5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Endocrine Glands
- Endocrine System
- Systemic Circulation
- Thyroid Gland
- a Controls how quickly the body burns energy.
- b Group of specialized glands that affect the growth, development, sexual activities, and health of the entire body.
- c Nerve fibers extending from the nerve cell that receive impluses from other neurons.
- d Release secretions called hormones directly into the bloodstream, which in turn influence the welfare of the entire body. Also known as ductless glands.
- e Carries the oxygenated blood from the heart throughout the body and ack to the heart again.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The largest of the cranial nerves. Chief sensory nerve of the face, and it serves as the motor nerve of the muscles that control chewing. Consists of three branches.
- Blood plasma found in the spaces between tissue cells.
- Primary structured unit of the nervous system. Is composed of a cell body and nucleus.
- Supplies blood to the lower region of the face, mouth and nose. Also know as external maxillary artery.
- The heart is enclosed by this membrane.
5 True/False questions
Posterior Auricular Nerve → Affects the muscles behind the ear at the base of the skull.
Nervous System → Exceptionally well-organized system that is responsible for coordinating all the many activities that are performed by the body.
Circulatory System → Consists of the heart, arteries, veins, and capillaries for the distribution of the blood throughout the body.
Nerves → Whitish cords, made up of bundles of nerve fibers held together by connective tissue, through which impluses are transmitted.
Mitral Valve → Affects the side of the neck and the platysma muscle.