5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- active site
- a a subunit of nucleic acid formed from a single sugar, a phosphate group, and a nitrogenous base.
- b substance that exists before a chemical reaction starts; located on the left side of the arrow in a chemical reaction.
- c specific place where a substrate binds on an enzyme.
- d measure of the concentration of hydrogen ions (H+) in a solution.
- e particle without a charge in an atom's nucleus
5 Multiple choice questions
- negatively charged particle that occupies space around an atom's nucleus.
- organic compound made of amino acids joined by peptide bonds; primary building block of organisms.
- large molecule formed by joining smaller organic molecules together
- positively charged particle in an atom's nucleus.
- electrical attraction between two oppositely charged atoms or groups of atoms.
5 True/False questions
element → substance in which another substance is dissolved.
product → substance formed by a chemical reaction; located on the right side of the arrow in a chemical equation.
enzyme → large molecule formed from smaller repeating units or identical, or nearly identical, compounds linked by covalent bonds.
solute → substance dissolved in a solvent.
acid → hydrophobic biological molecule composed mostly or carbon and hydrogen; fats, oils, and waxes are lipids