5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- what are adenine and guanine?
- What is the Ozone a buildup of?
- what is a monophyletic group?
- Where is the correspondence between genes and proteins encoded?
- a In mRNA transcripts
- b purines
- c included only the descendants from an ancestral species in which a unique feature first evolved
- d organism that makes organic carbon molecules from carbon dioxide using energy from chemical reactions
- e Oxygen added to the atmosphere by autotrophs performing photosynthesis
5 Multiple choice questions
- a species is one or more group of individual that interbreed, produce fertile offspring, and are reproductively isolated from other such groups
- The process by which a new species evolves from a prior species, the most basic process in macroevolution.
- a range of dyes is used that bind to specific parts of chromosomes
- link between the nucleotide sequence of nucleic acids and the amino acids sequence
- Stabilizing selection
5 True/False questions
nucleic acid hybridization → breeding technique that involves crossing dissimilar individuals to bring together the traits of both organisms
What is the inside of DNa consist of? → nucleotides
molecular clock → the aggregate of small plant and animal organisms that float or drift in great numbers in fresh or salt water
What is somatic cell nuclear transfer? → when descendants of a stem cell, used for therapeutic cloning go on to differentiate into cell types of specific organs and tissues
macroevolution → evolution on the smallest scale—a generation-to-generation change in the frequencies of alleles within a population