6 Written questions
6 Multiple choice questions
- ENGLAND AND THE AMERICAN WAR FOR INDEPENDENCE begins and ends when? America gets independence from Britian; The "great experiment" of democracy begins.
- THE RESTORATION. James I's son Charles II is brought back to throne. The church of England is reestablished.
- Jane Austen's father dies.
- NAPOLEON BONAPARTE comes to power (belief is that strong general can hold off royalism and foreign attacks)
- BILL OF RIGHTS. Declares Parliment supreme over the crown and guarantees civil liberties.
- THE "GLORIOUS" or "BLOODLESS" REVOLUTION. Mary (protestant) & her husband William III of Holland replace James II (the Catholic freak).
5 True/False questions
1589 → BILL OF RIGHTS. Declares Parliment supreme over the crown and guarantees civil liberties.
1813 → Jane Austen's father dies.
1811-1820 → REGENCY ENGLAND. The age of Elegance and Display. King George III is King, but he has a mental illness and can't rule
1660-1800 → AGE OF SATIRE.
1340-1400 → GOEFFREY CHAUCER. Author of "The Canterbury Tales"