5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Mental Map
- a A large inland body of fresh or saltwater.
- b Attempt by one country to establish settlements and to impose its political, economic, and cultural principles in another territory
- c An internal representation of a portion of earth's surface based on what an individual knows about a place,containing personal impressions of what is in a place and where places are located
- d The science of making maps.
- e the monotheistic religion of Muslims founded in Arabia in the 7th century and based on the teachings of Muhammad as laid down in the Koran
5 Multiple choice questions
- Culture traditionally practiced by a small, homogeneous, rural group living in relative isolation from other groups.
- The spread of an underlying principle, even though a specific characteristic is rejected.
- A shallow pool of water at the center of an atoll.
- weather is driven by this
- the act of coming together again
5 True/False questions
Copenhagen, Denmark → an international organization of European countries formed after World War II to reduce trade barriers and increase cooperation among its members
Nationalism → A religion that believes that the world and nature has a spirit, mostly found in Africa and the Americas
anti-Semitism → discrimination against Jewish people
Acculturation → The position of anything on Earth's surface.
Township → popular Chinese philosophical system based in teachings of Lao-tzu but characterized by a pantheism of many gods and the practices of alchemy and divination and magic