5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- First shell of an atom can contain how many electrons?
- What 4 elements make up about 96% of living matter?
- Evaporative Cooling
- a The dissolving agent of a solution. Water is the most versatile solvent known.
- b A subsctance that cannot be broken down to other substance by ordinary chemcial means.
- c occurs because the molecules with the greates energy leave.
- d Oxygen, carbon, hydrogen, and nitrogen.
- e 2
5 Multiple choice questions
- A molecule containing polar covalent bonds and having an unequal distribution of charges.
- The sum of the number of protons and neutrons in an atom's nucleus.
- A substance that decreases the hydrogen ion concentration in a solution. 14 is a strong base on the pH scale.
- A liquid that is a homogeneous mixture of two or more substances.
- The smallest unit of matter that retains the properties of an element.
5 True/False questions
Ocean Acidification → Rain, snow or fog that is more acidic than pH 5.2.
Electron Shells → An energy level representing the distance of an electron from the nucleus of an atom.
Electronegativity → The attraction of a given atom for the electrons of a covalent bond.
Electron → A subatomic particle with a single negative electrical charge. One or more electrons move around the nuclues of an atom.
Ion → The smallest unit of matter that retains the properties of an element.