5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What is a polar molecule?
- What determines which element it is?
- What is a proton?
- The bond between the hydrogen atom of one water molecule and the oxygen atom of another water molecule is made possible by
- What is a molecule?
- a the polarity of the water molecule
- b Atoms held together by covalent bonds.
- c A subatomic particle w/ a single unit of positive electrical charge (+)
- d a molecule that has opposite charges on opposite ends.
- e the atomic number.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The attraction btwn opposite charged ions.
- The number of protons in an atom.
- Elements that exist in different forms
Forms of an element that differ in mass
Same num of protons and electrons but diff num of neutrons
- Oxygen, carbon, hydrogen, and nitrogen.
5 True/False questions
The number of covalent bonds an atom can form is equal to what? → the number of electrons it has.
What primarily determines how an atom behaves? → Electrons.
What is a hydrogen bond? → Forms when 2 atoms share 1 or more pairs of outer shell electrons and forms a molecule.
What determines the chemical properties of an atom? → The number of electrons in the outermost shell.
What makes up the nucleus? → Protons and neutrons.