5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Religious Toleration
- Gupta Empire
- a Acceptance of religious differences
- b A Hindu god considered the creator of the world.
- c Golden Age of India; ruled through central government but allowed village power; restored Hinduism
- d Exclusive control or possession of something
- e People who held to the Buddha's stricter, original teachings
5 Multiple choice questions
- The Dravidian language spoken since prehistoric times by the Tamil people in southern India and Sri Lanka
- The first state to unify most of the Indian subcontinent. It was founded by Chandragupta Maurya in 324 B.C.E. and survived until 184 B.C.E. From its capital at Pataliputra in the Ganges Valley it grew wealthy from taxes. (184)
- The process of making conquered peoples part of Chinese culture.
- A Hindu god considered the destroyer of the world.
- one of India's greatest writers. Might have been court poet for Chandra Gupta II. Famous play - Shakuntala - girl who falls in love w/ and marries a King.
5 True/False questions
Matriarchal → Relating to a social system in which the mother is head of the family
Mahayana → one of India's greatest writers. Might have been court poet for Chandra Gupta II. Famous play - Shakuntala - girl who falls in love w/ and marries a King.
Vishnu → A Hindu god considered the destroyer of the world.
Han Dynasty → The dynasty that ruled China for more than 100 years; divided into two periods - each lasting two centuries.
Patriarchal → Relating to a society in which men hold the greatest legal and moral authority