6 Written questions
6 Multiple choice questions
- Made up of one cell. Single-celled. Uni- = one, single
- A cell that contains a nucleus and a complex internal structure. An organism that has eukaryotic cells is a eukaryote.
- A cell that does NOT have a nucleus or any other membrane-covered organelles. An organism that has prokaryotic cells (bacteria) is known as a prokaryote.
- Composed of three parts:
1) All organisms are composed of one or more cells.
2) The cell is the basic unit of life in all living things.
3) All cells come from existing cells.
Moves the body tube/stage up and down to allow focusing of the image when on low-powered objective lens.
- Made up of many cells. Mutli- = many
5 True/False questions
organ system → A living thing, made up of cell(s) that carries out life processes and dies. Living things can be unicellular (ex: bacteria, yeast) or multicellular (ex: rabbit, cats, ants, sunflowers).
fine adjustment knob →
Moves the body tube/stage slightly to bring the object into sharper focus. Can be used with any powered objective lens.
Where you look through. Magnifies the image 10x. Contains the pointer.
organ → A living thing, made up of cell(s) that carries out life processes and dies. Living things can be unicellular (ex: bacteria, yeast) or multicellular (ex: rabbit, cats, ants, sunflowers).
A combination of two or more tissues that work together to perform a specific function.