5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- C is pair with
- 5' refers to
- a 5'PO4. 1 strand of the DNA has a phosphate attached at the number 5 carbon of the sugar. -> Termed the five prime (5') end
- b Replication is bidirectional -> Replication begins at specific starting point -> Proceeds in opposite directions -> Allows replication to proceed more quickly
- c Messenger RNA -> type of RNA molecule that is translated during protein synthesis.
- d Is a fragment of RNA. Numerous transcripts can be produced from one chromosome
- e G -> C:G. G is bound to C by three hydrogen bond
5 Multiple choice questions
- T -> A:T. A is bound to T by two hydrogen bonds
- 1) Strands are complementary to each other -> Due to the specific base pairing of bases -> A:T and C:G 2) Strands are held together with hydrogen bonds -> A is bound to T by two hydrogen bonds and G is bound to C by three hydrogen bond
- 1) Not all genes subjected to regulation 2) Enzymes can be classified according to characteristics of regulation 2.1) Constitutive enzymes 2.2) Inducible enzymes 2.3) Repressible enzymes
- Is when you separate the 2 strands of a DNA
5 True/False questions
Reading frame → Grouping of a stretch of nucleotides into sequential triplets; an mRNA molecule has 3 reading frames, but only 1 is typically used in translation.
Antigenic variation → Alteration in characteristics of certain surface proteins -> Example: Neisseria gonorrhoeae hides from host immunity by changing numerous surface proteins
RNA polymerase → Grouping of a stretch of nucleotides into sequential triplets; an mRNA molecule has 3 reading frames, but only 1 is typically used in translation.
Constitutive enzymes → Inducible enzymes -> Not regularly produced -> turned on in certain conditions -> Β-galactosidase
(C) → Thymine