5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What are isotopes?
- Which part of the atom has the most energy?
- How many electrons can the 2nd and 3rd shell of an atom hold?
- What is an atom?
- What is mass?
- a up to 8 electrons.
- b Elements that exist in different forms
Forms of an element that differ in mass
Same num of protons and electrons but diff num of neutrons
- c The sum of the number of protons and neutrons in its nucleus.
- d The smallest unit of matter that still retains the properties of an element.
- e The outer shell.
5 Multiple choice questions
- A subatomic particle w/ a negative charge.
- The attraction btwn opposite charged ions.
- the number of electrons it has.
5 True/False questions
What is the atomic number? → The number of protons in an atom.
What primarily determines how an atom behaves? → Electrons.
What is a chemical reactions? → Changes is the chemical compound of matter.
What is ion? → The term for atoms that are electronically charged as a result of gaining/losing electrons.
What is matter? → The sum of the number of protons and neutrons in its nucleus.