5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Medical Transcriptionist
- A medical Transcriptionist may become certified by passing a certifying examination offered by the ___?
- When 2 states recognize the licensing procedures of each other, consider them valid, and grant licenses to practice based on the other states's licensure, this is called
- Inclusion is another term for reciprocity?
True or False?
- a AHDI
- b reciprocity and endorsement
- c Person who may or may not have formal education; will have superior medical terminology as well as keyboarding and grammar skills; transcibes medical dictation.
- d An agreement in which one state recognizes the licensing procedure of another state, considers it valid, and grants a license to practice; sometimes referred to reciprocity.
- e False
5 Multiple choice questions
- A grauduate from a 4 year college or university program in medical technology that includes 1 year of clinical experience in the laboratory. MT's perform complex tests and analyses, ensure accuracy of testing, and may supervise medical laboratory technicians.
- MA: medical Assistant
- Evidence of having achieved a certain level of knowledge through education or experience.
- Person with 1 to 4 years of education in an approved PA program; a PA works under the supervision of the physician.
- Any healthcare professional who examines, diagnoses, and treats individuals; including MD's and DO's.
5 True/False questions
What credentialing is required of a physician assistant in all states except MD, OH and NY? → Licensure
Medical Assistant: MA → Person with 1 to 4 years of education in an approved PA program; a PA works under the supervision of the physician.
List and define three catagories of nurses found in the healthcare setting and compare their education and their scope of practice. → 1. LPN : care for the disabled, the sick, and the convalescent under the supervision of physicians or registered nurses.
2. NP: a licensed RN with a BSN. They may examine, diagnose, and treat clients. They practice under their basic RN license and in most states they may supervise MA's.
3. LVN: scope of practice is the same as the LPN.
List two similarities and dissimilarities between a physician assistant and a nurse practitioner. → A NP may practice independently where as a PA must have physician supv. ALthough both offer a wide range of services the PA is disease centered whereas the NP focuses on health promotion, disease prevention, health ED and counseling. THe NP must recertify every 5 years and the PA must re-exam every 6 years. Both the NP and the PA have restrictions in some states for prescribing controlled substances.
Name three examples of nonlicensed personnel in the health-care setting. → They are specifically trained to work in the ambulatory setting. These multiskilled personnel can perform administrative as well as clinical procedures and physicians value this unique versatility.