5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a______is a compound that lowers the concentration of hydrogen ions in a solution.
- what are lipids
- how are nucleotides linked together to form nucleic acids
- 1 starch
- the sugar found in ribonucleotides of RNA is____________
- a ribose
- b lipids are hydrophobic molecules composed primarily of hydrogen and carbon.
- c the phosphate group of one nucleotide is covalently linked to the sugar of the second nucleotide
- d base
- e 1. moderate branching
3. highly branched
5 Multiple choice questions
- dehydration synthesis is specific type of condensation reaction involving the loss of a water molecule.
condensation reactions and dehydration synthesis occur when two or more molecules combine to form a larger molecule.
- DNA and RNA
4. nucleic acid
5 True/False questions
what are the major differences between dehydration reactions and hydrolysis reactions → A sugar is broken down into fructose and glucose molecules
A strand of DNS is broken down into individual nucleotides
what regions of a phospholipid bilayer face water and which face the interior of the membrane aways from water? → the polar regions face water, and the nonpolar regions face the interior.
how are structural isomers and stereoisomers different form one another? → only stereoisomer have identical bonding relationships but different structures
only structural isomers contain the same atoms,but with different bonding relationships.
what is determined by the expression of genetic information? → what type of cell is formed(liver or muscle)
the identity of an organism (eg human or mouse)
how many polypeptides are involved in the quaternary structure of a protein → at least two polypeptides