5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- is cholesterol soluble in water?
- enterogastric reflex
- In the cephalic phase, reflexes from the ___-based senses stimulate increased gastric activity.
- isovolumetric relaxation
- Stroke Volume
- a not soluble in water
- b head
- c The enterogastric reflex specifically inhibits the intestinal phase by stimulating sympathetic activity and secretion of cholecystokinin which, in turn, decrease motility and delay emptying.
- d early in diastole, all heart valves are closed, ventricles are relaxing but pressure is still higher than atrial pressure so no blood is flowing into ventricles yet.
- e amount of blood pumped out of ventricle with one contraction (SV= EDV - ESV)
5 Multiple choice questions
- parietal cells in the gastric glands of the stomach
- salivary and pacreatic enzymes
- bile salts
- BPG increase causes decrease in bound O2 on hemoglobin
- very large vein in the trunk formed by fusion fo the jugular and subclavian veins. It then emties into the Superior Venae Cavae.
5 True/False questions
cause of expiration during normal, quiet breathing? → passive recoil of the lungs and chest wall
clotting problems and electrolyte imbalances are disorders of what blood element? → plasma
bile salts and pancreatic enzymes digest what substance? → veins to prevent backflow
effect of hypercalcemia on the heart → BPG increase causes decrease in bound O2 on hemoglobin
pCO2 affect on pH → the volume ejected from the ventricle into the aorta each minute (HR x SV = CO)