5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Visitation (Calling Hours, Visiting Hours)
- Prayer Rail
- Rosary Service
- a An official inquiry or examination usually before a coroner's jury to determine the cause of death.
- b A Roman Catholic prayer service for the repose of the soul of the departed.
- c See Prie Dieu.
- d Time set aside for friends and relatives to pay respect for the deceased prior to the funeral service.
- e Killing of a wife by her husband.
5 Multiple choice questions
- A person registered for instruction in embalming and/or funeral directing under the supervision of an authorized licensed embalmer and/or funeral director
- In the Jewish faith, the ceremony of washing the deceased before the burial; serves as a ritual purification or cleansing of the body and should be performed by the Chevra Kaddisha
- Those funeral arrangements made in advance of need that do not include provisions for funding or prepayment.
- A certificate issued by local government giving their permission for cremation of the deceased.
- (From the French "casse," a chest of valuable possessions); a case or receptacle into which human
5 True/False questions
Ecclesiastic → Of the church or clergy.
Monument → An erection of stone or other material commemorating the life, deeds or career of some deceased person.
Death Rate (Mortality Rate) → That portion of the funeral home especially designed and equipped for embalming the dead human remains.
Procession → The orderly movement of a dead body and of persons and vehicles during the period of the funeral to the place of final disposition; usually following the rites and ceremonies in a church or funeral home to the place of final disposition (furneral procession, cortege)
Sect → A mournful poem or song of lamentation for the dead.