5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Han Dynasty
- a A Hindu god considered the creator of the world.
- b A Hindu god considered the preserver of the world
- c The dynasty that ruled China for more than 100 years; divided into two periods - each lasting two centuries.
- d Grandson of Chandragupta; most honored emperor for his commitment to spreading peace and prosperity to all; was Buddhist but accepted other religions; decline came after his death
- e The process of making conquered peoples part of Chinese culture.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Golden Age of India; ruled through central government but allowed village power; restored Hinduism
- Relating to a society in which men hold the greatest legal and moral authority
- one of India's greatest writers. Might have been court poet for Chandra Gupta II. Famous play - Shakuntala - girl who falls in love w/ and marries a King.
- Relating to a social system in which the mother is head of the family
- A Hindu god considered the destroyer of the world.
5 True/False questions
Theravada → People who held to the Buddha's stricter, original teachings
Religious Toleration → Acceptance of religious differences
Mahayana → one of India's greatest writers. Might have been court poet for Chandra Gupta II. Famous play - Shakuntala - girl who falls in love w/ and marries a King.
Civil Service → Government workers; 18 ranks of jobs
Silk Roads → A system of ancient caravan routes across Central Asia, along which traders carried silk and other trade goods.