8 Main characteristics of L-S perspective
1. Development is LIFELONG:no one age dominates dvlmt.
2. Development is MULTIDIMENSIONAL (bio, cognitive,socioemotional)
3. Development is MULTIDIRECTIONAL.some components Increase/decrease
4. Development is PLASTIC. involves degree to which characteristics change or remain stable.
5. Development is MULTIDISCIPLINARY. Mult. fields, psychologists, anthro. neuroscience, medical.
6. Development is CONTEXTUAL. Individuals respond and act on contexts. Bio,physical environment, cog processes, social, historical, and cultural contexts.
7. Development involves conflicts and competition among 3 goals of GROWTH,MAINTENANCE,REGULATION.
8. Development is a co-construction of BIOLOGY(genetics),CULTURE(social norms),INDIVIDUAL's own volition.