5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Ocean Acidification
- What 4 elements make up about 96% of living matter?
- Fourth shell of an atom can contain how many electrons?
- a Decreasing pH of ocean waters due to absoprtion of excess atmospheric CO2 from the burning of fossil fuels.
- b 18
- c The attraction between different kinds of molecules.
- d Measures the intensity of heat.
- e Oxygen, carbon, hydrogen, and nitrogen.
5 Multiple choice questions
- A compound resulting from the formation of ionic bonds; also called an ionic compound.
- A subsctance that cannot be broken down to other substance by ordinary chemcial means.
- The sum of the number of protons and neutrons in an atom's nucleus.
- The making and breaking of chemical bonds, leading to changes in the composition of matter.
5 True/False questions
Buffers → An atom's central core, containing protons and neutrons.
Compound → a substance consisting of two or more different elements combined in a fixed ratio.
pH Scale → A compound resulting from the formation of ionic bonds; also called an ionic compound.
Electronegativity → An energy level representing the distance of an electron from the nucleus of an atom.
Neutron → A liquid that is a homogeneous mixture of two or more substances.