5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- The tendency of water molecules to stick to each other is called
- What is an ionic compound?
- What is a radioactive isotope?
- What is a hydrogen bond?
- What is ion?
- a Formed when a particularly positive atom from one polar molecule is attracted to the partially negative atoms in another molecule.
- b is one in which the nucleus decays, giving off particles of energy.
- c A compound held together by ionic bonds.
- d cohesion
- e The term for atoms that are electronically charged as a result of gaining/losing electrons.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Protons and neutrons.
- The sum of the number of protons and neutrons in its nucleus.
- A subatomic particle w/ a single unit of positive electrical charge (+)
- Elements that exist in different forms
Forms of an element that differ in mass
Same num of protons and electrons but diff num of neutrons
5 True/False questions
Which part of the atom has the most energy? → The outer shell.
What is a chemical reactions? → Changes is the chemical compound of matter.
What are the three types of chemical bonds? → Ionic
What physical states is matter found in? → Solid
What determines the chemical properties of an atom? → The number of electrons in the outermost shell.