5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Define Nitrogenous Base?
- What are the three stop codons?
- Describe the genetic mutation - duplication?
- Chart out DNA (nucleic acid)
- What are the two Nucleic Acids?
- a AGU; GAU; AAU
- b A carbon ring structure that contains one or more atoms of nitrogen
- c DNA - Double chain structure - contains deoxyribose sugar - bases are adenine, cytosine, guanine and thymine - DNA is found in the nucleus - there aren't different types of DNA
- d DNA and RNA
- e The DNA is duplicated and there is too much information
5 Multiple choice questions
- 1) RNA is single stranded while DNA has a double helix
2) RNA has uracil while DNA has thymine
3) RNA has a ribose base while DNA has a deoxyribose base
- building units composed of DNA. Consists of the four base groups, a deoxyribose sugar and a phosphate group
- 1) replicate itself
2) be durable; strong structure
3) carry information to code for proteins
4) contain organic substances
- Amino Acids
- Deletion, Insertion and Substitution
5 True/False questions
What does Transfer RNA do? → Transcribes information from the DNA in the nucleus and carries it to the cytoplasm, and then to the ribosome
What was Hershey and Chase? → Science lab on Long Island; used radioactively labeled viruses made of only protein and DNA; the viruses infected the bacteria and only transferred the DNA; concluded that genetic material in the viruses was DNA
What is transcription? → The process of making RNA from DNA
Chart out RNA (nucleic acid) → DNA - Double chain structure - contains deoxyribose sugar - bases are adenine, cytosine, guanine and thymine - DNA is found in the nucleus - there aren't different types of DNA
How many types of amino acids are there? → Only one