Chapter 1: The Chemical World.
Study Guide via Chapter Outlines on Blackboard.
Things you should know:
Chemistry is studying the world by looking at atoms and molecules
Everything is made of atoms and molecules
Chemicals are all around you and are what you are made of
Terms in this set (...)
• is studying the world by looking at atoms and molecules. • understand the world from the perspective of atoms and molecules.
Everything is made of ____ and ____.
atoms and molecules
• are all around you and are what you are made of. • anything we can write a chemical formula for (ie. H₂O, CO ₂).
• Observation • Hypothesis • Experiment • Results • Theory
Observation (Scientific Method)
• Step 1 of Scientific Method • something about the world
Hypothesis (Scientific Method)
• Step 2 of Scientific Method • a preliminary theory
Experiment (Scientific Method)
• Step 3 of Scientific Method • test hypothesis
If Hypothesis was wrong, go back to Hypothesis Step. If Data supports the hypothesis, move on to Theory Step.