5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What determines which element it is?
- What is a molecule?
- What is an electron?
- What physical states is matter found in?
- What are the 4 most abundant elements in living cells?
- a the atomic number.
- b Solid
- c Oxygen, carbon, hydrogen, and nitrogen.
- d Atoms held together by covalent bonds.
- e A subatomic particle w/ a negative charge.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Elements that exist in different forms
Forms of an element that differ in mass
Same num of protons and electrons but diff num of neutrons
- The outer shell.
- Forms when 2 atoms share 1 or more pairs of outer shell electrons and forms a molecule.
- Substances that cannot be broken down into other substances.
- Anything that has mass and occupies space.
5 True/False questions
What determines the chemical properties of an atom? → The number of electrons in the outermost shell.
What is a radioactive isotope? → is one in which the nucleus decays, giving off particles of energy.
What is a polar molecule? → a molecule that has opposite charges on opposite ends.
What is ion? → The sum of the number of protons and neutrons in its nucleus.
What is an atom? → The smallest unit of matter that still retains the properties of an element.