5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What is an electron?
- What are isotopes?
- What is an atom?
- What is mass?
- What makes up the nucleus?
- a Elements that exist in different forms
Forms of an element that differ in mass
Same num of protons and electrons but diff num of neutrons
- b A subatomic particle w/ a negative charge.
- c The sum of the number of protons and neutrons in its nucleus.
- d Protons and neutrons.
- e The smallest unit of matter that still retains the properties of an element.
5 Multiple choice questions
- the atomic number.
- The number of electrons in the outermost shell.
- The number of protons in an atom.
- Substances that cannot be broken down into other substances.
5 True/False questions
What is a hydrogen bond? → Formed when a particularly positive atom from one polar molecule is attracted to the partially negative atoms in another molecule.
How many electrons can the 2nd and 3rd shell of an atom hold? → 2.
The tendency of water molecules to stick to each other is called → the number of electrons it has.
What is a neutron? → an electronically neutral subatomic particle.
Which part of the atom has the most energy? → The outer shell.