5 Written questions
4 Matching questions
- Registered Nurse: RN
- Physician Assistant : PA
- Medical Transcriptionist perform an important part of the documentation process.
True or false?
- a A graduate from a 2 year associate degree, 3 year diploma, or 4 to 5 year bachelors degree program who passed the state licensing examination for RN's. An RN works under the direction of a physician.
- b Person with 1 to 4 years of education in an approved PA program; a PA works under the supervision of the physician.
- c True
- d Legal permission, granted by state statutes, to perform specific acts; for instance, a physician is licensed to practice medicine.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Evidence of having achieved a certain level of knowledge through education or experience.
- A grauduate from a nine month to 1 year practical nurse vocational or college program who has passed the state licensing examination for practical or vocational nurses.
- Person who has additional education and experience in the health-care field to manage a facility.
5 True/False questions
The ____ is specifically prepared to work in a medical/practice? → They are specifically trained to work in the ambulatory setting. These multiskilled personnel can perform administrative as well as clinical procedures and physicians value this unique versatility.
Tickler File → A chronological file used as a reminder to do specific tasks on schedule; usually daily, weekly, or monthly.
Medical Transcriptionist → Person who may or may not have formal education; will have superior medical terminology as well as keyboarding and grammar skills; transcibes medical dictation.
List and define three catagories of nurses found in the healthcare setting and compare their education and their scope of practice. → 1. LPN : care for the disabled, the sick, and the convalescent under the supervision of physicians or registered nurses.
2. NP: a licensed RN with a BSN. They may examine, diagnose, and treat clients. They practice under their basic RN license and in most states they may supervise MA's.
3. LVN: scope of practice is the same as the LPN.
A clinic manager may desire the
CMAS: Certified Medical Administrative Specialist, certification through the AAMA?
True or False? → False, The CMAS is certified through the AMT not the AAMA.