5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Transit Permit
- Prie-Dieu (Prayer Rail, Kneeler)
- a A receptacle to receive the casketed remains, providing protection against the elements of the earth; made of concrete, steel, fiberglass or copper
- b A kneeling rail.
- c The act of placing cremated remains in an urn.
- d In the Roman Catholic faith, a dignity conferred upon Bishops making them Princes of the Church.
- e The legal document authorizing transportation by common carrier, and disposal of human remains.
5 Multiple choice questions
- A structure, room or other space in a building or structure of more durable and lasting fireproof construction containing niches,
- In the Eastern Orthodox church, the open area before the altar.
- A specially designed room in the funeral home where the remains lie in state from the time of embalming until service, affording complete privacy to family and friends
- service is left to the discretion of each individual church and/or minister.
- To remove from the grave or tomb; to dig up; exhume.
5 True/False questions
Narthex (Lobby, Vestibule, Foyer) → The entry way into the funeral home or church.
Lot → A subdivision in a cemetery which consists of several grave or interment spaces.
Etiquette → Conventional requirements as to social behavior.
Acolyte → Any event performed in a solemn and prescribed manner.
Potters Field → The procession of vehicles from the place of the funeral to the place of interment.