5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- what are the two enantiomer of glucose
- how are structural isomers and stereoisomers different form one another?
- If a protein may contain several different domains and each domain has____function
- what are lipids
- ____bridges can form between the side chains of two cysteine amino acids.
- a lipids are hydrophobic molecules composed primarily of hydrogen and carbon.
- b only stereoisomer have identical bonding relationships but different structures
only structural isomers contain the same atoms,but with different bonding relationships.
- c different
- d L-glucose and D-glucose
- e disulfide
5 Multiple choice questions
- dehydration reactions involve the loss of water and hydrolysis reactions involve the addition of water
dehydration reactions form polymers hydrolysis reactions break down polymers into monomers.
- proteins are polymers essential to nearly all life processes
- 1. energy storage
2. create a barrier to water loss
3. form hormones important in reproduction
4. plasma membrane structure
- the phosphate group of one nucleotide is covalently linked to the sugar of the second nucleotide
5 True/False questions
what are the major classes of lipids → L-glucose and D-glucose
unsaturated fat have _________melting point that saturated fats → L-glucose and D-glucose
4. RNA → 1. transmission of genetic information to daughter cells
2. transfer of genetic information into protein
3. store of genetic information
4. decoding genetic information
what occurs during hydrolysis reactions? → polymers are broken down one monomer at a time by the addition of water.
which of the following describe sugar → The repeating helical structure that is formed by a polypeptide backbone