5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Medical Transcriptionist
- Medical Transcriptionist perform an important part of the documentation process.
True or false?
- Name three examples of nonlicensed personnel in the health-care setting.
- a True
- b 1. CMA
- c AN entry in an official record listing names of persons satisfying certain requirements and level of education.
- d Person who may or may not have formal education; will have superior medical terminology as well as keyboarding and grammar skills; transcibes medical dictation.
- e AN agreement by which two states recognize the licensing procedures of each other, consider them valid, and grant licenses to practice based on the other states licensure. In some states, it is referred to as endorsement.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Terminolgy used by state licensing boards that defines the procedures, actions, and processes that are permitted for a professional depending on their education, experience and demonstrated competency.
- A chronological file used as a reminder to do specific tasks on schedule; usually daily, weekly, or monthly.
- False, The CMAS is certified through the AMT not the AAMA.
- A NP may practice independently where as a PA must have physician supv. ALthough both offer a wide range of services the PA is disease centered whereas the NP focuses on health promotion, disease prevention, health ED and counseling. THe NP must recertify every 5 years and the PA must re-exam every 6 years. Both the NP and the PA have restrictions in some states for prescribing controlled substances.
5 True/False questions
Certification → documentation usually from a professional organization that an individual has met certain requirements and standardss set forth by that organization
List and define three catagories of nurses found in the healthcare setting and compare their education and their scope of practice. → 1. CMA
Physician → Any healthcare professional who examines, diagnoses, and treats individuals; including MD's and DO's.
The ____ is specifically prepared to work in a medical/practice? → They are specifically trained to work in the ambulatory setting. These multiskilled personnel can perform administrative as well as clinical procedures and physicians value this unique versatility.
Describe scope of practice for ambulatory healthcare personnel. → Defines the procedures, actions and processes that are permitted for a professional depending on their education, experience, and demonstrated competency.