5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- comminuted fracture
- spina bifida
- The Tissues of Bone: medullary cavity
- a fracture in which the bone is splintered or crushed
- b is located in the shaft of a long bone and is surrounded by compact bone. Medullary means pertaining to the inner section.
- c congenital defect in the vertebral column caused by the failure of the vertebral arch to close
- d surgical fracture of a bone to correct a deformity
- e abnormal reduction of bone mass
5 Multiple choice questions
- a degenerative disorder that can cause the loss of normal spinal structure and function
- 4 roots for bone
- which are also known as articulations, are the
place of union between two or more bones. Joints are classified according to either their construction or based on the degree of movement they allow.
- abnormal loss of bony tissue resulting in fragile porous bones attributable to a lack of calcium
- which is covered with articular cartilage, is the wide end of a long bone. The proximal epiphysis is the end of the bone located nearest to the midline of the body. The distal epiphysis is the end of the bone located farthest away from the midline.
5 True/False questions
internal fixation → abnormal softening of bones caused by deficiencies of phosphorus or calcium or vitamin D
Component of Synovial Joints: Ligaments → is a fibrous sac that acts as a cushion
to ease movement in areas that are subject to friction such as in the shoulder, elbow, and knee joints where a
tendon passes over a bone (plural, bursae).
allogenic → abnormal reduction of bone mass
cost/o → ribs (true ribs, false ribs, and floating ribs)
orthotic → a mechanical applicance, such as a leg brace or splint, that is specially designed to control, correct, or compensate for impaired limb function