5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What are isotopes?
- The number of shells an atom has depends on what?
- What is ion?
- What is a radioactive isotope?
- What is an electron?
- a the number of electrons it has.
- b The term for atoms that are electronically charged as a result of gaining/losing electrons.
- c is one in which the nucleus decays, giving off particles of energy.
- d Elements that exist in different forms
Forms of an element that differ in mass
Same num of protons and electrons but diff num of neutrons
- e A subatomic particle w/ a negative charge.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The number of electrons in the outermost shell.
- The number of protons in an atom.
- Atoms held together by covalent bonds.
5 True/False questions
What makes up the nucleus? → Protons and neutrons.
The tendency of water molecules to stick to each other is called → the number of electrons it has.
What is a hydrogen bond? → Forms when 2 atoms share 1 or more pairs of outer shell electrons and forms a molecule.
What is an atom? → A subatomic particle w/ a single unit of positive electrical charge (+)
What is an ionic bond? → A compound held together by ionic bonds.