5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- 1. Organism consist of one or more cells
2. The cell is the smallest unit of organization that displays the properties of life
3. Continuity of life arises directly from the growth and division of single cells
- what are thymine and cytosine?
- new species definition
- mitochondrial DNA
- a consist of three to millions of subunits
- b pyrimidines
- c A small amount of DNA that is located in the mitochondria of cells. Mitochondrial DNA is inherited only through the mother.
- d a species is defined by its physical, structural, and functional traits that sets them apart from other species
- e Cell Theory
5 Multiple choice questions
- hardy-weing formula
- dissimilar body parts evolved in similar ways but were in evolutionary distant lineages
- Highly reactive and prone to electron transfers
- Process that occurs when soils in arid areas are brought under cultivation through irrigation. In arid climates, water evaporates quickly off the ground surface, leaving salty residues that render the soil infertile.
5 True/False questions
fluid mosaic model → guide the formation of tissues and organs into orderly patterns
what are the only groups of prokaryotic cells? → cladograms
autotroph → organism that obtains energy from the foods it consumes; also called a consumer
molecular clock → calibrated by the determination of the number of differences in DNA base sequences or Amino Acid sequences between species being plotted against a series of branch points
where is prokaryotic DNA concentrated? → nucleoid