5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- what was thought to hold hereditary material befor DNA discovered?
- piece of dna on a chromosome
- a proteins
- b gene
- c organism that obtains energy from the foods it consumes; also called a consumer
- d Highly reactive and prone to electron transfers
- e class of proteins that cause metabolic reactions to proceed faster
5 Multiple choice questions
- every cell membrane has a mixed composition of phospolipids
- evolution on the smallest scale—a generation-to-generation change in the frequencies of alleles within a population
- triplets in which mRNAs bases are read, when docked at a ribosome.
- organism that makes organic carbon molecules from carbon dioxide using energy from chemical reactions
- The process by which a new species evolves from a prior species, the most basic process in macroevolution.
5 True/False questions
What is the cause of Turner syndrome → a girl is given only one x chromosome
disruptive selection → Evolutionary change on a grand scale, encompassing the origin of new taxonomic groups, evolutionary trends, adaptive radiation, and mass extinction.
where does carbon cycling occur? → between the ocean and the atmosphere
allopatric speciation → physical barriers stop gene flow among populations or subpopulations of a species. Interbreeding will no longer be possible in the offspring.
realized niche → the range of resources and conditions a species actually uses or can tolerate at optimal efficiency; smaller than fundamental niche