5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What are the 4 most abundant elements in living cells?
- What are the three types of chemical bonds?
- What is an electron?
- How many electrons can the 2nd and 3rd shell of an atom hold?
- What is mass?
- a up to 8 electrons.
- b The sum of the number of protons and neutrons in its nucleus.
- c Ionic
- d Oxygen, carbon, hydrogen, and nitrogen.
- e A subatomic particle w/ a negative charge.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Changes is the chemical compound of matter.
- Anything that has mass and occupies space.
- The term for atoms that are electronically charged as a result of gaining/losing electrons.
- Atoms held together by covalent bonds.
5 True/False questions
What is a radioactive isotope? → Elements that exist in different forms
Forms of an element that differ in mass
Same num of protons and electrons but diff num of neutrons
How many electrons can the inner shell of an atom hold? → 2.
Which part of the atom has the most energy? → The number of protons in an atom.
What is an ionic compound? → The attraction btwn opposite charged ions.
What determines the chemical properties of an atom? → the atomic number.