5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What is a molecule?
- What determines which element it is?
- What is a covalent bond?
- What physical states is matter found in?
- What is matter?
- a Atoms held together by covalent bonds.
- b Solid
- c the atomic number.
- d Anything that has mass and occupies space.
- e Forms when 2 atoms share 1 or more pairs of outer shell electrons and forms a molecule.
5 Multiple choice questions
- A compound held together by ionic bonds.
- The number of protons in an atom.
- The outer shell.
- the number of electrons it has.
- Substances that cannot be broken down into other substances.
5 True/False questions
What primarily determines how an atom behaves? → the atomic number.
How many of the 90 naturally- occuring elements are used by living organisms? → 25.
What is an atom? → The smallest unit of matter that still retains the properties of an element.
How many electrons can the inner shell of an atom hold? → up to 8 electrons.
What is an ionic bond? → The attraction btwn opposite charged ions.