5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Second shell of an atom can contain how many electrons?
- Surface Tension
- a A substance that increases the hydrogen ion concentration in a solution. 0 on pH scale is a strong acid.
- b 8
- c A measure of how difficult it is to stretch or break the surface of a liquid. Water has a high surface tension because of the hydrogen bonding of surface molecules.
- d A starting material in a chemical reaction.
- e The attraction between different kinds of molecules.
5 Multiple choice questions
- A compound resulting from the formation of ionic bonds; also called an ionic compound.
- A scale we used to describe how acidic or basic a solution is. The scale ranges from 0-14, 0 being the most acidic and 14 being the most basic. 7 is neutral (pure water)
- A liquid that is a homogeneous mixture of two or more substances.
- One of several atomic forms of an element, each with teh same number of protons but different number of neutrons.
- Measures the intensity of heat.
5 True/False questions
Solute → A liquid that is a homogeneous mixture of two or more substances.
Hydrogen Bonds → An attraction between two atoms resulting from a sharing of outer-shell electrons or the presence of opposite charges on the atoms. The bonded atoms gain complete outer electron shells.
Ocean Acidification → Decreasing pH of ocean waters due to absoprtion of excess atmospheric CO2 from the burning of fossil fuels.
Element → A subsctance that cannot be broken down to other substance by ordinary chemcial means.
Acid Precipitation → The attraction between different kinds of molecules.