5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- active site
- chemical reaction
- a specific place where a substrate binds on an enzyme.
- b particle without a charge in an atom's nucleus
- c center of an atom; contains neutrons and protons. In eukaryotic cells, the central membrane-bound organelle that manages cellular functions and contains DNA
- d negatively charged particle that occupies space around an atom's nucleus.
- e energy-requiring process by which atoms or groups of atoms in substances are changed into different substances
5 Multiple choice questions
- complex macromolecule that stores and communicates genetic information.
- a subunit of nucleic acid formed from a single sugar, a phosphate group, and a nitrogenous base.
- reactant to which an enzyme binds
- two or more atoms of the same element having different numbers of neutrons.
- atom that is negatively or positively charged because it have lost or gained one or more electrons.
5 True/False questions
protein → positively charged particle in an atom's nucleus.
solvent → substance in which another substance is dissolved.
solute → substance dissolved in a solvent.
proton → organic compound made of amino acids joined by peptide bonds; primary building block of organisms.
acid → hydrophobic biological molecule composed mostly or carbon and hydrogen; fats, oils, and waxes are lipids