5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Mauryan Empire
- a People who held to the Buddha's stricter, original teachings
- b The process of making conquered peoples part of Chinese culture.
- c The Dravidian language spoken since prehistoric times by the Tamil people in southern India and Sri Lanka
- d Grandson of Chandragupta; most honored emperor for his commitment to spreading peace and prosperity to all; was Buddhist but accepted other religions; decline came after his death
- e The first state to unify most of the Indian subcontinent. It was founded by Chandragupta Maurya in 324 B.C.E. and survived until 184 B.C.E. From its capital at Pataliputra in the Ganges Valley it grew wealthy from taxes. (184)
5 Multiple choice questions
- A Hindu god considered the preserver of the world
- Mounded stone structures built over holy relics
- A Hindu god considered the creator of the world.
- Exclusive control or possession of something
- Government workers; 18 ranks of jobs
5 True/False questions
Centralized Government → A government in which a central authority controls the running of a state.
Han Dynasty → The dynasty that ruled China for more than 100 years; divided into two periods - each lasting two centuries.
Silk Roads → Mounded stone structures built over holy relics
Religious Toleration → The process of making conquered peoples part of Chinese culture.
Matriarchal → Relating to a social system in which the mother is head of the family