5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- psychology dependence
- Thyroid gland
- a an addiction in which the mind sends the body a message that it needs more of a drug.
- b Arousal and relaxation, sense of well being. Heart disease, cancer
- c This produces hormones that regulate metabolism, body heat, and bone growth.
- d Enhanced sensation, relief of pain, distortion of time, relaxation. Impaired learning and memory, increased risk of psychological disorders , lung damage from smoke
- e Gap between neurons
5 Multiple choice questions
- Schizophrenia. Parkinson's diseases.
- controls voluntary movements of skeletal muscles
- AUTONOMIC controls self-regulated action of internal organs and glands
- Pituitary gland is also called the
5 True/False questions
Hormones → nerve cells
Ecstasy is a → Rush of euphoria, confidence, energy. Cardiovascular stress, suspiciousness, depressive crash
myelin sheath → Euphoria, alertness, energy. Irritability, insomnia, hypertension, seizures.
Neurotransmitters → nerve cells
Pituitary gland → regulates your growth, has many different hormones.