5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- The nucleus of an atom contains...??
- Electron Shells
- Hydrogen Bonds
- Second shell of an atom can contain how many electrons?
- a Neutrons and protons.
- b A starting material in a chemical reaction.
- c A type of weak chemical bond formed when the partially positive hydrogen atom participating in a polar covalent bond in one molecule is attracted to the partially negative atom participating in a polar covalent bond in another molecule (or in another region of the same molecule).
- d 8
- e An energy level representing the distance of an electron from the nucleus of an atom.
5 Multiple choice questions
- A molecule containing polar covalent bonds and having an unequal distribution of charges.
- A covalent bond in which electrons are shared equally between two atoms of similar electronegativity.
- A substance that is dissolved in a solution.
- A covalent bond between atoms that differ in electronegativity. The shared electrons are pulled closer to the more electornegative atom, making it slightly negative and the other atom slightly positive.
- a substance consisting of two or more different elements combined in a fixed ratio.
5 True/False questions
Aqueous Solution → A solution in which water is the solvent.
Ion → An atom or group of atoms that has gained or lost one or more electrongs, thus acquiring a charge.
What 4 elements make up about 96% of living matter? → The attraction of a given atom for the electrons of a covalent bond.
Atomic Number → The number of protons in each atom of a particular element.
First shell of an atom can contain how many electrons? → 18