleen
Return tissue fluid to the blood, carry certain absorbed food molecules, defend the body against infection
- d Heart, arteries, capillaries, veins.
Move blood through blood vessels and transport substance throughout body.
- e A group that functions closely together comprise an organ system. interacting organ systems make it up.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Changes in the body with the passage of time. Process of becoming mature or old.
- The most fundamental characteristic of life are shared by all organisms. We can respond to our surroundings our bodies grow. We gain energy by ingesting, digesting, absorbing and assimilating the nutrients in food.
- Water: transports substances and regulates temp.
Food: provide nutrients, which provide energy & raw materials for new matter
Oxygen: releases energy from nutrient. Energy in turn, is used to drive metabolic process.
Heat: form of energy in environment production of metabolic reactions & it controls the rate at which these reactions occur.
Pressure: application of force on an object or substance.
- Parietal: covers the heart surface & is separated from the parietal pericardium by a small volume of serious fluid.
Visceral: covers the heart surface & is separated from the parietal pericardium by a small volume of serous fluid.
- The functional role arise from the way the body part is constructed. Ex. The arrangement of bones and muscles in the human hand, with its long jointed fingers, making grasping possible.
5 True/False questions
Name the cavities of the head. → Integumentary, skeletal, muscular, nervous, endocrine, cardiovascular, lymphatic, digestive, respiratory, urinary, and reproductive.
How did human health change as lifestyle changed? → The organs within the thoracic cavity & abdominopelvic cavity.
List organs of the Respiratory System and describe its general function. → Kidney, ureters urinary bladder, urethra.
Remove waste from blood, maintain water and electrolyte balance, store and transport urine.
List organs of Integumentary system and describe its general function. → Skin, hair, nails, sweat glands, sebaceous glands.
Protect tissue, regulate body temp, support sensory receptors.
What would happen to room temperature if the set point where turned up? → The heat would come on until the temperature reached the new set point.