5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- To better coordinate its activity, the heart is formed from cells that are connected to one another with _____ junctions.
- The process of homeostasis that tends to cancel or counteract the effects of the original stimulus is called _____.
- Reproductive System
- Mucus, saliva, earwax, milk, and digestive enzymes are considered exocrine products because _____.
- a each is produced within an exocrine gland and transported by a duct to a free surface
- b Females produce eggs and males produce sperm that fertilize the egg. Hormones of this system also influence other organ systems
- c gap
- d the basic contractile unit of striated muscle; the segment of a myofibril between two adjacent z-lines.
- e negative feedback mechanism
5 Multiple choice questions
- point where the vagina joins with the urethra
- toe bones
- concentration and removal of substances that are of no use to the body
- Make and secrete structural fiber of collagen and elastin
- signal molecule, receptor protein
5 True/False questions
tight junction → when a functionally specialized substance (especially one that is not a waste) is released from a gland or cell
ligament → a sheet or band of tough fibrous tissue connecting bones or cartilages or supporting muscles or organs
A community of cells that interacts together to perform a specific task is called a/an _____. → tissue
An epithelium made up primarily of flattened cells is called _____. → squamous
most common type of feedback mechanism → negative