5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What is a chemical reactions?
- What is a radioactive isotope?
- How many electrons can the 2nd and 3rd shell of an atom hold?
- What is an ionic compound?
- The tendency of water molecules to stick to each other is called
- a up to 8 electrons.
- b cohesion
- c is one in which the nucleus decays, giving off particles of energy.
- d A compound held together by ionic bonds.
- e Changes is the chemical compound of matter.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Atoms held together by covalent bonds.
- The sum of the number of protons and neutrons in its nucleus.
- Oxygen, carbon, hydrogen, and nitrogen.
5 True/False questions
What is the atomic number? → The attraction btwn opposite charged ions.
What is a neutron? → an electronically neutral subatomic particle.
What is an electron? → A subatomic particle w/ a negative charge.
Which part of the atom has the most energy? → The outer shell.
What primarily determines how an atom behaves? → Electrons.