5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What is a radioactive isotope?
- What are isotopes?
- What is matter?
- What is a polar molecule?
- What is a chemical reactions?
- a is one in which the nucleus decays, giving off particles of energy.
- b Elements that exist in different forms
Forms of an element that differ in mass
Same num of protons and electrons but diff num of neutrons
- c Anything that has mass and occupies space.
- d Changes is the chemical compound of matter.
- e a molecule that has opposite charges on opposite ends.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The number of protons in an atom.
- Oxygen, carbon, hydrogen, and nitrogen.
- Substances that cannot be broken down into other substances.
- The number of electrons in the outermost shell.
- The outer shell.
5 True/False questions
What is a neutron? → an electronically neutral subatomic particle.
What are the three types of chemical bonds? → Ionic
How many of the 90 naturally- occuring elements are used by living organisms? → Oxygen, carbon, hydrogen, and nitrogen.
What is an ionic bond? → The attraction btwn opposite charged ions.
What is mass? → The sum of the number of protons and neutrons in its nucleus.