5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Hoof wall
- Paralumbar fossa
- Tail Head
- a Hollow area of the flank whose boundaries are the transverse processes of the lumbar vertebrae (dorsally), the last rib (cranially), and the thigh muscles (caudally).
- b Top of the head; occiput; nuchal crest.
- c Hard; horny outer layer of the covering of the digit in ungulates.
- d Base of the tail where it connects to the body.
- e Accessory claw of the ruminant foot that projects caudally from the fetlock.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Two nostrils (including the skin and fascia) and the muscles of the upper and lower lip.
- Hard covering of the digit in ungulates.
- Carpus in ungulates.
- Sacral to tailhead region of the back.
- Region around the large joint between the humerus and scapula.
5 True/False questions
Toe → Palmar or plantar surface of the hoof; bottom of hoof.
Pedal → Pertaining to the foot.
Stifle joint → Femorotibial and femoropatellar joint in quadrupeds.
Crest → Nipple of mammary gland.
Elbow → Lumbar region of the back, between the thorax and pelvis.