5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- The ______,____and______structtural levels of a protein describe a protein with a single polypeptide chain.
- which of the following describe sugar
- the building blocks of nucleic acids are monomers called
- why do phospholipids arrage into bilayers
- what are the structural components of a polypeptide
- a The simplest sugar are monosaccharides
sugar contain carbon, hydrogen, and oxygen
sugar store energy in their chemical bonds.
- b 1.N-terminus
- c nucleotides
- d the bilayers is the most energetically favorable arrangement in aqueous solution.
the hydrophillic ends attract water while the hydrophobic ends exclude water
- e 1.primary
5 Multiple choice questions
- only stereoisomer have identical bonding relationships but different structures
only structural isomers contain the same atoms,but with different bonding relationships.
- 1. contain one double bonded carbon
2. liquid at room temperature
3. contain no double bonded carbons
- proteins are polymers essential to nearly all life processes
5 True/False questions
isomers have identical bonding, but the atoms are positioned differently, resulting mirror images. → enantiomers
If a protein may contain several different domains and each domain has____function → deoxyribose
isomers are formed with the same atoms but with different bonding relationships → structural
4.terteary → 1. transmission of genetic information to daughter cells
2. transfer of genetic information into protein
3. store of genetic information
4. decoding genetic information
what are the two major classes of nucleic acids? → waxes