5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What 4 elements make up about 96% of living matter?
- a A subatomic particle with a single negative electrical charge. One or more electrons move around the nuclues of an atom.
- b a substance consisting of two or more different elements combined in a fixed ratio.
- c Oxygen, carbon, hydrogen, and nitrogen.
- d A substance that is dissolved in a solution.
- e The smallest unit of matter that retains the properties of an element.
5 Multiple choice questions
- A chemical bond resulting from the attraction between oppositely charged ions.
- Rain, snow or fog that is more acidic than pH 5.2.
- The making and breaking of chemical bonds, leading to changes in the composition of matter.
- An atom's central core, containing protons and neutrons.
- A compound resulting from the formation of ionic bonds; also called an ionic compound.
5 True/False questions
Polar Molecule → A molecule containing polar covalent bonds and having an unequal distribution of charges.
Aqueous Solution → A liquid that is a homogeneous mixture of two or more substances.
Adhesion → The attraction between different kinds of molecules.
Acid → A substance that increases the hydrogen ion concentration in a solution. 0 on pH scale is a strong acid.
Hydrogen Bonds → A type of weak chemical bond formed when the partially positive hydrogen atom participating in a polar covalent bond in one molecule is attracted to the partially negative atom participating in a polar covalent bond in another molecule (or in another region of the same molecule).