5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What is a Missense mutation?
- Who was Johann Miescher?
- RNA transcription is similar to what process in DNA?
- List the steps of copying DNA?
- What is a Silence mutation?
- a A Swiss physician who identified DNA; thought it was a simple molecule containing only four parts
- b When a substitution doesn't change the amino acid
- c DNA replication
- d 1) separation of the strands
2) base pairing
3) bonding of the bases
4) results of replication
- e When a substitution changes the amino acid
5 Multiple choice questions
- 1) replicate itself
2) be durable; strong structure
3) carry information to code for proteins
4) contain organic substances
- A scientist who studied material in dead bacteria; came to the conclusion that you could change harmless bacteria to harmful bacteria
- Deletion, Insertion and Substitution
- The process by which enzymes in the nucleus make an RNA copy of a portion of a DNA strand
- Adonine, Guanine, Cytosine and Thymine
5 True/False questions
What is translation? → The process of converting information in a sequence of nitrogenous bases in mRNA into a sequence of amino acids in proteins
What was Hershey and Chase? → Science lab on Long Island; used radioactively labeled viruses made of only protein and DNA; the viruses infected the bacteria and only transferred the DNA; concluded that genetic material in the viruses was DNA
Describe the genetic mutation - inversion? → Twisting of the DNA - flipped or switched around
Define Nucleotides? → building units composed of DNA. Consists of the four base groups, a deoxyribose sugar and a phosphate group
Define Phosphate Group? → A group composed of one phosphorus atom surrounded by four oxygen atoms