5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Evaporative Cooling
- Second shell of an atom can contain how many electrons?
- Chemical Bonds
- a 8
- b An ending material in a chemical reaction.
- c A liquid that is a homogeneous mixture of two or more substances.
- d occurs because the molecules with the greates energy leave.
- e An attraction between two atoms resulting from a sharing of outer-shell electrons or the presence of opposite charges on the atoms. The bonded atoms gain complete outer electron shells.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Decreasing pH of ocean waters due to absoprtion of excess atmospheric CO2 from the burning of fossil fuels.
- The sum of the number of protons and neutrons in an atom's nucleus.
- An energy level representing the distance of an electron from the nucleus of an atom.
- A measure of how difficult it is to stretch or break the surface of a liquid. Water has a high surface tension because of the hydrogen bonding of surface molecules.
- an element that is essential for life but required in extremely minute amounts.
5 True/False questions
What 4 elements make up about 96% of living matter? → Oxygen, carbon, hydrogen, and nitrogen.
Fourth shell of an atom can contain how many electrons? → 2
Atomic Number → The sum of the number of protons and neutrons in an atom's nucleus.
Nucleus → An atom's central core, containing protons and neutrons.
Aqueous Solution → A liquid that is a homogeneous mixture of two or more substances.