5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- behavior genetics
- The thalamus receives information from the sensory neurons and routes it to the higher brain regions that control senses. The thalamus functions like a
- A newspaper article describes how a "cure for cancer has been found" A critical thinker probably will...
- a To detect naturally occurring relationships; to assess how well one variable predicts another. Does not specify cause and effect
- b switchboard
- c the study of the relative power and limits of genetic and environmental influences on behavior
- d question the article, evaluate the evidence, and assess the conclusions.
- e recurring problems in falling or staying asleep
5 Multiple choice questions
- drugs that depress the activity of the central nervous system reducing anxiety but impairing memory and judgement
- natural opiate like neurotransmitters linked to pain control and to pleasure
- the acquisition of a traditional masculine or feminine role
- a chemical substance that alters perceptions and moods
- A branch of psychology that assists people with problems in living and achieving greater well-being.
5 True/False questions
The perspective in psychology that focuses on how behavior & thought differ form situation to situation and form culture to culture is ____________ perspective. → Social-cultural
natural selection → the principle that among the range of inherited traits variations those that lead to increased reproduction and survival will most likely be passed on to succeeding generations
normal levels of stimulation are important during infancy and early childhood because during these years.... → reticular formation
Basic research → Scientific study that aims to solve practical problems.
opiates → the biochemical units of heredity that make up the chromosomes, a segment of DNA capable of synthesizing a protein