5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Mauryan Empire
- a Relating to a society in which men hold the greatest legal and moral authority
- b Exclusive control or possession of something
- c The process of making conquered peoples part of Chinese culture.
- d A Hindu god considered the preserver of the world
- e The first state to unify most of the Indian subcontinent. It was founded by Chandragupta Maurya in 324 B.C.E. and survived until 184 B.C.E. From its capital at Pataliputra in the Ganges Valley it grew wealthy from taxes. (184)
5 Multiple choice questions
- one of India's greatest writers. Might have been court poet for Chandra Gupta II. Famous play - Shakuntala - girl who falls in love w/ and marries a King.
- The dynasty that ruled China for more than 100 years; divided into two periods - each lasting two centuries.
- A Hindu god considered the creator of the world.
- Acceptance of religious differences
- The Dravidian language spoken since prehistoric times by the Tamil people in southern India and Sri Lanka
5 True/False questions
Shiva → A Hindu god considered the destroyer of the world.
Centralized Government → Acceptance of religious differences
Silk Roads → A system of ancient caravan routes across Central Asia, along which traders carried silk and other trade goods.
Matriarchal → Relating to a social system in which the mother is head of the family
Mahayana → People who accepted the new doctrines that the Buddhists had