5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What is a proton?
- The bond between the hydrogen atom of one water molecule and the oxygen atom of another water molecule is made possible by
- Which part of the atom has the most energy?
- What is matter?
- What is an atom?
- a A subatomic particle w/ a single unit of positive electrical charge (+)
- b The outer shell.
- c Anything that has mass and occupies space.
- d the polarity of the water molecule
- e The smallest unit of matter that still retains the properties of an element.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Changes is the chemical compound of matter.
- Elements that exist in different forms
Forms of an element that differ in mass
Same num of protons and electrons but diff num of neutrons
- The attraction btwn opposite charged ions.
- The number of protons in an atom.
5 True/False questions
What is a hydrogen bond? → Forms when 2 atoms share 1 or more pairs of outer shell electrons and forms a molecule.
What is a molecule? → Atoms held together by covalent bonds.
The number of covalent bonds an atom can form is equal to what? → the number of electrons it has.
How many electrons can the inner shell of an atom hold? → up to 8 electrons.
What determines which element it is? → the atomic number.