5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- the building blocks of nucleic acids are monomers called
- what is determined by the expression of genetic information?
- the four nitrogenous bases present in DNA are__________,___________,____,and______
- ____bridges can form between the side chains of two cysteine amino acids.
- a disulfide
- b 1. adenine
- c what type of cell is formed(liver or muscle)
the identity of an organism (eg human or mouse)
- d cytosine
- e nucleotides
5 Multiple choice questions
- when one protein binds to another, this is called a protein- protein interaction
- 1.the linear sequence of amino acids
2. two or more interacting polypeptides
3. repetitive folding patterns such as a helix and B pleated sheet
4. the three- dimensional structure of a polypeptide
- large molecules that are form by joining smaller molecules together
5 True/False questions
what type of bonds is responsible for the base pairing between two strands of DNA in the double helix? → 1.carbon containing molecules can form isomer.
2. carbon can form four covalent bonds.
3. carbon can create double and triple bonds.
2. metabolic enzymes
4.DNA → 1.carbohydratre
4. nucleic acid
what are the major differences between dehydration reactions and hydrolysis reactions → A sugar is broken down into fructose and glucose molecules
A strand of DNS is broken down into individual nucleotides
1.monounsaturated fatty acids
2. polyunsaturated fatty acids
3. saturated fatty acid → lower
isomers have identical bonding, but the atoms are positioned differently, resulting mirror images. → cis-trans isomers