5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- nitrogen cycle
- what are homologous chromosomes
- What are molecules assmebled from?
- what are the names for evolutionary tree diagrams?
- a cellular pools of sugars, fatty acids, amino acids, and nucleotides
- b split molecules at specific groups, then attach one -OH group with an H atom at the exposed sites
- c the circulation of nitrogen
- d cladograms
- e two chromosomes that are similar in height, shape, and genetic material
5 Multiple choice questions
- a species is defined by its physical, structural, and functional traits that sets them apart from other species
- physical barriers stop gene flow among populations or subpopulations of a species. Interbreeding will no longer be possible in the offspring.
- natural selection that favors individuals with either extreme of a trait
- the process of base pairing between a gene and a complementary sequence on another nucleic acid molecule
- An organism that makes its own food
5 True/False questions
specific spot of a gene on a chromosome → gene locus
what does meiosis begin with? end with? → diploid cells, diploid cells
formula used to find the frequency of genotypes in a population in which there are two alleles → Stabilizing selection
What does the Krebs Cycle consist of? → Enzymes break down pyruvate to carbon dioxide and water. These reactions may release many electrons and hydrogen atoms
What caused the great dying → sudden spike of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere