5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- chief cells in the stomach secrete ___
- cardiac output
- where is hydrochloric acid produced?
- the basilic and brachial veins of the upper arm empty into the ___ vein
- a the volume ejected from the ventricle into the aorta each minute (HR x SV = CO)
- b parietal cells in the gastric glands of the stomach
- c pepsinogen
- d yellow or greenish liquid secreted by the liver that aids in absorption and digestion of lipids (fats)
- e axillary
5 Multiple choice questions
- enzyme that breaks down proteins during digestion
- relatively low (high pressure causes edema)
- surface tension
- time the atrioventricular valves are open. Bridges all of ventricular systole and diastole
5 True/False questions
dehydration synthesis → opposite of hydrolysis. anabolic reacition that joins two molecules by removing water.
pCO2 affect on pH → the volume ejected from the ventricle into the aorta each minute (HR x SV = CO)
thrombocytosis → high blood platelet count
when blood pH decreases does more or less O2 become available for tissues? → more O2 is released from hemoglobin in response to the increased acidity making more O2 available to tissues.
metalloproteins → blood component that transports metal ions (ie iron) in blood stream