5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Programmed cell death is controlled by _____.
- bone tissue
- Epithelium often overlies connective tissue; a(an) _____ forms the attachment between the two tissues.
- Skeletal System
- a basement membrane
- b Supports and protects body parts; provides muscle attachment sites; produces red blood cells; stores calcium and phosphorous
- c hardened connective tissue that is the main tissue of bones. Some bones are sites of blood cell formation
- d a connective tissue that is more flexible than bone and that protects the ends of bones and keeps them from rubbing together
- e genes
5 Multiple choice questions
- the two upper chambers of the heart- the receiving areas that pool incoming blood.
- central command post that receives and processes information about stimuli
- interstitial fluid and plasma
- considered a connective tissue because its cellular components arise from stem cells in bone, a connective tissue
- splits the top and bottom of a body
5 True/False questions
In plants, the physical isolation of an injured or infected site is called _____. → compartmentalization
what does plasma consist of? → space inside the spinal column containing the spinal cord
In a feedback loop, which of the following is the correct pathway from stimulus to response? → receptor, integrator, effector
Sarcomere → the basic contractile unit of striated muscle; the segment of a myofibril between two adjacent z-lines.
Pharynx → throat; passageway for food to the esophagus and air to the larynx