What is the intra-operative care for C/S (10)?
1. Assist w/ spinal or epidural placement
2. best practice- FHR check before the incision, may omit if ER situation (external doppler)
3. Abdominal prep- betadine allergy?
4. POSITION pt. wedge under side to keep her off vena cava
5. Restrain legs- pad pressure points w/ blanket to prevent injury
6. Assess urine output/color on a timely basis, be sure the drainage bag is in view
7. Ground pt. when electrocautery is used- thigh best site
8. Oxygen mask applied
9. CRNA; monitors VS, EKG, IV
10. Surgical counts- scurb and circulator, inform MD