5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Trace elements
- Nonpolar Covalent Bonds
- a A covalent bond in which electrons are shared equally between two atoms of similar electronegativity.
- b The attraction of a given atom for the electrons of a covalent bond.
- c A starting material in a chemical reaction.
- d An ending material in a chemical reaction.
- e an element that is essential for life but required in extremely minute amounts.
5 Multiple choice questions
- A subatomic particle with a single positive electrical charge, found in the nucleus of an atom.
- A molecule containing polar covalent bonds and having an unequal distribution of charges.
- A subsctance that cannot be broken down to other substance by ordinary chemcial means.
- The making and breaking of chemical bonds, leading to changes in the composition of matter.
5 True/False questions
Base → A compound resulting from the formation of ionic bonds; also called an ionic compound.
Molecule → A substance that is dissolved in a solution.
Adhesion → The attraction between different kinds of molecules.
Matter → The smallest unit of matter that retains the properties of an element.
Hydrogen Bonds → A type of weak chemical bond formed when the partially positive hydrogen atom participating in a polar covalent bond in one molecule is attracted to the partially negative atom participating in a polar covalent bond in another molecule (or in another region of the same molecule).