5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- the basilic and brachial veins of the upper arm empty into the ___ vein
- pCO2 affect on hemoglobin O2 sat
- gastric chief cells produce ___ which is then converted to pepsin
- gastroileal reflex
- Intestinal phase
- a opens ileocecal valve allowing materials to move from small intestine to alrge intestine.
- b axillary
- c begins when chyme enters small intestines. controls rate of gastric emptying to allow max absoption of nutrients.
- d pCO2 increase causes decrease in pH (acidosis) which decreases hemoglobin O2 sat
- e pepsinogen
5 Multiple choice questions
- blood components that carry cholesterol through the blood stream.
- high blood platelet count
- very large vein in the trunk formed by fusion fo the jugular and subclavian veins. It then emties into the Superior Venae Cavae.
- bile salts
- reduce surface tension for easier expansion during inspiration
5 True/False questions
two functions of glycogenolysis → 1-maintain blood glucose level
2-provide energy during fight-or-flight response
parietal cells in the stomach secrete ___ ___ → hydrochloric acid
which is an active process and which is passive inpiration/expiration? → pepsinogen
___ is primarily water with small amounts of enzymes that initiate the breakdown of carbohydrates → lipids
emulsion → enzyme that breaks down proteins during digestion