5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- The number of shells an atom has depends on what?
- What determines which element it is?
- How many of the 90 naturally- occuring elements are used by living organisms?
- What is ion?
- How many electrons can the 2nd and 3rd shell of an atom hold?
- a the atomic number.
- b The term for atoms that are electronically charged as a result of gaining/losing electrons.
- c up to 8 electrons.
- d 25.
- e the number of electrons it has.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The sum of the number of protons and neutrons in its nucleus.
- is one in which the nucleus decays, giving off particles of energy.
- A subatomic particle w/ a single unit of positive electrical charge (+)
- Oxygen, carbon, hydrogen, and nitrogen.
- a molecule that has opposite charges on opposite ends.
5 True/False questions
What is a neutron? → A subatomic particle w/ a negative charge.
What are the three types of chemical bonds? → Ionic
The bond between the hydrogen atom of one water molecule and the oxygen atom of another water molecule is made possible by → the polarity of the water molecule
The number of covalent bonds an atom can form is equal to what? → The number of additional electrons needed to fill its outer shell.
What determines the chemical properties of an atom? → the atomic number.