5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- how many polypeptides are involved in the quaternary structure of a protein
- 1. starch
2. metabolic enzymes
- which of the following describe sugar
- If a protein may contain several different domains and each domain has____function
- a 1.carbohydratre
4. nucleic acid
- b The simplest sugar are monosaccharides
sugar contain carbon, hydrogen, and oxygen
sugar store energy in their chemical bonds.
- c different
- d cytosine
- e at least two polypeptides
5 Multiple choice questions
- 1. adenine
- dehydration reactions involve the loss of water and hydrolysis reactions involve the addition of water
dehydration reactions form polymers hydrolysis reactions break down polymers into monomers.
5 True/False questions
what are the structural components of a polypeptide → carbon
single or double carbon ring
a______is a compound that lowers the concentration of hydrogen ions in a solution. → disulfide
what is determined by the expression of genetic information? → when one protein binds to another, this is called a protein- protein interaction
which of the following describes the relationship between condensation reactions and dehydration synthesis → hydrogen
what bonding properties of carbon allow for the creation of groups of atoms with distinct shapes and functions? → 1. carbon bonds are stable across a broad range of temperatures.
2. carbon can form four covalent bonds with other atoms.
3 carbon can form both polar and nonpolar bonds