5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What is Hypercholesterolemia?
- What is Tay-Sachs Disease?
- What is Albinism?
- Dead male (description)
- What defines a recessive pedigree?
- a Lipid accumulation in brain cells; mental deficiency; blindness
- b Excess cholesterol in blood; heart disease
- c Square with a line through it
- d When parents do not show the trait, but have children who do; a generation is skipped
- e Lack of pigment in skin, hair and eyes
5 Multiple choice questions
- One or both parents show the trait; no generations are skipped
- Accumulation of galactose (a sugar) in tissues; mental retardation, eye and liver damage
- A lethal genetic disorder caused by a rare dominant allele; It results in the breakdown of certain areas of the brain; normally deadly
- Progressive weakening and loss of skeletal muscle - missing protein needed from proper muscle development
5 True/False questions
What is Cystic Fibrosis? → Excess mucus in lungs, digestive tract and liver
What is Achondroplasia? → Dwarfism
Normal female (image) →
What are the 5 autosomal recessive disorders? → 1) Achondroplasia
2) Huntington's Disease
What is a pedigree? → Lack of pigment in skin, hair and eyes