5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What is ion?
- The tendency of water molecules to stick to each other is called
- How many electrons can the 2nd and 3rd shell of an atom hold?
- What is a chemical reactions?
- What makes up the nucleus?
- a The term for atoms that are electronically charged as a result of gaining/losing electrons.
- b Protons and neutrons.
- c Changes is the chemical compound of matter.
- d up to 8 electrons.
- e cohesion
5 Multiple choice questions
- the atomic number.
- A subatomic particle w/ a single unit of positive electrical charge (+)
- A subatomic particle w/ a negative charge.
- is one in which the nucleus decays, giving off particles of energy.
5 True/False questions
What is the atomic number? → The number of protons in an atom.
The number of shells an atom has depends on what? → The number of additional electrons needed to fill its outer shell.
Which part of the atom has the most energy? → The number of protons in an atom.
What is an ionic bond? → The attraction btwn opposite charged ions.
What is a molecule? → a molecule that has opposite charges on opposite ends.