5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- surfactant in alveoli decreases ___ ___
- chief cells in the stomach secrete ___
- pCO2 affect on hemoglobin O2 sat
- Longest stage of the cardiac cycle?
- cephalic phase of gastric secretion
- a time the atrioventricular valves are open. Bridges all of ventricular systole and diastole
- b pepsinogen
- c pCO2 increase causes decrease in pH (acidosis) which decreases hemoglobin O2 sat
- d surface tension
- e begins when you smell, think of or taste food. directed by CNS, prepares stomach to receive food. speeds up production of gastric juices.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Heart irritability is increased
- catabolism of carbs (ie- glucose) by enzymes for the release of energy and pyruvic acid
- acidity increases RBC metabolic rates
- BPG increase causes decrease in bound O2 on hemoglobin
- Small arteries are more muscular than large arteries
5 True/False questions
gastroileal reflex → stimulates motility of small intestine to accelerate movement
glycogen conversion to glucose, is this catabolic or anabolic? → catabolic
In the gastric phase, ___ receptors and ___ reactions control gastric activity. → begins when you smell, think of or taste food. directed by CNS, prepares stomach to receive food. speeds up production of gastric juices.
pepsinogen is secreted by what type of cells? → Potassium's effect on muscle cells causes contractions to become weak and irregular and eventually to stop.
dehydration synthesis → high blood platelet count