5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Medical Laoratory Technician : MLT
- What is the role of the MA in the ambulatory setting?
- List and define three catagories of nurses found in the healthcare setting and compare their education and their scope of practice.
- What credentialing is required of a physician assistant in all states except MD, OH and NY?
- The ____ is specifically prepared to work in a medical/practice?
- a They are specifically trained to work in the ambulatory setting. These multiskilled personnel can perform administrative as well as clinical procedures and physicians value this unique versatility.
- b Licensure
- c 1. LPN : care for the disabled, the sick, and the convalescent under the supervision of physicians or registered nurses.
2. NP: a licensed RN with a BSN. They may examine, diagnose, and treat clients. They practice under their basic RN license and in most states they may supervise MA's.
3. LVN: scope of practice is the same as the LPN.
- d MA: medical Assistant
- e A graduate from a certificate or associate degree program who works under the supervision of a provider or medical technologist in a laboratory preparing specimens and operating automated analyzers.
5 Multiple choice questions
- A chronological file used as a reminder to do specific tasks on schedule; usually daily, weekly, or monthly.
- Any healthcare professional who examines, diagnoses, and treats individuals; including MD's and DO's.
- Person who may or may not have formal education; will have superior medical terminology as well as keyboarding and grammar skills; transcibes medical dictation.
5 True/False questions
Credential → A provider who is identified by law as a doctor of medicine : MD or a doctor of osteopathic medicine: OD.
Nurse Practitioner:NP → Nurse pratitioner is an RN; usually with a bachelor of science in nursing, who has sucessfully completed additional education in an NP program at a master's or doctorate level.
Clinic Manager → Person who has additional education and experience in the health-care field to manage a facility.
Continuing Education Units : CEU's → documentation usually from a professional organization that an individual has met certain requirements and standardss set forth by that organization
Medical Assistant: MA → Person with 1 to 4 years of education in an approved PA program; a PA works under the supervision of the physician.