Create an account
- 1st Secretary of Treasury under George Washington
- Developed the Bank of the United States
- Wrote the Federalist Papers, which supported ratification of the Constitution
An African American mathematician and astronomer. He was hired by Thomas Jefferson to help survey land for the new capital in Washington, DC.
- France's representative to the US/diplomat
- he asked American sailors to help France fight Britain by commanding privateers
- Washington told Genet that violated U.S. Neutrality
- 1st president of the United States
- elected for 2 terms
- Revolutionary War hero and Patriot leader
- served as a representative to Congress
- Commanded the Continental Army
- 4th president of United States
- Considered to be the "Father of the Constitution"
- delegate to the Constitutional Convention
- Author to some of the Federalist Papers
- led the states through the War of 1812
- like Jefferson, opposed the plan for a national bank
- a delegate to the Continental Congress
- a member of the committee that drafted the Declaration of Independence
- vice president to George washington
- 2nd president of the United States
- settled the XYZ Affair with diplomacy and avoided war with France
- Member of the Congress
- Wrote some of the Federalist Papers
- Negotiated Jay's Treaty with Great Britain to settle outstanding disputes
- Miami chief who led a Native American alliance that raided settlements in the Northwest Territory
- Was defeated and forced to sign the treaty of Greenville
- Later became an advocate for peace
George Washington's wife. She was our countries 1st First Lady and knew she had to set a good example. She entertained guests and attended social events.
- Chairman of the committee to draft the Declaration of Independence
- The Declaration's main author and one of it's signers
- appointed as Secretary of State by Washington
- 3rd president of the United States
- A strict constructionist who wanted a weak central government, believed that state government should be stronger.
- favored the agricultural South
- opposed the plan for a national bank
Please allow access to your computer’s microphone to use Voice Recording.
Having trouble? Click here for help.
We can’t access your microphone!
Click the icon above to update your browser permissions and try again
Reload the page to try again!Reload
Press Cmd-0 to reset your zoom
Press Ctrl-0 to reset your zoom
It looks like your browser might be zoomed in or out. Your browser needs to be zoomed to a normal size to record audio.
Please upgrade Flash or install Chrome
to use Voice Recording.
For more help, see our troubleshooting page.
Your microphone is muted
For help fixing this issue, see this FAQ.
Star this term
You can study starred terms together