5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- what bonding properties of carbon allow for the creation of groups of atoms with distinct shapes and functions?
- what regions of a phospholipid bilayer face water and which face the interior of the membrane aways from water?
- 1. DNA
- isomers are formed with the same atoms but with different bonding relationships
- The ______,____and______structtural levels of a protein describe a protein with a single polypeptide chain.
- a 1. transmission of genetic information to daughter cells
2. transfer of genetic information into protein
3. store of genetic information
4. decoding genetic information
- b 1.primary
- c the polar regions face water, and the nonpolar regions face the interior.
- d structural
- e 1.carbon containing molecules can form isomer.
2. carbon can form four covalent bonds.
3. carbon can create double and triple bonds.
5 Multiple choice questions
- L-glucose and D-glucose
- lipids are hydrophobic molecules composed primarily of hydrogen and carbon.
- polymers are broken down one monomer at a time by the addition of water.
5 True/False questions
which of the following describe sugar → The simplest sugar are monosaccharides
sugar contain carbon, hydrogen, and oxygen
sugar store energy in their chemical bonds.
the four nitrogenous bases present in DNA are__________,___________,____,and______ → nitrogen
what four bases are found in RNA? → cytosine
_____are large molecules made from smaller organic molecules. → large molecules that are form by joining smaller molecules together
2. metabolic enzymes
4.DNA → 1.the linear sequence of amino acids
2. two or more interacting polypeptides
3. repetitive folding patterns such as a helix and B pleated sheet
4. the three- dimensional structure of a polypeptide