5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- List the accesory organs of the digestive system:
- the liver consists of two lobes separated by the falciform ligament.
- which one is not part of the small intestine?
- fats are absorbed primarily into which of the following structures?
- the volumes of stomach and duodenum are approximately equal.
- a true
- b pancreas, teeth, liver, salivary glands, gallbladder
- c false
- d lymph in intestinal lacteals
- e colon
5 Multiple choice questions
- visceral peritoneum
- Saliva-producing glands
Parotid glands- anterior to the ears
- anal canal
5 True/False questions
the majority of substance are absorbed in the small intestine → true
List the functions of the digestive system → breakdown of ingested food, absorption of nutrients into the blood
the enzyme pepsin is concerned primarily with the difgestion of which of the following? → starches to sugars
the enzyme amylase converts which of the following? → the Liver to the lesser curvature of the stomach
Mechanical Digestion → enzymes break down food materials into their building blocks carbohydrates broken into simple sugars
protein broken into amino acids
fats broken into fatty acids