5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- nitrogenous bases consist of a double or single ring of __________and ______________atoms
- isomers have identical bonding relationships but the atoms are positioned differently around bonds
- what are the major differences between dehydration reactions and hydrolysis reactions
- what occurs during hydrolysis reactions?
- The ______,____and______structtural levels of a protein describe a protein with a single polypeptide chain.
- a 1.primary
- b polymers are broken down one monomer at a time by the addition of water.
- c nitrogen
- d dehydration reactions involve the loss of water and hydrolysis reactions involve the addition of water
dehydration reactions form polymers hydrolysis reactions break down polymers into monomers.
- e cis-trans isomers
5 Multiple choice questions
- amino and carbonyl
single or double carbon ring
- 1. carbon bonds are stable across a broad range of temperatures.
2. carbon can form four covalent bonds with other atoms.
3 carbon can form both polar and nonpolar bonds
5 True/False questions
how are structural isomers and stereoisomers different form one another? → polymers are large macromolecules composed of many monomers linked together
what are lipids → proteins are polymers essential to nearly all life processes
2. metabolic enzymes
4.DNA → 1. transmission of genetic information to daughter cells
2. transfer of genetic information into protein
3. store of genetic information
4. decoding genetic information
Steroids all contain_______fused rings of carbon atoms with one or more polar __ groups attached to the ring structure → 4
what are the two enantiomer of glucose → L-glucose and D-glucose