5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What is an ionic compound?
- What is matter?
- What is an ionic bond?
- What is a molecule?
- What are isotopes?
- a A compound held together by ionic bonds.
- b The attraction btwn opposite charged ions.
- c Anything that has mass and occupies space.
- d Elements that exist in different forms
Forms of an element that differ in mass
Same num of protons and electrons but diff num of neutrons
- e Atoms held together by covalent bonds.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Forms when 2 atoms share 1 or more pairs of outer shell electrons and forms a molecule.
- The term for atoms that are electronically charged as a result of gaining/losing electrons.
- Oxygen, carbon, hydrogen, and nitrogen.
5 True/False questions
What is mass? → Anything that has mass and occupies space.
What is an electron? → A subatomic particle w/ a negative charge.
The bond between the hydrogen atom of one water molecule and the oxygen atom of another water molecule is made possible by → the polarity of the water molecule
What is a neutron? → an electronically neutral subatomic particle.
What makes up the nucleus? → Protons and neutrons.