5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What is the atomic number?
- What is an ionic bond?
- What is a hydrogen bond?
- What is an ionic compound?
- What are the 4 most abundant elements in living cells?
- a Oxygen, carbon, hydrogen, and nitrogen.
- b The number of protons in an atom.
- c Formed when a particularly positive atom from one polar molecule is attracted to the partially negative atoms in another molecule.
- d A compound held together by ionic bonds.
- e The attraction btwn opposite charged ions.
5 Multiple choice questions
- the number of electrons it has.
- Changes is the chemical compound of matter.
- The term for atoms that are electronically charged as a result of gaining/losing electrons.
5 True/False questions
What are elements? → Substances that cannot be broken down into other substances.
What determines the chemical properties of an atom? → the atomic number.
How many electrons can the inner shell of an atom hold? → up to 8 electrons.
Which part of the atom has the most energy? → The outer shell.
What determines which element it is? → the atomic number.