5 Written questions
4 Matching questions
- sypnatic cleft
- myelin sheath
- a Arousal and relaxation, sense of well being. Heart disease, cancer
- b sends message without touching
- c helps control alertness and arousal
- d insulates the axon from neural activity
5 Multiple choice questions
- Euphoria, alertness, energy. Irritability, insomnia, hypertension, seizures.
- occurs when a person's reaction to a drug decreases so they need larger and larger doses to have the same effect
- Adult dreams can be traced to erotic wishes.
5 True/False questions
Narcolepsy → are chemicals synthesized by the endocrine glands that are secreted in the bloodstream
Marijuana → Enhanced sensation, relief of pain, distortion of time, relaxation. Impaired learning and memory, increased risk of psychological disorders , lung damage from smoke
Ecstasy is a → Emotional elevation, disinhibition. Dehydration, overheating, depressed mood, impaired cognitive and immune functioning.
Lack of norepinephrine can cause → depression
Thyroid gland → This produces hormones that regulate metabolism, body heat, and bone growth.