5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Civil Service
- Centralized Government
- a People who accepted the new doctrines that the Buddhists had
- b A government in which a central authority controls the running of a state.
- c A Hindu god considered the destroyer of the world.
- d Relating to a society in which men hold the greatest legal and moral authority
- e Government workers; 18 ranks of jobs
5 Multiple choice questions
- Mounded stone structures built over holy relics
- A Hindu god considered the creator of the world.
- The dynasty that ruled China for more than 100 years; divided into two periods - each lasting two centuries.
- one of India's greatest writers. Might have been court poet for Chandra Gupta II. Famous play - Shakuntala - girl who falls in love w/ and marries a King.
- Grandson of Chandragupta; most honored emperor for his commitment to spreading peace and prosperity to all; was Buddhist but accepted other religions; decline came after his death
5 True/False questions
Religious Toleration → Acceptance of religious differences
Mauryan Empire → The first state to unify most of the Indian subcontinent. It was founded by Chandragupta Maurya in 324 B.C.E. and survived until 184 B.C.E. From its capital at Pataliputra in the Ganges Valley it grew wealthy from taxes. (184)
Matriarchal → Relating to a society in which men hold the greatest legal and moral authority
Monopoly → Exclusive control or possession of something
Vishnu → A Hindu god considered the preserver of the world