5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- bile salts and pancreatic enzymes digest what substance?
- gastroenteric reflex
- chief cells in the stomach secrete ___
- what affect does living at high altitude have on your erythrocytes?
- a stimulates motility of small intestine to accelerate movement
- b lipids
- c pepsinogen
- d increased erythrocyte production
- e breaking chemical bonds by adding water. Opposite of dehydration synthesis. catabolic
5 Multiple choice questions
- chief cells in the gastric glands of the stomach
- The alveolar pressure is less than atmospheric pressure during inspiration, but greater than atmospheric pressure during expiration.
- synthesizing glucose from a non-carbohydrate source such as fats or proteins.
- in the pancreas
- 1-cephalic phase
5 True/False questions
emulsion → deficiency in oxygen-carrying red blood cells (erythrocytes)
anemia → deficiency in oxygen-carrying red blood cells (erythrocytes)
metalloproteins → blood components that carry cholesterol through the blood stream.
pepsinogen → precursor (zymogen) of pepsin, secreted by chief cells in the stomach
function of surfactant produced by type II alveolar cells → chief cells in the gastric glands of the stomach