5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Hard palate
- Mucus, saliva, earwax, milk, and digestive enzymes are considered exocrine products because _____.
- Panting, sweating, and dilation of surface blood vessels in response to overheating are examples of _____.
- Interstitial fluid is found _____.
- skeletal muscle tissue
- a negative feedback
- b between cells
- c the bony part of the roof of the mouth
- d functional partner of bone and cartilage. Helps move and maintain the positions of the body and its parts. Consists of groups of cells fused together
- e each is produced within an exocrine gland and transported by a duct to a free surface
5 Multiple choice questions
- toward the outside of the body
- specific stimuli (light, pressure, etc.)
- complex of three regulatory proteins that is integral to muscle contraction in skeletal and cardiac muscle
- Has orderly rows of fibroblasts between parallel, tightly packed, bundles of fibers. Helps keep tissue from being torn apart whrn placed under mechanical stress. Tendons and ligaments are examples
5 True/False questions
endocrine glands → have no ducts. they secrete their products, hormones, directly into interstitial fluid
Circulatory System → Females produce eggs and males produce sperm that fertilize the egg. Hormones of this system also influence other organ systems
how many vertebrae do humans have? → seperate backbones from one another
Tendons connect bone to _____, while ligaments connect bone to _____. → muscle, bone
epithelia → Tissues that cover the internal and external surfaces of the body, the cells of which are held together with specialized structures such as tight junctions. Arise from the ectoderm