5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Pastern Joint
- Cannon bone (shin bone)
- Hoof wall
- a Hard; horny outer layer of the covering of the digit in ungulates.
- b Tarsal joint
- c Mass of connective tissue, muscle, and fat covering the cranioventral part of the ruminant chest between the forelegs.
- d Third and fourth metacarpal (metatarsal) of the ruminant
- e Proximal interphalangeal joint (joint between the long and short pastern bones [phalanges I and II, respectively]) in ungulates.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Nipple of mammary gland.
- Solid part of the tail.
- Part of the foreleg supported by the radius and ulna, between the elbow and knee.
- Sacral to tailhead region of the back.
- Metacarpophalangeal and metatarsophalangeal joint (joint between the cannon bone and the long pastern bone [phalanx I]) in ungulates.
5 True/False questions
Shoulder → Palmar or plantar surface of the hoof; bottom of hoof.
Paralumbar fossa → Proximal interphalangeal joint (joint between the long and short pastern bones [phalanges I and II, respectively]) in ungulates.
Dewclaw → Accessory claw of the ruminant foot that projects caudally from the fetlock.
Knee → Caudal region of the hoof that has an area of soft tissue called the bulb.
Poll → Top of the head; occiput; nuchal crest.