5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- ndividuals with a relatively thick layer of _____ tissue may experience less discomfort as the temperature falls.
- sarcoplasmic reticulum
- Which nerve cells relay commands from the brain or spinal cord to muscle cells?
- a organelle of the muscle fiber that stores calcium
- b of or near the head end or toward the front plane of the body
- c motor neurons
- d vascular tissue responsible for the transport of nutrients and the carbohydrates produced by photosynthesis
- e adipose
5 Multiple choice questions
- occurs only in the heart wall. Contains sarcomeres. Consists of single, branching cells that have a nucleus. At their ends, adhering junctions help keep them from being ripped apart during forceful contractions.
- in the skull, encases the brain
- has single, unbranching cells, tapered at both ends. Contracts slower, but longer than skeletal muscle. Found in the stomach, bladder, and uterus
- sheetlike tissue of cells that are close together, with little extracellular material between them. Absorb or secrete
5 True/False questions
Duodenum → moor protein that starts at the center of the sarcomere. forms a cross bridge to actin when the local concentration of calcium ions rises and a bindig site for the myosin's head is exposed
The protective mechanism in which plants release signal molecules that diffuse to undamaged tissues is called _____. → carbon dioxide and oxygen
In which tissues could abundant collagen and elastin be found? → kidneys
Hair is primarily composed of _____. → proteins, gases, ions, sugars, and other substances that are dissolved in it
white blood cells → patrol, defend, and repair tissues