5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What is an electron?
- How many electrons can the inner shell of an atom hold?
- How many of the 90 naturally- occuring elements are used by living organisms?
- Which part of the atom has the most energy?
- What determines which element it is?
- a 25.
- b the atomic number.
- c The outer shell.
- d 2.
- e A subatomic particle w/ a negative charge.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Forms when 2 atoms share 1 or more pairs of outer shell electrons and forms a molecule.
- The number of additional electrons needed to fill its outer shell.
- Formed when a particularly positive atom from one polar molecule is attracted to the partially negative atoms in another molecule.
- The number of electrons in the outermost shell.
5 True/False questions
What makes up the nucleus? → Substances that cannot be broken down into other substances.
What primarily determines how an atom behaves? → Electrons.
What is an ionic bond? → A compound held together by ionic bonds.
What is a molecule? → a molecule that has opposite charges on opposite ends.
What are the 4 most abundant elements in living cells? → Oxygen, carbon, hydrogen, and nitrogen.