5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What is a chemical reactions?
- What are isotopes?
- What is matter?
- What is an ionic compound?
- The bond between the hydrogen atom of one water molecule and the oxygen atom of another water molecule is made possible by
- a Changes is the chemical compound of matter.
- b the polarity of the water molecule
- c A compound held together by ionic bonds.
- d Anything that has mass and occupies space.
- e Elements that exist in different forms
Forms of an element that differ in mass
Same num of protons and electrons but diff num of neutrons
5 Multiple choice questions
- a molecule that has opposite charges on opposite ends.
- The number of additional electrons needed to fill its outer shell.
- Substances that cannot be broken down into other substances.
- The number of electrons in the outermost shell.
- The term for atoms that are electronically charged as a result of gaining/losing electrons.
5 True/False questions
What is a neutron? → A subatomic particle w/ a single unit of positive electrical charge (+)
What are the three types of chemical bonds? → Ionic
How many electrons can the 2nd and 3rd shell of an atom hold? → 2.
How many electrons can the inner shell of an atom hold? → up to 8 electrons.
What is an ionic bond? → A compound held together by ionic bonds.