5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Digestive System
- a The heart is enclosed by this membrane.
- b Automatic nerve reaction to a stimulus that involves the movement of an impluse from a sensory receptor along the afferent neuron to the spinal cord and a responsive impluse back along an efferent neuron to a muscle, causing a reaction.
- c Responsible for changing food into nutrients and waste.
- d Nerve fibers extending from the nerve cell that receive impluses from other neurons.
- e Nurtritive fluid circulating through the circulatory system and is considered connective tissue. There are 8-10 pints.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Branches of this nerve innervate the taste buds, the skin of the external ear, and the salivary and lacrimal glands. Also controls facial expressions.
- The largest artery in the body.
- Primary structured unit of the nervous system. Is composed of a cell body and nucleus.
- This nerve brings about movement in the head and shoulders. Also is involved in the production of voice sounds.
- Carries the oxygenated blood from the heart throughout the body and ack to the heart again.
5 True/False questions
Fifth Cranial Nerve → Is the chief motor nerve of the face. Also called the facial nerve.
Vascular System → Controls the steady circulation of the blood through the body by means of the heart and blood vessels. Also known as cardiovascular system or vascular system.
Veins → Thin-walled blood vessels that less elastic that arteries. Contain cup-like valves that keep the blood flowing in one direction. Located closer to the skin surface.
Endocrine Glands → Produce a substance that travels through small. tube-like ducts. Sweat and oil glands of the skin belong to this group. Also known as duct glands.
Interstitial Fluid → Blood plasma found in the spaces between tissue cells.