6 Written questions
6 Multiple choice questions
- THE "GLORIOUS" or "BLOODLESS" REVOLUTION. Mary (protestant) & her husband William III of Holland replace James II (the Catholic freak).
- REGENCY ENGLAND. The age of Elegance and Display. King George III is King, but he has a mental illness and can't rule
- AGE OF SATIRE.
- NAPOLEON BONAPARTE comes to power (belief is that strong general can hold off royalism and foreign attacks)
- A MIDSUMMER NIGHT'S DREAM (Shakespeare) is written
- THE FRENCH REVOLUTION. Political upheaval of France's absolute monarchy. Feudalism destroyed, new ideas of citizenship and rights. Ends with Execution of king and Marie Antoinette.
5 True/False questions
1775-1817 → JANE AUSTEN. At 21 wrote "First Impressions" which later became "Pride and Prejudice". Dies of Addison's disease at 42.
1660 → THE TEST ACT: all civil servants must take communion in an Anglican church and deny belief in transubstantiation.
1813 → THE TEST ACT: all civil servants must take communion in an Anglican church and deny belief in transubstantiation.
1340-1400 → AGE OF SATIRE.
750 CE → BEOWULF probably written.