5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Disinter (Exhumation)
- Calling Hours (Visiting Hours)
- a To remove from the grave or tomb; to dig up; exhume.
- b a. Group of clients; b. Those who adhere or resort to a person for professional help and advice.
- c Time at which the family and friends may view the deceased.
- d A process involving all activities associated with final disposition.
- e Killing of an entire people or nation.
5 Multiple choice questions
- See Narthex.
- In the Roman Catholic faith, a sacrament given to those seriously ill or in danger of death to prepare their souls for eternity.
- In the Jewish faith, a watcher; one who sits with the body until burial.
- A funeral rite that is in essence devoid of religious connotation.
- A pamphlet made available at the funeral service giving details about the deceased and the funeral arrangements.
5 True/False questions
Acolyte → An alter attendant.
Committal → In the Roman Catholic faith, a dignity conferred upon Bishops making them Princes of the Church.
Shroud → From the English "scrud"; a garment; clothing for the dead (poor usage except for Jewish); clothing for the dead (Jewish); a robe like garment
Death Certificate → A legal document containing vital statistic, disposition, and final medical information pertaining to the deceased.
Rosary Beads → Beads and a crucifix used as an aid in the recitation of prayers.