5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What is the main type of cell in every tissue in the body except connective tissue?
- cardiac muscle tissue
- whats and example of a receptor triggering changes?
- Exocrine glands differ from endocrine glands in that they _____.
- a fibroblasts
- b slowing down of the entire body and its cells to counteract overheating
- c have ducts which carry products to a free epithelial surface
- d occurs only in the heart wall. Contains sarcomeres. Consists of single, branching cells that have a nucleus. At their ends, adhering junctions help keep them from being ripped apart during forceful contractions.
- e The middle layer of primary tissue. Start of muscles, bones, and most of the circulatory, urinary, and reproductive systems
5 Multiple choice questions
- major site of blood cell formation that fills the spaces in spongy bone
- rapid gas exchange
- carbon dioxide and oxygen
- Excitable cells that make up the communication line in most nervous systems
- farther from a point of reference
5 True/False questions
Lymphatic System → Ingests food and water; mechanically and chemically breaks down food and absorbs small molecules into the internal environment; eliminates food residues
Lateral → toward the outside of the body
white blood cells → The outer layer of primary tissue. Gives rise to epidermis and the nervous system
thoracic cavity → the cavity in the vertebrate body enclosed by the ribs between the diaphragm and the neck and containing the lungs and heart
growth → saclike, secretory organs that open to the free epithelial