5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Force Bill
- Horace Mann
- Upton Sinclair
- Hay-Bunau-Varilla Treaty
- V-E Day
- a Bill that says Congress is authorized to use the military against belligerent states. Is nullified by South Carolina.
- b Secretary of Massachusetts Board of Education - created public school system in MASS - became model for nation
- c author who wrote a book about the horrors of food productions in 1906 - wrote The Jungle
- d U.S. garantee of independence for newly created Republic of Panama
- e May 1945
5 Multiple choice questions
- When the south was returned to Conservative Democratic rule after the Radical Republicans of Reconstruction
- a person who speaks out against the regime in power
- a limit or reduction in armed forces or weapons
- payment made to the victor by the vanquished to cover the costs of a war
- Revival of religious sentiments emphasizing personal salvation and frontier televangelists
5 True/False questions
First Great Awakening → The First Great Awakening was a time of religious fervor during the 1730s and 1740s. The movement arose in reaction to the rise of skepticism and the waning of religious faith brought about by the Enlightenment. Protestant ministers held revivals throughout the English colonies in America, stressing the need for individuals to repent and urging a personal understanding of truth.
Jane Addams → Founder of the settlement house movement
Fascism → a political system headed by a dictator that calls for extreme nationalism and racism and has no tolerance for opposition
Excise taxes → An act that removed Indian land from tribal possesion, redivided it, and distributed it among individual Indian families. Designed to break tribal mentalities and promote individualism.
Democrats 1836-1850 → Devised by Clay - California was free state, stricter Fugitive Slave Law, ended Slave Trade in DC