5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- clotting problems and electrolyte imbalances are disorders of what blood element?
- The segments of the colon are, in order:
- are valves found in veins or arteries?
- surface tension
- a plasma
- b veins to prevent backflow
- c contractive tendency of the surface of a liquid that allows it to resist an external force. (its why objects float on water)
- d ascending, transverse, descending, and sigmoid
- e breaking chemical bonds by adding water. Opposite of dehydration synthesis. catabolic
5 Multiple choice questions
- amount of blood pumped out of ventricle with one contraction (SV= EDV - ESV)
- early in ventricular systole, ventricles are contracting isometrically with all valves closed. Pressure is rising but no blood is flowing.
- begins when chyme enters small intestines. controls rate of gastric emptying to allow max absoption of nutrients.
- begins with arrival of food in the stomach.
5 True/False questions
The force of ventricular contraction ___ when venous return increases → increases
bile → deficiency in oxygen-carrying red blood cells (erythrocytes)
thrombocytopenia and thrombocytosis are disorders of what blood element? → WBC (leukocytes)
agglutination → colloidal suspension of a liquid in another liquid
___ is primarily water with small amounts of enzymes that initiate the breakdown of carbohydrates → cellulose