6 Written questions
6 Multiple choice questions
- THE "GLORIOUS" or "BLOODLESS" REVOLUTION. Mary (protestant) & her husband William III of Holland replace James II (the Catholic freak).
- THE FRENCH REVOLUTION. Political upheaval of France's absolute monarchy. Feudalism destroyed, new ideas of citizenship and rights. Ends with Execution of king and Marie Antoinette.
- NAPOLEON BONAPARTE comes to power (belief is that strong general can hold off royalism and foreign attacks)
- BILL OF RIGHTS. Declares Parliment supreme over the crown and guarantees civil liberties.
- Jane Austen's father dies.
- THE TEST ACT: all civil servants must take communion in an Anglican church and deny belief in transubstantiation.
5 True/False questions
1660 → THE RESTORATION. James I's son Charles II is brought back to throne. The church of England is reestablished.
1660-1800 → AGE OF SATIRE.
1811-1820 → THE NAPOLEONIC WARS
1589 → A MIDSUMMER NIGHT'S DREAM (Shakespeare) is written
1340-1400 → GOEFFREY CHAUCER. Author of "The Canterbury Tales"