5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Where in the cardiovascular system is blood pressure normally the highest?
- pyloric sphincter
- alkalosis affect on hemoglobin O2 sat
- does low blood pH increase or decrease RBC metabolic rates?
- Leukemia is a disorder of what blood element?
- a structure that allows communication between the inferior stomach and the duodenum of the small intestine
- b acidity increases RBC metabolic rates
- c increase in pH leads to increase in hemoglobin O2 sat
- d the systemic circuit
- e WBC (leukocytes)
5 Multiple choice questions
- begins when you smell, think of or taste food. directed by CNS, prepares stomach to receive food. speeds up production of gastric juices.
- brachial vein
- Arteriolar smooth muscles contract in vascular spasm
5 True/False questions
clotting problems and electrolyte imbalances are disorders of what blood element? → Anemia is a deficiency in oxygen-carrying red blood cells (erythrocytes)
BPG affect on hemoglobin O2 sat → BPG increase causes decrease in bound O2 on hemoglobin
the basilic and brachial veins of the upper arm empty into the ___ vein → hydrochloric acid
hydrolysis → catabolism of carbs (ie- glucose) by enzymes for the release of energy and pyruvic acid
How does the body respond to increased CO2 in the blood stream? → break down or emulsify fat droplets