5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What is a hydrogen bond?
- What is a polar molecule?
- What is matter?
- What is a neutron?
- What determines the chemical properties of an atom?
- a Formed when a particularly positive atom from one polar molecule is attracted to the partially negative atoms in another molecule.
- b Anything that has mass and occupies space.
- c a molecule that has opposite charges on opposite ends.
- d an electronically neutral subatomic particle.
- e The number of electrons in the outermost shell.
5 Multiple choice questions
- up to 8 electrons.
- Forms when 2 atoms share 1 or more pairs of outer shell electrons and forms a molecule.
5 True/False questions
What is the atomic number? → The number of protons in an atom.
The number of covalent bonds an atom can form is equal to what? → The number of additional electrons needed to fill its outer shell.
Which part of the atom has the most energy? → The number of protons in an atom.
What is an electron? → A subatomic particle w/ a negative charge.
What primarily determines how an atom behaves? → the atomic number.