5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What is a neutron?
- What is a radioactive isotope?
- What determines the chemical properties of an atom?
- What are isotopes?
- The number of shells an atom has depends on what?
- a The number of electrons in the outermost shell.
- b the number of electrons it has.
- c Elements that exist in different forms
Forms of an element that differ in mass
Same num of protons and electrons but diff num of neutrons
- d is one in which the nucleus decays, giving off particles of energy.
- e an electronically neutral subatomic particle.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The smallest unit of matter that still retains the properties of an element.
- A compound held together by ionic bonds.
- the polarity of the water molecule
5 True/False questions
What makes up the nucleus? → Protons and neutrons.
What is a covalent bond? → Formed when a particularly positive atom from one polar molecule is attracted to the partially negative atoms in another molecule.
What primarily determines how an atom behaves? → Electrons.
What is mass? → The term for atoms that are electronically charged as a result of gaining/losing electrons.
How many electrons can the 2nd and 3rd shell of an atom hold? → up to 8 electrons.