5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What is somatic cell nuclear transfer?
- 1. Organism consist of one or more cells
2. The cell is the smallest unit of organization that displays the properties of life
3. Continuity of life arises directly from the growth and division of single cells
- what are adenine and guanine?
- anaerobic respiration
- a purines
- b Cell Theory
- c Respiration that does not require oxygen
- d Process that occurs when soils in arid areas are brought under cultivation through irrigation. In arid climates, water evaporates quickly off the ground surface, leaving salty residues that render the soil infertile.
- e when descendants of a stem cell, used for therapeutic cloning go on to differentiate into cell types of specific organs and tissues
5 Multiple choice questions
- Oxygen added to the atmosphere by autotrophs performing photosynthesis
- highly organized nucleus bounded by a nuclear membrane, characteristic of higher organisms
- physical barriers stop gene flow among populations or subpopulations of a species. Interbreeding will no longer be possible in the offspring.
5 True/False questions
how much of freshwater is used for agriculture → purines
shorterm adaptation → The process by which a new species evolves from a prior species, the most basic process in macroevolution.
piece of dna on a chromosome → two chromosomes that are similar in height, shape, and genetic material
what elements could have played a role in the evolution of primates? → alu elements
is the cell membrane fluid, solid, or gaseous? → nucleotides