5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- RNA transcription is similar to what process in DNA?
- Translation is to protein - as transcription is to?
- What does DNA stand for?
- What is Substitution?
- Adonine forms a hydrogen bond with?
- a When one base is substituted for another
- b Deoxyribonucleic Acid
- c DNA replication
- d mRNA because you translate codes to produce a protein and you transcribe codes for mRNA
- e Thymine
5 Multiple choice questions
- In the nucleus
- Amino Acids
- Deletion, Insertion and Substitution
- Adonine, Guanine, Cytosine and Thymine
- DNA and RNA
5 True/False questions
Define Deoxyribose? → building units composed of DNA. Consists of the four base groups, a deoxyribose sugar and a phosphate group
What are three parts of RNA? → 1) Single Stranded
2) Nucleic Acids - building blocks for nucleotides
3) Bases - Guanine, Adenine, Cytosine, Uracil
Which amino acids are represented by only one codon? → Methionine and Tryptophan
What is DNA's job? → The process of converting information in a sequence of nitrogenous bases in mRNA into a sequence of amino acids in proteins
Chart out DNA (nucleic acid) → DNA - Double chain structure - contains deoxyribose sugar - bases are adenine, cytosine, guanine and thymine - DNA is found in the nucleus - there aren't different types of DNA