5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Silk Roads
- a A Hindu god considered the preserver of the world
- b one of India's greatest writers. Might have been court poet for Chandra Gupta II. Famous play - Shakuntala - girl who falls in love w/ and marries a King.
- c Mounded stone structures built over holy relics
- d The Dravidian language spoken since prehistoric times by the Tamil people in southern India and Sri Lanka
- e A system of ancient caravan routes across Central Asia, along which traders carried silk and other trade goods.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The dynasty that ruled China for more than 100 years; divided into two periods - each lasting two centuries.
- Relating to a social system in which the mother is head of the family
- People who held to the Buddha's stricter, original teachings
- Grandson of Chandragupta; most honored emperor for his commitment to spreading peace and prosperity to all; was Buddhist but accepted other religions; decline came after his death
- People who accepted the new doctrines that the Buddhists had
5 True/False questions
Gupta Empire → Golden Age of India; ruled through central government but allowed village power; restored Hinduism
Civil Service → Government workers; 18 ranks of jobs
Shiva → Mounded stone structures built over holy relics
Assimilation → Grandson of Chandragupta; most honored emperor for his commitment to spreading peace and prosperity to all; was Buddhist but accepted other religions; decline came after his death
Patriarchal → Relating to a society in which men hold the greatest legal and moral authority