5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Trace elements
- Second shell of an atom can contain how many electrons?
- Aqueous Solution
- a 8
- b Two or more atoms held together by covalent bonds.
- c A solution in which water is the solvent.
- d Measures the intensity of heat.
- e an element that is essential for life but required in extremely minute amounts.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The smallest unit of matter that retains the properties of an element.
- A substance that is dissolved in a solution.
- A compound resulting from the formation of ionic bonds; also called an ionic compound.
- Anything that occupies space and has mass.
- An attraction between two atoms resulting from a sharing of outer-shell electrons or the presence of opposite charges on the atoms. The bonded atoms gain complete outer electron shells.
5 True/False questions
Electron Shells → The attraction of a given atom for the electrons of a covalent bond.
Mass Number → The sum of the number of protons and neutrons in an atom's nucleus.
Solution → A liquid that is a homogeneous mixture of two or more substances.
Radioactive Isotope → An isotope whose nucleus decays spontaneously, giving off particles and energy.
Ion → An atom or group of atoms that has gained or lost one or more electrongs, thus acquiring a charge.