5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- how are monomers and polymers related to one another
- what regions of a phospholipid bilayer face water and which face the interior of the membrane aways from water?
- what is determined by the expression of genetic information?
- how are structural isomers and stereoisomers different form one another?
- what type of bonds is responsible for the base pairing between two strands of DNA in the double helix?
- a polymers are large macromolecules composed of many monomers linked together
- b the polar regions face water, and the nonpolar regions face the interior.
- c Hydrogen
- d what type of cell is formed(liver or muscle)
the identity of an organism (eg human or mouse)
- e only stereoisomer have identical bonding relationships but different structures
only structural isomers contain the same atoms,but with different bonding relationships.
5 Multiple choice questions
- 1.carbon containing molecules can form isomer.
2. carbon can form four covalent bonds.
3. carbon can create double and triple bonds.
- 1. contain one double bonded carbon
2. liquid at room temperature
3. contain no double bonded carbons
- dehydration reactions involve the loss of water and hydrolysis reactions involve the addition of water
dehydration reactions form polymers hydrolysis reactions break down polymers into monomers.
- proteins are polymers essential to nearly all life processes
5 True/False questions
4. RNA → 1. transmission of genetic information to daughter cells
2. transfer of genetic information into protein
3. store of genetic information
4. decoding genetic information
Steroids all contain_______fused rings of carbon atoms with one or more polar __ groups attached to the ring structure → lower
what of the following are examples of hydrolysis reactions → polymers are broken down one monomer at a time by the addition of water.
Glycogen → L-glucose and D-glucose
what four bases are found in RNA? → cytosine