5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Chemical Bonds
- Fourth shell of an atom can contain how many electrons?
- a 18
- b One of several atomic forms of an element, each with teh same number of protons but different number of neutrons.
- c The attraction between different kinds of molecules.
- d An attraction between two atoms resulting from a sharing of outer-shell electrons or the presence of opposite charges on the atoms. The bonded atoms gain complete outer electron shells.
- e An atom or group of atoms that has gained or lost one or more electrongs, thus acquiring a charge.
5 Multiple choice questions
- A solution in which water is the solvent.
- Anything that occupies space and has mass.
- A subatomic particle with a single positive electrical charge, found in the nucleus of an atom.
- An ending material in a chemical reaction.
- The sum of the number of protons and neutrons in an atom's nucleus.
5 True/False questions
Base → A substance that decreases the hydrogen ion concentration in a solution. 14 is a strong base on the pH scale.
Atomic Number → The number of protons in each atom of a particular element.
Second shell of an atom can contain how many electrons? → 18
Electron → A subatomic particle with a single negative electrical charge. One or more electrons move around the nuclues of an atom.
Solvent → The dissolving agent of a solution. Water is the most versatile solvent known.