5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- The Tissues of Bone: Compact bone
- Component of Synovial Joints: Synovial membrane
- paget's disease
- a the dense, hard, and very strong bone that forms the protective outer layer of bones.
- b lines the capsule and secretes synovial fluid.
- c curve, swayback (anterior curvature in the lumbar region)
- d a degenerative disorder that can cause the loss of normal spinal structure and function
- e a bone disease of unknown cause characterized by the excessive breakdown of bone tissue, followed by abnormal bone formation
5 Multiple choice questions
- the surgical removal of a synovial membrane from a joint
- softening of cartilage
- a tumor of the bone marrow (usually malignant) composed of cells normally found in bone marrow
- is located in the shaft of a long bone and is surrounded by compact bone. Medullary means pertaining to the inner section.
- 26 small bones that make up your backbone
5 True/False questions
allogenic → originating within another
osteonecrosis → death of bone tissue
podiatrist → which are also known as articulations, are the
place of union between two or more bones. Joints are classified according to either their construction or based on the degree of movement they allow.
lumbago → backache affecting the lumbar region or lower back
spina bifida → congenital defect in the vertebral column caused by the failure of the vertebral arch to close