5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What are the 4 most abundant elements in living cells?
- How many electrons can the 2nd and 3rd shell of an atom hold?
- What is a covalent bond?
- What is an ionic bond?
- The bond between the hydrogen atom of one water molecule and the oxygen atom of another water molecule is made possible by
- a Forms when 2 atoms share 1 or more pairs of outer shell electrons and forms a molecule.
- b The attraction btwn opposite charged ions.
- c up to 8 electrons.
- d the polarity of the water molecule
- e Oxygen, carbon, hydrogen, and nitrogen.
5 Multiple choice questions
- is one in which the nucleus decays, giving off particles of energy.
- Formed when a particularly positive atom from one polar molecule is attracted to the partially negative atoms in another molecule.
- an electronically neutral subatomic particle.
- Protons and neutrons.
5 True/False questions
What physical states is matter found in? → Solid
What is an electron? → an electronically neutral subatomic particle.
What determines which element it is? → Substances that cannot be broken down into other substances.
What is ion? → The term for atoms that are electronically charged as a result of gaining/losing electrons.
What are the three types of chemical bonds? → Ionic