5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What is matter?
- What is a proton?
- What primarily determines how an atom behaves?
- The number of covalent bonds an atom can form is equal to what?
- What makes up the nucleus?
- a Anything that has mass and occupies space.
- b Electrons.
- c Protons and neutrons.
- d A subatomic particle w/ a single unit of positive electrical charge (+)
- e The number of additional electrons needed to fill its outer shell.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The sum of the number of protons and neutrons in its nucleus.
- The attraction btwn opposite charged ions.
- is one in which the nucleus decays, giving off particles of energy.
- The number of protons in an atom.
- The outer shell.
5 True/False questions
What are elements? → Elements that exist in different forms
Forms of an element that differ in mass
Same num of protons and electrons but diff num of neutrons
What is an atom? → A subatomic particle w/ a single unit of positive electrical charge (+)
The bond between the hydrogen atom of one water molecule and the oxygen atom of another water molecule is made possible by → the polarity of the water molecule
What is ion? → The term for atoms that are electronically charged as a result of gaining/losing electrons.
What is a molecule? → Atoms held together by covalent bonds.