What are the 6 types of epithelial tissue?
1. Simple squamous -one layer of flat cells (alveoli of lungs, permits diffusion of gases)
2. Stratified squamous- many layers of cells (epidermis, lining of esophagus and vagina)
3. Transitional- many layers of cells (lining of bladder, permits expansion)
4. Cuboidal- one layer of cube shaped cells (thyroid gland, salivary gland, kidney tubules) excretory
5. Columnar- One layer of column shaped cells (lining of stomach, lining of small intestine and absorbs products in digestion)
6. Ciliated- one lay of columnar cells with cilia on free surfaces (lining of trachea to sweep mucus and dust pharynx and lining of fallopian tube to sweep ovum toward uterus)