5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- ionic bond
- a positively charged particle in an atom's nucleus.
- b substance that speeds up a chemical reaction by reducing the activation energy.
- c electrical attraction between two oppositely charged atoms or groups of atoms.
- d negatively charged particle that occupies space around an atom's nucleus.
- e substance that releases hydroxide ions (OH-) when dissolved in water; a basic solution has a pH greater than 7.
5 Multiple choice questions
- specific place where a substrate binds on an enzyme.
- particle without a charge in an atom's nucleus
- pure substance with unique properties; formed when two or more different elements combine.
- substance in which another substance is dissolved.
- substance formed by a chemical reaction; located on the right side of the arrow in a chemical equation.
5 True/False questions
solute → homogeneous mixture formed when a substance (the solute) is dissolved in another substance (the solvent).
substrate → substance that releases hydroxide ions (OH-) when dissolved in water; a basic solution has a pH greater than 7.
carbohydrate → organic compound containing carbon, hydrogen, and oxygen in a ratio of on oxygen and two hydrogen atoms for each carbon atom.
isotope → two or more atoms of the same element having different numbers of neutrons.
macromolecule → large molecule formed by joining smaller organic molecules together