Upgrade to remove ads
Bio Ch 12-13
Terms in this set (16)
The death of all members of many different species around the same time usually caused by a large ecological disaster
The HMS beagle was utilized to sail to sub-coast of South America to survey the coast by whom?
All the individuals of a species that live together in one place at the same time
Process by which species change over time
A group of organisms that can reproduce to produce fertile offspring
The process by which species change in responce to their environment
A change in a species that results in response to the environment
Who were the first vertebrates
Who evolved first homosomething or Neanderthals
Who can evolve?
What is one of the biggest advantages of artifical selection?
Humans get to pick the traits they want
What is the idea that the location in the world determines the differences among population
What is embryology?
the study of embryos
What is the change in the appearance of a species over time?
Describe the four parts of Darwin's theory of evolution (has to be in order)
1. Overproduction - not enough resources for all the organisms
2. Variation - there is a lot of different traits to chose from
3. Selection - when the traits that are most favorable from the environment become dominant
4. Adaptation - the new domininant traits become the norm
Describe the updates to Darwin's theory
- Populations evolve not individuals otherwise it is just a mutation
- You can not evolution because you can not predict changes in the environment
- Traits have to be able to be inherited because something that is not inherited can not be passed down
THIS SET IS OFTEN IN FOLDERS WITH...
Bio Chapter 7
Bio Sem. Test
Chapter 9 Bio
Biology Ch 19 Test
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE...
Biology Ch 16
Darwin and Natural Selection Quiz
OTHER SETS BY THIS CREATOR
Bio Chapter 39
Ch 38 Biology
Ch. 4B Realidades 2