5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Define Nucleotides?
- What are three types of RNA?
- Describe the genetic mutation - inversion?
- What genetic mutation does Sickle Cell Anemia have?
- What is a Silence mutation?
- a 1) Messanger RNA - mRNA
2) Transfer RNA - tRNA
3) Ribosomal RNA - rRNA
- b building units composed of DNA. Consists of the four base groups, a deoxyribose sugar and a phosphate group
- c Base substitution or Adding bases
- d When a substitution doesn't change the amino acid
- e Twisting of the DNA - flipped or switched around
5 Multiple choice questions
- 1) separation of the strands
2) base pairing
3) bonding of the bases
4) results of replication
- AGU; GAU; AAU
- The process of making RNA from DNA
- When one base is substituted for another
- Only one
5 True/False questions
Who were Watson and Crick? → Scientists who made models of molecules with structures to fit the data that Rosalind Franklin had discovered
Why is the structure of a DNA molecule described as a zipper? → 1) a phosphate
2) a deoxyribose sugar
3) Nitrogen bases (Adonine, Guanine, Cytosine & Thymine)
What does Transfer RNA do? → Transcribes information from the DNA in the nucleus and carries it to the cytoplasm, and then to the ribosome
What is Insertion? → When an extra base is inserted
Where does translation take place? → In the ribosomes in the cytoplasm