5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Continuing Education Units : CEU's
- Medical Technologist: MT
- Registered Nurse: RN
- a A grauduate from a 4 year college or university program in medical technology that includes 1 year of clinical experience in the laboratory. MT's perform complex tests and analyses, ensure accuracy of testing, and may supervise medical laboratory technicians.
- b These are awarded to professionals within a particular field after gaining additional knowledge at a workshop or seminar.
- c A graduate from a 2 year associate degree, 3 year diploma, or 4 to 5 year bachelors degree program who passed the state licensing examination for RN's. An RN works under the direction of a physician.
- d Evidence of having achieved a certain level of knowledge through education or experience.
- e An agreement in which one state recognizes the licensing procedure of another state, considers it valid, and grants a license to practice; sometimes referred to reciprocity.
5 Multiple choice questions
- They MD must recertify every 2 to 7 years.
- Terminolgy used by state licensing boards that defines the procedures, actions, and processes that are permitted for a professional depending on their education, experience and demonstrated competency.
- 1. LPN : care for the disabled, the sick, and the convalescent under the supervision of physicians or registered nurses.
2. NP: a licensed RN with a BSN. They may examine, diagnose, and treat clients. They practice under their basic RN license and in most states they may supervise MA's.
3. LVN: scope of practice is the same as the LPN.
- A chronological file used as a reminder to do specific tasks on schedule; usually daily, weekly, or monthly.
- Defines the procedures, actions and processes that are permitted for a professional depending on their education, experience, and demonstrated competency.
5 True/False questions
A clinic manager may desire the
CMAS: Certified Medical Administrative Specialist, certification through the AAMA?
True or False? → False, The CMAS is certified through the AMT not the AAMA.
Licensure → Legal permission, granted by state statutes, to perform specific acts; for instance, a physician is licensed to practice medicine.
MTs are required in all ambulatory care settings?
True or False? → True
A medical Transcriptionist may become certified by passing a certifying examination offered by the ___? → AHDI
The LPN and the LVN receive the same education?
True or False? → False