5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What are codons?
- a Highly reactive and prone to electron transfers
- b triplets in which mRNAs bases are read, when docked at a ribosome.
- c class of proteins that cause metabolic reactions to proceed faster
- d organism that makes organic carbon molecules from carbon dioxide using energy from chemical reactions
- e The process by which a new species evolves from a prior species, the most basic process in macroevolution.
5 Multiple choice questions
- haploid number
- cells absorb molecules by engulfing them
- a species is defined by its physical, structural, and functional traits that sets them apart from other species
- Maurice Wilkins
5 True/False questions
microevolution → evolution on the smallest scale—a generation-to-generation change in the frequencies of alleles within a population
disruptive selection → natural selection that favors individuals with either extreme of a trait
nitrogen cycle → the circulation of nitrogen
what are thymine and cytosine? → pyrimidines
What is somatic cell nuclear transfer? → when descendants of a stem cell, used for therapeutic cloning go on to differentiate into cell types of specific organs and tissues