5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What are elements?
- What are the 4 most abundant elements in living cells?
- What are isotopes?
- What is matter?
- What is a proton?
- a Anything that has mass and occupies space.
- b Substances that cannot be broken down into other substances.
- c A subatomic particle w/ a single unit of positive electrical charge (+)
- d Elements that exist in different forms
Forms of an element that differ in mass
Same num of protons and electrons but diff num of neutrons
- e Oxygen, carbon, hydrogen, and nitrogen.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The number of protons in an atom.
- A compound held together by ionic bonds.
- A subatomic particle w/ a negative charge.
- The outer shell.
- The number of additional electrons needed to fill its outer shell.
5 True/False questions
What physical states is matter found in? → Solid
What is ion? → The sum of the number of protons and neutrons in its nucleus.
What determines the chemical properties of an atom? → The number of electrons in the outermost shell.
What is a chemical reactions? → Forms when 2 atoms share 1 or more pairs of outer shell electrons and forms a molecule.
What determines which element it is? → the atomic number.