5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Centralized Government
- Gupta Empire
- a Mounded stone structures built over holy relics
- b Exclusive control or possession of something
- c A Hindu god considered the destroyer of the world.
- d Golden Age of India; ruled through central government but allowed village power; restored Hinduism
- e A government in which a central authority controls the running of a state.
5 Multiple choice questions
- People who held to the Buddha's stricter, original teachings
- People who accepted the new doctrines that the Buddhists had
- Acceptance of religious differences
- The process of making conquered peoples part of Chinese culture.
- one of India's greatest writers. Might have been court poet for Chandra Gupta II. Famous play - Shakuntala - girl who falls in love w/ and marries a King.
5 True/False questions
Vishnu → A Hindu god considered the preserver of the world
Patriarchal → Relating to a society in which men hold the greatest legal and moral authority
Asoka → Grandson of Chandragupta; most honored emperor for his commitment to spreading peace and prosperity to all; was Buddhist but accepted other religions; decline came after his death
Tamil → A Hindu god considered the creator of the world.
Mauryan Empire → Golden Age of India; ruled through central government but allowed village power; restored Hinduism