5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What are the 4 most abundant elements in living cells?
- What is ion?
- How many electrons can the 2nd and 3rd shell of an atom hold?
- What is an ionic compound?
- What primarily determines how an atom behaves?
- a A compound held together by ionic bonds.
- b Oxygen, carbon, hydrogen, and nitrogen.
- c Electrons.
- d up to 8 electrons.
- e The term for atoms that are electronically charged as a result of gaining/losing electrons.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Changes is the chemical compound of matter.
- The sum of the number of protons and neutrons in its nucleus.
- The smallest unit of matter that still retains the properties of an element.
- A subatomic particle w/ a single unit of positive electrical charge (+)
5 True/False questions
What makes up the nucleus? → Substances that cannot be broken down into other substances.
What determines the chemical properties of an atom? → the atomic number.
What is the atomic number? → The number of protons in an atom.
What are the three types of chemical bonds? → Ionic
How many electrons can the inner shell of an atom hold? → up to 8 electrons.