5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What is the role of the MA in the ambulatory setting?
- List and define three catagories of nurses found in the healthcare setting and compare their education and their scope of practice.
- The ____ is specifically prepared to work in a medical/practice?
- When 2 states recognize the licensing procedures of each other, consider them valid, and grant licenses to practice based on the other states's licensure, this is called
- Scope of Practice
- a MA: medical Assistant
- b 1. LPN : care for the disabled, the sick, and the convalescent under the supervision of physicians or registered nurses.
2. NP: a licensed RN with a BSN. They may examine, diagnose, and treat clients. They practice under their basic RN license and in most states they may supervise MA's.
3. LVN: scope of practice is the same as the LPN.
- c reciprocity and endorsement
- d Terminolgy used by state licensing boards that defines the procedures, actions, and processes that are permitted for a professional depending on their education, experience and demonstrated competency.
- e They are specifically trained to work in the ambulatory setting. These multiskilled personnel can perform administrative as well as clinical procedures and physicians value this unique versatility.
5 Multiple choice questions
- These are awarded to professionals within a particular field after gaining additional knowledge at a workshop or seminar.
- 1. CMA
- Nurse pratitioner is an RN; usually with a bachelor of science in nursing, who has sucessfully completed additional education in an NP program at a master's or doctorate level.
- Person who may or may not have formal education; will have superior medical terminology as well as keyboarding and grammar skills; transcibes medical dictation.
5 True/False questions
Registered Nurse: RN → AN entry in an official record listing names of persons satisfying certain requirements and level of education.
Endorsement → Any healthcare professional who examines, diagnoses, and treats individuals; including MD's and DO's.
The LPN and the LVN receive the same education?
True or False? → True
Tickler File → Legal permission, granted by state statutes, to perform specific acts; for instance, a physician is licensed to practice medicine.
Physician → A provider who is identified by law as a doctor of medicine : MD or a doctor of osteopathic medicine: OD.