5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Treaty of Paris, 1783
- No taxation without representation
- Samuel Adams
- a quote often used that reflected the colonists' belief that they should not be taxed because they had no direct representatives in Parliament
- b Established in 1587. Called the Lost Colony. It was financed by Sir Walter Raleigh, and its leader in the New World was John White. All the settlers disappeared, and historians still don't know what became of them.
- c an economic policy under which nations sought to increase their wealth and power by obtaining large amounts of gold and silver and by selling more goods than they bought
- d Founder of the Sons of Liberty and one of the most vocal patriots for independence; signed the Declaration of Independence
- e This treaty ended the Revolutionary War, recognized the independence of the American colonies, and granted the colonies the territory from the southern border of Canada to the northern border of Florida, and from the Atlantic coast to the Mississippi River
5 Multiple choice questions
- in 1775 conflicts between Massachusetts Minutemen and British soldiers that started the Revolutionary War
- meeting of delegates in Philadelphia 1787 to revise the Articles of Confederation, which produced the new U.S. Constitution
- 1620 - The first agreement for self-government in America. It was signed by the 41 men on the Mayflower and set up a government for the Plymouth colony.
- September 1774, delegates from twelve colonies (GA didn't go) sent representatives to Philadelphia to discuss a response to the Intolerable Acts. Petition the British government to recognize colonists rights.
- Required the colonials to provide food, lodging, and supplies for the British troops in the colonies.
5 True/False questions
New England Economy → Patriot leader and president of the Second Continental Congress; first person to sign the Declaration of Independence.
Thomas Paine → Revolutionary leader who wrote the pamphlet Common Sense (1776) arguing for American independence from Britain. In England he published The Rights of Man
Marquis de Lafayette → The battle which was the turning point of the Revolution because after the colonists won this major victory, the French decided to support us with money, troops, ships, etc.
Benjamin Franklin → He was one of the English settlers at Jamestown (and he married Pocahontas). He discovered how to successfully grow tobacco in Virginia and cure it for export, which made Virginia an economically successful colony.
Intolerable Acts → Required the colonials to provide food, lodging, and supplies for the British troops in the colonies.